• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Ran into a couple of near weekend idiots today. Really disappointing when you and another guy are the only ones that is pushing forward while the rest of the team is back at base picking their noses.

played some BC1 on PS3 before breakfast and yep, on PS3 you can still full games of the original too! had a really awesome time under the bridge before the 2nd base of Deconstruction, so many 1 shot shotgun kills on unsuspecting foes, and no killcam means they couldn't be 100% sure of my location!

so who's playing BC2 later? i need to get my crate bashing points on...

Crakatak187 said:
Ran into a couple of near weekend idiots today. Really disappointing when you and another guy are the only ones that is pushing forward while the rest of the team is back at base picking their noses.

When we played Conquest on Port Valdez, I thought we were gonna lose since our team was doing so bad. Surprised we came back and won. Also, I love shotguns now!

I had a pretty cool moment.

I was in Laguna Presa and we just lost our third set, and then I was able to get behind the group of enemies that were just cleaning the base, and saw a damaged Bradley, bad boys, so after killing one guy I got in, they didn't notice so I killed the first 2 guys, there were other 3 that didn't think those explosions had everything to do with them, oh well bad for them, I slaughtered all 3, and when I thought I was going to die after all the destruction I caused another Bradley appeared, so I try to reach it, while getting shoot and almost get killed, I was going to take it to my base but I was quickly surrounded and getting blasted, so I know I was going to die, but I got another 3 or 4 guys with me.

So they got like 10 tickets less and no tank before even going to our mcoms, of course we won at that set. :lol

Jumped into a game last night that has us losing 55-170 and we came back and beat them 4-0. So epic and reminded me why I love this game so much.

Oh, and I got like 8 tank mine kills. Love dropping those things in the water... surprise!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Should've told me you were playing Bad Comapny 1 Faceless. I need my 10K2 kills. :(

I'll probably be playing Bad Company 2 later today. If I'm not sidetracked by Super Street 4, Killzone 2 (gotta patch this and see if it's worth keeping or heading back to the store and bitching for another free game), and God of War. :lol

TheSeks said:
Should've told me you were playing Bad Comapny 1 Faceless. I need my 10K2 kills. :(

I'll probably be playing Bad Company 2 later today. If I'm not sidetracked by Super Street 4, Killzone 2 (gotta patch this and see if it's worth keeping or heading back to the store and bitching for another free game), and God of War. :lol
we can play BC1 anytime! there should be a GAF BC1 get together or something, except it's so hard to actually get on the same team, much less same squad in BC1.

man, the #1 change in BC2 from BC1 has to be the 30 second timer before attackers can move up. holy shit i forgot just how much having no timer makes some sections fall if you are in the right position to take advantage and roll on. bases with no defenders spawned yet getting wrecked and then rolling on to th3e next one before they get a chance to catch up.

With the last patch did they nerf the damage of weapons on the PC or something? Even in hardcore mode servers, the weapons are feeling underpowered once again and taking too many hits to kill with

Tunin

The Faceless Master said:
man, the #1 change in BC2 from BC1 has to be the 30 second timer before attackers can move up. holy shit i forgot just how much having no timer makes some sections fall if you are in the right position to take advantage and roll on. bases with no defenders spawned yet getting wrecked and then rolling on to th3e next one before they get a chance to catch up.
That was one of the major flaws in BC1, it was impossible to play against well organizes clans, specially if your team is not even close to be synchronized.

Anyway, am I the only one missing BC1 maps in BC2? God, the desert map (that I can't remember the name) was one of my favorites.

BattleMonkey said:
With the last patch did they nerf the damage of weapons on the PC or something? Even in hardcore mode servers, the weapons are feeling underpowered once again and taking too many hits to kill with
the last PC patch only changed damage on a few weapons. Hardcore health is increased from 50 to 60 though.

Tunin said:
That was one of the major flaws in BC1, it was impossible to play against well organizes clans, specially if your team is not even close to be synchronized.

