• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Second Assault DLC remakes four BF3 maps

Grief.exe

Those are actually some of my least favorite maps from BF3.

I'd like to see them bring back some of the BC2 maps, there were so many great maps in that game.

Do you really think the maps will differ much in BF4? Like, really?

Considering we have only one map (Siege in Shanghai) to go by...yes. Literally nothing like it in BF.

EDIT: NM, I misunderstood. Yeah, I doubt they'll be significantly changed.

Battlefield 3 maps?

Really good?

Classic?

lol, that's not the case.

The vanilla maps? Mediocre, outside of maybe Caspian and a few Rush versions of the others.

Some of the DLC maps? Yeah, there are a few that reach DICE's previous heights.

Symthic

Banned
Why blind? Instead they could have focused on just creating DLC with actual new content. Back to Karakand at least made sense because there was a huge gab between those games. Now people who want actual new maps will have to wait longer.

You'll already be getting like eight new maps with the vanilla game, which is like two DLCs, but you don't have to pay for them.

Some people like the old maps, hence why they're bringing them back.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Looking forward to metro 64 madness, never got to experience it before as i only ever had console BF3

If they modify it to allow a tank to fall through the ceiling, then we might have a good map. Followed by a helicopter of course. That place was a stat boosting and leveling paradise. And a gameplay hell.

Symthic

Banned
No I'm talking about the BF3 maps to be remade for BF4.

They could pull a Treyarch and make the map the same layout, but almost unrecognizable (Cliffside>Hazard, Firing Range>Studio).

Doubt they will, but how different do you want it? Does it even matter? As long as the map is fun, it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Grief.exe

Dice bringing back Metro to BF4 reminds me of this 4chan Kotick impression.

They are doing it for the sole purpose of the community. Think about the type of people that play Metro, you think you actually want to play with that type of person? No.

Bring back Metro and keep those type of people in that map, leaving the rest of BF4 for the people who understand the game.

iNR1dExKPO4of.png

I'd rather play BC1/2 maps over BF3 ones

BC2 maps were so much fun.

Sojgat

If they modify it to allow a tank to fall through the ceiling, then we might have a good map. That place was a stat boosting and leveling paradise. And a gameplay hell.

Would be nice if you could destroy everything, collapse the subway tunnels, and fight above ground through the city streets and the Paris stock exchange, during a severe thunderstorm (or something). If it's just the same map with some extra destruction, then I won't be bothering with Premium this time.

Deadbeat

Banned
its a mess on PC, 64 players in 2 hallways. Its super stupid
Ive never understood why people complain about metro 64 players when they arent forced to play metro 64 players. Go somewhere else. Stop coming to these servers and bitch about the carnage.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I was waffling between the two versions only because of the DLC (I want to get the ps4 version). This makes my decision just that much easier.

Aw I see.

Although we won't know what the heavy duty DLC will be like until Winter or next Spring.

I think I bi-annual Battlefield isn't bad. Instead of CoD Fall -> CoD DLC for Spring and Summer -> New CoD in Fall -> Repeat

BF seems to go more for BF Fall with day 1 DLC -> BF DLC throughout the next year -> new BF two years from original release

Both have their pros and cons. Not a fan of BF4's day one DLC (not because of splitting the playerbase but I figure those could've just been patched in day 1). But I do like that the DLC they'll pump out next year will be pretty intricate just like BF3's.

Lakitu

st5fu
How could they improve Metro to utilise commander mode though, Frostbite 3 and levolution though? Same goes for Caspian and any vanilla map. I bet Noshahr is back because of TDM and conquest large seems vastly superior to the console version. I guess the other would be Seine or Grand Bazaar.

With Metro they better vastly improve the level design. In conquest, each flag can essentially become a trap. There needs to be multiple routes, maybe a ventilation system? Or maybe some more overground stuff? I'd say use the park in conquest aswell but that would lead to one of the worst choke points in the game (the entrance).

I do wonder how they'd improve them, merely for curiosity.

BibiMaghoo

What's wrong with getting some classic maps as well? I actually liked the
"Back to Karkand" pack much better than most BF3 maps.

They were not released so close to the previous game that contained them. They had a gap of several BF games. These will have a gap of none.

Are you serious? o_O

100%. The map is fucking empty for the most part. The space available far outweighs the player count. If no vehicles are available at the start spawn, be ready to walk for 10 minutes to reach the objective.

I cannot stand this map. Can you tell lol?

Majanew

Banned
No to Operation Metro. Ugh. It's only popular on BF3 because people want to farm for points for the unlocks. The map is terrible and if it comes up in rotation, I get the hell out. But... FUCK YES to Caspian Border. One of my faves. Now give me Gulf of Oman and I'll forgive you Operation Metro.

Spookie

Metro is popular? You just run at each other spamming grenades for 30 minutes. Talk about lowest common denominator.

