• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

bloodydrake said:
wouldn't it be easier to balance Rush by just disabling certain types of damage to the crates like c4 and mines? Or hell just make it so you can' t hurt them period must only detonate?(that might be going to far)

but ya my stats for Rush are a clone
attackers X6.6
defenders .5

Shrug.. I still prefer Conquest. Just wish the maps had more 4 flag bigger maps like panama
I think it'll be easier to balance by decreasing C4 damage on M-COMs by half or even double of that and make it not be attached to friendly vehicles (Damn you UAV C4). Landmines not damaging M-COMs will do.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
UFRA said:
There's actually a lot of threads, not just the MW2 one, which have a greater size than the old BC2 thread.
That's because BC2 is CLEARLY the superior game that deserves two threads.

BTW, has there been any movement on the SPECACT kits for the PC? I'll be getting my rig back at the end of next month...

doomed1 said:
That's because BC2 is CLEARLY the superior game that deserves two threads.

BTW, has there been any movement on the SPECACT kits for the PC? I'll be getting my rig back at the end of next month...

No idea, but there is a server you can play on that has the SPECACT kits, optics on G3+M14, and explosive shotgun rounds.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mr. Snrub said:
No idea, but there is a server you can play on that has the SPECACT kits, optics on G3+M14, and explosive shotgun rounds.
Its a DICE server?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Haha. That was awesome. Enemy stole our HIN-D, hovers it above the collapsed set A of second set in Conquest Port Valadez. RPG-7 them in the face as they try to take pot-shots at my cover. BOOM, destroyed. :lol

TheSeks said:
Haha. That was awesome. Enemy stole our HIN-D, hovers it above the collapsed set A of second set in Conquest Port Valadez. RPG-7 them in the face as they try to take pot-shots at my cover. BOOM, destroyed. :lol
:lol :lol :lol

that's awesome!

just now, i joined a game on Port Valdez, RU Team... game just started.. cool... 11 on 11, cool...

we cap A, we cap B as the choppers have their dogfight. i hop on the AA and help our pilot out. the enemy heli gets shot down. our team is already rolling into C as i come off the AA and start heading there. a jeep speeds up the hill and makes a hard turn at the fork and gets nailed by an engineer. by the time i get near C, it's already capped. i check the scoreboard... 11 on 11. i hop into a tank and drive up the hill and some others hop into a jeep and do the same. when we get up there, we see a heli appear on the landing pad and immediately get RPG'd!

8 of the people on the enemy team are on their helipad FIGHTING OVER WHO GETS TO FLY! :lol :lol :lol

base rape commences.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
:lol :lol :lol

that's awesome!

just now, i joined a game on Port Valdez, RU Team... game just started.. cool... 11 on 11, cool...

we cap A, we cap B as the choppers have their dogfight. i hop on the AA and help our pilot out. the enemy heli gets shot down. our team is already rolling into C as i come off the AA and start heading there. a jeep speeds up the hill and makes a hard turn at the fork and gets nailed by an engineer. by the time i get near C, it's already capped. i check the scoreboard... 11 on 11. i hop into a tank and drive up the hill and some others hop into a jeep and do the same. when we get up there, we see a heli appear on the landing pad and immediately get RPG'd!

8 of the people on the enemy team are on their helipad FIGHTING OVER WHO GETS TO FLY! :lol :lol :lol

base rape commences.

You gotta love when the enemy team bickers about flying. However, it isn't fun being the only person getting in a helicopter because you don't want the enemy team to take it.

Sorry, No_Style and Olimipia, but that's what happened. I kept spawning in our base to try to clear the enemies out but there was like five of them and so it was like (spawn, death, spawn, death, spawn, death).

So fucking frustrating. I hate helicopter conquest maps. I rather deal with tanks and infantry any day of the week over worrying about helicopter steals and helicopters in the air raining death down.

And yeah, that moment was in the same game as them. What made it awesome was it was the last RPG-7 shot I had in my ammo count. So I felt badass like taking down the HIN-D in Metal Gear Solid.

*Metal Gear Solid theme.mp3*
TheSeks <RPG-7> HelicopterPilot
TheSeks <RPG-7> HelicopterCoPilot
Double Kill +100

BADASS.

In other news: AKS-74U Gold Star 7 obtained. Now to get 300 more kills. *sigh* Which is hard when everyone and their mom uses Magnum Ammo. :(

TheSeks said:
You gotta love when the enemy team bickers about flying. However, it isn't fun being the only person getting in a helicopter because you don't want the enemy team to take it.

Sorry, No_Style and Olimipia, but that's what happened. I kept spawning in our base to try to clear the enemies out but there was like five of them and so it was like (spawn, death, spawn, death, spawn, death).