Anyway, am I the only one missing BC1 maps in BC2? God, the desert map (that I can't remember the name) was one of my favorites.
don't even need organized clans, just 1 person who knows what they're doing and 3 randoms who squad spawn and say "shit that dude knows what he's doing, i'm following him"

and yeah, i would love to play BC1 maps in BC2. Ascension or Acta Non Verba would be Epic!

Tunin said:

BC1 mapas are much much better than the BC2 maps for sure. Oasis, End of the Line, Final Ignition, Harvest Day...All great maps.

yeah, makes a huge difference, but while BC2 it's the better game, i miss some of the maps of BC1, and how wide they were, going back, BC2 maps feels to tight and closed.

If only in BC1 you didn't need like 50 bullets to kill anything...

Relaxed Muscle said:
yeah, makes a huge difference, but while BC2 it's the better game, i miss some of the maps of BC1, and how wide they were, going back, BC2 maps feels to tight and closed.

If only in BC1 you didn't need like 50 bullets to kill anything...
that's why i use pump shotguns and bolt action rifles to kill people! 1 shot baby!

TheSeks

Dubbedinenglish said:
BC1 mapas are much much better than the BC2 maps for sure. Oasis, End of the Line, Final Ignition, Harvest Day...All great maps.

I dunno about that. BC1 has some good maps, but "better than BC2?" I like Port Valadez (with the exception of the choke point), Arica Harbor (could play this all day any day), Laguna Presea and the others are passable to play on with a few flaws.

And yeah, that non-wait to move up is a bit screwy. There is a few other things (*cough*damage rate*cough*) that are weird in BC1, but I enjoy it all the same.

that's why i use pump shotguns and bolt action rifles to kill people! 1 shot baby!

I suck with pump shotguns, don't ask me why, but I fail a lot of easy shots, but the M95 in BC1 is godly, actually sniping is much easier than in BC2, except because the hit points aren't as permissive in BC1.

TheSeks said:
I dunno about that. BC1 has some good maps, but "better than BC2?" I like Port Valadez (with the exception of the choke point), Arica Harbor (could play this all day any day), Laguna Presea and the others are passable to play on with a few flaws.

I wouldn't say better but I love how much of them a more open than BC2 maps.

TheSeks said:

And yeah, that non-wait to move up is a bit screwy. There is a few other things (*cough*damage rate*cough*) that are weird in BC1, but I enjoy it all the same.
the bigger maps were wider and offered more variety in approach. think about how many ways you can start off harvest day, oasis, end of the line or valley run.

TheSeks

the bigger maps were wider and offered more variety in approach. think about how many ways you can start off harvest day, oasis, end of the line or valley run.

I guess. I just find the open maps to be pretty shitty to hoof it and the vehicles basically have the defenders all spawn as tank busters and then camp the crates while taking out vehicles/anyone that tries to get the crates.

You could flank, sure. But I wouldn't put those above BC2's maps too highly.

eternaLightness said:
When we played Conquest on Port Valdez, I thought we were gonna lose since our team was doing so bad. Surprised we came back and won. Also, I love shotguns now!
I always talk about Rush mode btw. I had it with conquest with the amount of teabagging yesterday :lol

Can you say stacked? I destroyed all 4 crates up to that point through D2.0 (one got me a 2.0 kill right as the guy looked out the window to shoot my UAV :lol) and jihad quad.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/101105645-4.jpg

Got two 2.0 kills today and three yesterday in one round. On Isla I was shooting the building with two guys on top with the BH minigun, didn't move. Then I shot down the MCOM building with the same minigun with a fool in it. Love it.

Wthermans

Banned
subversus said:
Don't know if it was posted yet but that's how you should do "a wookie"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_fuLvVocqw
That's a guy from another forum I post on. It's also the only way I play. OHKs to anything within ~15 meters (with Magnum Ammo of course) and 2HKs to anything else.