BibiMaghoo

Metro is popular? You just run at each other spamming grenades for 30 minutes. Talk about lowest common denominator.

It has many intense choke points. BF generally doesn't have many in each map,if at all, so it sets it apart as a ''full on'' map. Especially in Rush which I favour over conquest.

Insaniac

sucks that they're remaking maps for the DLC, it should be free. However it will be nice to enjoy caspian border with 64 players

Omni

15$ for refurbished maps isn't complaining about everything. it's right to do so.

1 out of ~4 optional $15 DLCs bringing back fan favourite maps is something to be complaining about?
Stop having a different opinion guys!

So it's DLC, great I won't have to play it but it will still end up splitting the user base for me because it will be a map pack that I won't own. I just don't understand the rationale if these rumors are true. As others have said might be a different story if they were older maps but the rumor is they are not.
Splitting the player base for you? You realise the game has a server browser on all platforms, right? You're not going to notice a difference...

patapuf

There's 1 stupid spam map in every battlefield. Sadly, it's also always the most popular.

Though after the CQC DLC there's hope DICE finally learned that you don't need huge chokepoints for action packed gameplay.

I'm fine with one pack dedicated to classic maps, though i'd rather they picked some of the DLC maps than the stock ones.

KaiserBecks

They were not released so close to the previous game that contained them. They had a gap of several BF games. These will have a gap of none

You will feel differently about that once you've spent some time with BF4 vanilla. The only thing I'd wish DICE would do is to create some maps specifically for Rush and some specifically for Conquest. Most simply don't work well at doing both modes.

100%. The map is fucking empty for the most part. The space available far outweighs the player count. If no vehicles are available at the start spawn, be ready to walk for 10 minutes to reach the objective.

I hope you're talking about the console version. There's always someone to shoot on 64p Conquest.

AndyD

aka andydumi
How could they improve Metro to utilise commander mode though, Frostbite 3 and levolution though? Same goes for Caspian and any vanilla map. I bet Noshahr is back because of TDM and conquest large seems vastly superior to the console version. I guess the other would be Seine or Grand Bazaar.

With Metro they better vastly improve the level design. In conquest, each flag can essentially become a trap. There needs to be multiple routes, maybe a ventilation system? Or maybe some more overground stuff? I'd say use the park in conquest aswell but that would lead to one of the worst choke points in the game (the entrance).

I do wonder how they'd improve them, merely for curiosity.

I am in the same curious camp.

I can imagine the building above the metro station collapsing the ceiling of the metro station down into effective ramps. So you can now also enter/exit the metro station through the building above and not just the current entrances.

Remember the entrance into the tunnels starts when the planes come and blast a hole at the end of section 1 in conquest. They can blast a hole, and also allow you to go into the building above. So it becomes a combination of the current death tunnels and the after the metro last push section.

Naked Lunch

I like when BC2 came out, everyone claimed those maps were total shit and BC1's were the best. Now BF4 is due out and everyone claims BF3's maps were shit and BC2's were the best.

Finally getting some of the BF3 maps made for 64 players on consoles will be nice. I fail to see how getting more maps is a bad thing. If BF4 is anything like BF3 we will be getting additional maps and expansions literally for years. DICE, how about some Dragon Valley and Songhua Stalemate please.

wicko

On console Caspian is pretty garbage - I can imagine it working better with 48-64 players. Metro is just a shit show, where everyone is a medic and reviving each other. I like the map but the ticket booth area is pretty crappy if you're an attacker. With evenly matched teams, attackers probably lose more often than not at that point in rush and CQ.

I really hope they nerf medics a bit in BF4, like a cooldown on the paddles or players can only be revived once after a spawn.

It literally takes like 30 seconds to run from point to point on Caspian. Even from spawns it takes about that time to run on foot to the first capture base.

Either you're playing the gimped console version (which has less capture points right) or you're not playing 32+ players

olimpia84

I'm OK with BF3 maps being in the game as long as it doesn't affect the amount of original maps and content. Wake Island being rumored though? That map needs to die in a fire already unless they fix it.

BibiMaghoo

You will feel differently about that once you've spent some time with BF4 vanilla. The only thing I'd wish DICE would do is to create some maps specifically for Rush and some specifically for Conquest. Most simply don't work well at doing both modes.

I hope you're talking about the console version. There's always someone to shoot on 64p Conquest.

I'm not sure how I feel about that to be honest. It bothered me that there are maps that do not have rush mode, but as you say, they don't mix well in all cases. If they split them, guaranteed there would be maps that would be great for rush and not get it, and vice versa.

And no, I am talking about both PC and console versions. Even with 64 players on caspian, the map is too sparse. Probably half of it is grass with no cover, if not more.

It literally takes like 30 seconds to run from point to point on Caspian.

This is literally, bullshit. 30 seconds from the start to the first flag/mcom? On foot?

Top Bottom