So fucking frustrating. I hate helicopter conquest maps. I rather deal with tanks and infantry any day of the week over worrying about helicopter steals and helicopters in the air raining death down.

And yeah, that moment was in the same game as them. What made it awesome was it was the last RPG-7 shot I had in my ammo count. So I felt badass like taking down the HIN-D in Metal Gear Solid.

Double Kill +100

BADASS.

In other news: AKS-74U Gold Star 7 obtained. Now to get 300 more kills. *sigh* Which is hard when everyone and their mom uses Magnum Ammo. :(
yeah, it doesn't matter how many times i do it, shooting down a flying chopper without lock-on always makes me giddy!

700 kills! nice! on a primary weapon, 500 kills with the G3 is my highest...

olimpia84

TheSeks said:

Double Kill +100

BADASS.

Is that what happened? You should have let them take the chopper, we were holding most of the flags and had a big ticket advantage anyways, besides they didn't really look like good pilots, at least from what I played.

We played some more Conquest, won all but one match and then decided to switch to Rush only to be reminded of how annoying C4 can be. At that point we all decided to quit and I went back to FIFA 2010 WC =/

Someone mentioned their idea for classes in BC3 a page or two ago. Here's what I'd like:

Medic: strip LMG and give GL-less ARs, like BF2, to prevent Rambo medic Jesus squads
Assault: Strip ammo, give 2 smoke grenades
Support: LMG and ammo boxes, LMGs can over heat
Engineer: Same
Recon: Same

If they must keep the 4 classes thing, make it like BF2142 with the assault and medic merged and give ammo box to support.

I'd also like to see all class weapons when using assault get a M79 grenade launcher "Thumper" that can use the shotgun/smoke ammo. Unlimited C4's fun but can be pretty cheap in Rush. :lol

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
Is that what happened? You should have let them take the chopper, we were holding most of the flags and had a big ticket advantage anyways, besides they didn't really look like good pilots, at least from what I played.

I guess. But I was like "I'll be damned if I'm going to let them sit in our base."
(Spawn)
BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM for five different directions
(Death)

Rinse repeat. I think two others (non-GAF) on our team tried to spawn and help me out, we did clear them out eventually but they would just rush back to our base and retake the helicopter. *sigh*

Mr Sandman said:
Someone mentioned their idea for classes in BC3 a page or two ago. Here's what I'd like:

With the exception of ammo respawn, classes were like that in BC1. And frankly, most of the classes (noteable: C4/Support) WERE USELESS in the big picture other than on a couple of maps/situations.

I'm frankly glad they did away with the six classes and streamlined the classes/support roles. Engineer does what support/medic did in Bad Company 1 for vehicles and does the destroyer/shotgun only classes role of tank destroying in BC2. Medic does Support/LMG support with the health packs not having to be ran over to heal (good thing, because man throwing out packs at a running away dude was annoying).

Medic's artillery strike went to Recons (as did supports C4, but you can't have both of those equipped at the same time so it's more "choose your role")

But yeah, they did that on consoles before and frankly (IMO) it doesn't work too well.

Which reminds me: I need to get back into BC1. I have like 2K of the 10K2 trophy done. But the wildly inaccurate damage rates (I can shoot a person 4 times with a M60 and kill them and then shoot another dude and take 8 rounds to kill them only to die because the M60 isn't fast enough [exaggeration but you get the point]) really piss me off in that outing compared to some of the shit I've seen in it. :lol

TheSeks said:
I guess. But I was like "I'll be damned if I'm going to let them sit in our base."
(Spawn)
BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM for five different directions
(Death)

Rinse repeat. I think two others (non-GAF) on our team tried to spawn and help me out, we did clear them out eventually but they would just rush back to our base and retake the helicopter. *sigh*

With the exception of ammo respawn, classes were like that in BC1. And frankly, most of the classes (noteable: C4/Support) WERE USELESS in the big picture other than on a couple of maps/situations.

I'm frankly glad they did away with the six classes and streamlined the classes/support roles. Engineer does what support/medic did in Bad Company 1 for vehicles and does the destroyer/shotgun only classes role of tank destroying in BC2. Medic does Support/LMG support with the health packs not having to be ran over to heal (good thing, because man throwing out packs at a running away dude was annoying).

Medic's artillery strike went to Recons (as did supports C4, but you can't have both of those equipped at the same time so it's more "choose your role")

But yeah, they did that on consoles before and frankly (IMO) it doesn't work too well.

Which reminds me: I need to get back into BC1. I have like 2K of the 10K2 trophy done. But the wildly inaccurate damage rates (I can shoot a person 4 times with a M60 and kill them and then shoot another dude and take 8 rounds to kill them only to die because the M60 isn't fast enough [exaggeration but you get the point]) really piss me off in that outing compared to some of the shit I've seen in it. :lol
It's been a while since I played BC1, but didn't support have both ammo and health? At the time I thought BC1's classes were pretty lame, while not perfect BC2's are great (unless I am imagining things and they aren't much different). It's been about a year since I played BC1 so.

