• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 5 retail listing at World of Games (Swiss), "tactical shooter in WW1"

w3bba

wasn't WW1 pretty lame in terms of combat? trench warfare out the ass and writing poetry while getting shellshocked.

"press F to write poetry"

but on topic, pls no ww1 as many said the battles were boring. only interesting thing i can think of is biplane combat

Steeven

wasn't WW1 pretty lame in terms of combat? trench warfare out the ass and writing poetry while getting shellshocked.

First of all, I would not call it 'lame'. Also, it depended on the fronts. The eastern front had several examples of successful small military operations performed by mobile German forces that penetrated Russian lines.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
who are you referring to, and when has WW1 ever been depicted in video games?
To people thinking just because the Western Front became notorious for its trench standstill means a World War 1 shooter must inevitably have bad gameplay. That's not how it works; World War 2, Vietnam, Modern and whathaveyou shooters warp reality in favour of gameplay. Even the most realistic shooters like Arma mainly focus on engagements.

Also, Verdun and Valiant Hearts would be recent examples.

DKHF

Battlefield 4 was announced at almost exactly this time of year in 2013 (March 27 2013) so I wonder if they will announce BF5 this week.

fish-head-2.jpg
lol

Rembrandt

Banned
To people thinking just because the Western Front became notorious for its trench standstill means a World War 1 shooter must inevitably have bad gameplay. That's not how it works; World War 2, Vietnam, Modern and whathaveyou shooters warp reality in favour of gameplay. Even the most realistic shooters like Arma mainly focus on engagements.

Also, Verdun and Valiant Hearts would be recent examples.

i like that your example in response to it being about trench warfare was to mention a shooter that is trench warfare.

Euron

Our standards for fake leaks have increased exponentially after the NX Fiasco and #TreeGate. You need to do better next time reddit.

Anyway, we know this is coming this year but is there a chance Titanfall 2 also releases this year? Looking forward to the latter so much more.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Final mission where you're sent over the top of the trenches would be intense.

So eight hours in the first level of sitting around talking to other soldiers/digging the trench. Five minutes for the second level where you try to go over the trench, get shot/gassed.

Fantastic.

While trench warfare was occurring, the eastern front as the leak suggested was not only trench warfare. In fact, the western front wasn't either. I would love a ww1 game. I loved those moments in the Darkness where you were in hellish interpretation of a ww1 battlefield.

HorcaCZ

I really hope that Dice will not go with the WW1 setting. Battlefield is all about vehicles, gadgets, all out warfare etc.
In WW1 you can shoot from trenches to trenches..... and thats about it.

Ive watched some WW1 documentarys some days ago and holy shit you could do soo much stuff in that setting. And when they go Alternate History they could even do more nice stuff.

I really think its WW1.

Doesnt make much sense to release another Future Shooter when the current market is flooded with them.

Coffinhal

I'm in if it's real.

If they can achieve Battlefront's artistic and technical level it sure would kick some asses at E3 in the MP category.

Also, so many experts of WWI warfare techniques here, it's wonderful. It's good to see that gaf is full of historians and war generals that studied and studied.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'm in if it's real.

If they can achieve Battlefront's artistic and technical level it sure would kick some asses at E3 in the MP category.

Also, so many experts of WWI warfare techniques here, it's wonderful. It's good to see that gaf is full of historians and war generals that studied and studied.
Eh more like we took high school social studies and one or two history electives in university

Walpurgis

Banned
I completely forgot about this and now the hype is rushing back. A World War I Battlefield game... It's a dream come true. I hope they announce it today.

Thats a smart move exploring WW1, with a handfull of games on that era. But no point in making it if you did not do a WW2 game, because you are directly challenging classic CoD1,2, with that i mean if it is appealing to gamers then you can do a more fictious version after that era.

Top Bottom