I used to run around COD1-W@W with an unscoped bolt action and MW with ACOG-Vention so it's pretty much my standard gameplay. The challenge is so much fun and there's nothing like taking out full squads using nothing but cover and dead accurate OHKs. :D :lol

Wthermans

Banned
On that note, does anyone else think it's kinda lame how you automatically give away your position if someone else dies close to you (or gets shot by a Sniper)? It seems stupid that if I'm perfectly silent and waiting in ambush, then the game forces my guy to call out if a random teammate dies. It's great for finding other enemies when you're clearing an area, but it's rather frustrating when you're on the receiving end of it because your team is dying all the time.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Oh my, I tried that setup on PC and it feels soooo good. You can often shoot from the hip with mouse precisionand it's a sure one-shot kill from middle and short distances. And you can use it on long distances too. Feels like a shot of adrenaline.

Played last night and went on a major wookie hunt. Just walking around the outskirts of the map plucking off recon after recon after recon. Then some of them were so dumb that they would respawn and go camp the exact same spot they were just at. Nothing is more satisfying then stabbing recons in the back when they have no clue you are there.

TheSeks

Shit, sorry, Faceless. The PS3 froze so I take it as a sign to get off it for a bit and grab some dinner.

I did learn two things.

1) That rock climb spot you used in Nelson Bay third set.

2) C4 + AT Mines cheese on a certain M-COM in the meatgrinder section of second set Atacama Rush.

And I also learned a stealth insertion approach to that section. I'm not going to make it public as I don't want people checking that route for me and my team.

I was trying to get you to spawn assault so I could throw out more motion mines and maybe get the public people to take the freaking hint that they were camping the crate. But alas...

Yea red dot M95 is pretty fun to use. I'm not as good as that guy though. Went on a bit of a no scoping spree a bit earlier and finally bronzed my M95.

TheSeks said:
That's amazing. But not everyone has sure-shooting skill + quick-scoping. So it's not too practical for anyone going "assault recon" to carry the M95 around like that.

Yeah, if I want to go assault recon I'd rather go with the G3 or the VSS, although using the M95 that way is a lot of fun.

TheSeks

Relaxed Muscle said:
Yeah, if I want to go assault recon I'd rather go with the G3 or the VSS, although using the M95 that way is a lot of fun.

G3's better than the VSS, IMO. But the VSS's issue is it spits out ammo and the ammo capacity for it to spit out that ammo is short. You have to rely on an assault to stick close enough to keep spitting out ammo for it (or did they buff it? I'm not sure). G3's all around better, and frankly I use the iron sights on all the guns (with the exception of sniper rifles) so having to slap a 4x/Red Dot sight on a gun and lose a slot one (more ammo, faster speed, more c4/rockets) is a disadvantage for me on A.Reconning with the G3.

TheSeks said:
G3's better than the VSS, IMO. But the VSS's issue is it spits out ammo and the ammo capacity for it to spit out that ammo is short. You have to rely on an assault to stick close enough to keep spitting out ammo for it (or did they buff it? I'm not sure). G3's all around better, and frankly I use the iron sights on all the guns (with the exception of sniper rifles) so having to slap a 4x/Red Dot sight on a gun and lose a slot one (more ammo, faster speed, more c4/rockets) is a disadvantage for me on A.Reconning with the G3.

Yeah, now I'm using more the G3, but I like the the ability of using the red dot with the VSS, I'm the contrary I don't like using iron sights, I can do if is necesary, but I think I do better with the red dot, also being able to spot more easily is always a nice thing.

Actually often I use the M24 with the standard scope when I want to be closer to the battles, instead of going full assault recon.

bishoptl said:
EA servers down? I'm trying to get in a game on 360, no luck. :\

umm....they were fine a few minutes ago, that sucks.

Might not play tonight. The weekend idiots got to me last night. 10 out of 12 attackers on my team just sat back at base, while Wes and I tried to at least get the M-COMs. 2 vs 12 not going to happen, we tried though.

TheSeks

bishoptl said:
Well, it's not Xbox Live, as I can see my friends list just fine. I'll try rebooting.

EA's servers will randomly fuck with me on connecting to the Bad Company 1 servers over PSN. I dunno what their issue is, but if you can't get on after rebooting the game try waiting 15-30 mins and then try again.

TheSeks said:
Extra ammo perk. Scope is fine for most shots and you can hip fire CQC. And you can still snipe with it. Probably does need lower optics with a controller though.

I think with the last patch they give you an extra clip, and an extra two with the ammo perk.

TheSeks said:
Shit, sorry, Faceless. The PS3 froze so I take it as a sign to get off it for a bit and grab some dinner.

I did learn two things.

1) That rock climb spot you used in Nelson Bay third set.

2) C4 + AT Mines cheese on a certain M-COM in the meatgrinder section of second set Atacama Rush.

And I also learned a stealth insertion approach to that section. I'm not going to make it public as I don't want people checking that route for me and my team.

I was trying to get you to spawn assault so I could throw out more motion mines and maybe get the public people to take the freaking hint that they were camping the crate. But alas...
what about RPGing that crate from that spot behind the trees? :p

TheSeks

what about RPGing that crate from that spot behind the trees? :p

That goes with 1). :p And a dude sniped me from where I was (a few feet from the right of you) when I was rocket sniping the crate. He sniped me from B I think. I know the second time he got me was from there. I dunno about the first. Genius and a good use of sniping as I didn't see him and was spotting/marking anyone near A for the team to take down.

Mr. Sandman said:
>>VSS benefits<<

I know about the VSS. I used it in Bad Company (where it spit ammo out slower than the BC2 variant last time I used it). It's a good gun, but it's pretty impractical to use when compared to the all-around G3 (and you can snipe with the G3. Only issue with the G3 sniping is the damage decrease from a distance that doesn't count on the snipers?).

iam220 said:
Wow I've never seen so many shitty players. Is this the norm on PSN?
No. I tried this setup and lasted about 10 seconds. In that entire 10 minute vid I think I only saw 2 guys even fire at him. For some reason people tend to fire at me, it's like they want to kill me or something. I'm not entirely certain yet what that guy's secret is but he seems to be invisible to everyone else in the game.

Mr Sandman said:
Extra ammo perk. Scope is fine for most shots and you can hip fire CQC. And you can still snipe with it. Probably does need lower optics with a controller though.

I think with the last patch they give you an extra clip, and an extra two with the ammo perk.
I tried the VSS (this is on PS3 BTW) a while back when trying to get bronze stars for everything and couldn't stand it; I found there was too much recoil to use the standard sights effectively, and if I put a red dot or 4X scope on then I was out of ammo in no time flat.

I just tried it again recently after a friend kept bugging me about it, and I can say that the dampened recoil for the VSS that they brought in with the 1.04 patch makes the world of difference. I'm now finding that it's my favourite sniper rifle setup (displacing the Type 88 Sniper with 4X scope and magnum ammo) when taken with the standard sights, extra ammo, and magnum ammo.

I'm a big fan of the AN-94 with 4X scope, and I found that the secret to using the VSS effectively was to fire it at about the same pace as I do the AN-94 (i.e. using taps as if it was semi-automatic rather than full auto). You have slightly more zoom on the VSS so I find I have to switch to my sidearm sooner than I do with the AN-94 for instance, but the upside is that you can also use it to countersnipe pretty well (where the faster rate of fire will often give you the edge over bolt action snipers).

Seks if you tried it pre-1.04 patch then definitely give it a try post-patch to see if you're more comfortable with the standard sights now.

TheSeks said:
That goes with 1). :p And a dude sniped me from where I was (a few feet from the right of you) when I was rocket sniping the crate. He sniped me from B I think. I know the second time he got me was from there. I dunno about the first. Genius and a good use of sniping as I didn't see him and was spotting/marking anyone near A for the team to take down.

I know about the VSS. I used it in Bad Company (where it spit ammo out slower than the BC2 variant last time I used it). It's a good gun, but it's pretty impractical to use when compared to the all-around G3 (and you can snipe with the G3. Only issue with the G3 sniping is the damage decrease from a distance that doesn't count on the snipers?).
I prefer the G3 as well, just a way of solving the ammo issue.
endlessflood said:
I haven't tried it post patch, but yeah the recoil/spread was crazy bad besides CQC where it's fine. Best treat it like a semi auto with the tap tap tap at med-far range.

Top Bottom