Also, my idea only adds one more class (5). So it's pretty streamlined still.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
After much thought and deliberation (maybe a couple of 20k games) it's pretty clear to me now that either, C4s need to nerfed, M-COMS need more health, or allow the defense to repair the M-COMS. Assault is basically 100% win now for me.

Pankaks said:
After much thought and deliberation (maybe a couple of 20k games) it's pretty clear to me now that either, C4s need to nerfed, M-COMS need more health, or allow the defense to repair the M-COMS. Assault is basically 100% win now for me.
Agreed. I'm all for destroying MCOMs using explosives, but give the defenders a break. At least it's not as bad as the beta where one jihad quad could blow it up.

Mr Sandman said:
It's been a while since I played BC1, but didn't support have both ammo and health? At the time I thought BC1's classes were pretty lame, while not perfect BC2's are great (unless I am imagining things and they aren't much different). It's been about a year since I played BC1 so.

nobody had ammo boxes, ammo was in crates at the base.

and they aren't that much different. assault is practically the same. recon has C4 or Mortar instead of the laser guided win-bomb. medic is support minus the repair tool plus defibs. engineer is demolitions with an SMG and a repair tool.

Pankaks said:
or people need to guard the crates...

TheSeks

Mr Sandman said:

No. In Bad Company 1 Assaults had the auto-health injector (no need to call for a support/medic, which was nice but it had a cool down so you can't keep stabbing yourself and thus are screwed if you stab yourself at the wrong time + takes a while to get back to 100 if in heavy combat).

Support didn't have ammo. They had health kits. BC1 had set points in the camps (attacks starting spawn, defending camps there on) that were ammo depots for everyone. It was a hassle to have to run back (and get killed in the process) because you ran out of ammo.

Support's C4's don't take down M-COMs (much to Faceless' dismay), however at the same time you can't PLINK PLINK PLINK EXPLODE! You have to PLINK "Okay, I want to set another/Square/X on 360" PLINK "Okay, I want to..." etc. etc. etc... BOOM! Which doesn't make them good for anything other than infiltration and misdirection. I feel C4 multi-class and C4 recon is much better done on BC2 as you can rush a tank lay two on and then blow it. You could only barely damage a tank in BC1 because of that stupid "ready" bit.

My major problem with this is that it restricts certain guns (like the shotgun) to certain classes. Tank demolition in BC1 was horrible as you had a luck-of-the-Irish/luck-of-a-Vegas-Hooker-if-her-John-doesn't-pay-her-before-her-Pimp-comes-back shotgun and thus were screwed HUGELY out in the open. You basically had to stay in buildings and fire RPGs out windows. Only to have a tank retaliate on your building (thankfully not able to collapse it, but yeah...) and hope that you could kill the enemy running up the stairs for you.

Which...

9/10 of the time...

you couldn't. :lol

instead of the laser guided win-bomb.

Seriously? Seriously have we played with the same guided bomb? Anyone with common sense was going to drive that tank the hell away and zig-zag/shake the missile. I was fucking lucky if I could hit anything with that missile. I'm glad it's gone. win-bomb, seriously?

!?!?

in BC1, 8 C4 = dead crate. as long as they aren't attached to a vehicle anyway...

or 5 C4, 5 grenades and like 3/4 from a UMP banana clip. 8 RPG's too. and 8 AT Mines before the nerf.

and the bradley killed crates hilariously fast if you made sure to keep the cooldown timer in check. none of that 6 shot burst BS!

yeah, win bomb. half the time, they didn't know i was dropping it on them anyway, since i locked onto something else.

TheSeks

!?!?

in BC1, 8 C4 = dead crate. as long as they aren't attached to a vehicle anyway...

or 5 C4, 5 grenades and like 3/4 from a UMP banana clip. 8 RPG's too. and 8 AT Mines before the nerf.

and the bradley killed crates hilariously fast if you made sure to keep the cooldown timer in check. none of that 6 shot burst BS!

Well yeah. But the problem was a) getting close and b) setting the C4 if the defenders were smart and regularly checked their M-COM/holes.

It's crazy hard to C4 a crate/M-COM in BC1 with the support class. But maybe that's just me and I suck at speed-C4'ing with that stupid ready animation. I prefer BC2's L1/LT, L1/LT, L1/LT, R1/RT (BOOM) to the slow process and possibly getting caught.

yeah, win bomb. half the time, they didn't know i was dropping it on them anyway, since i locked onto something else.

OOOOOH. I've been doing it wrong all this time then. I put the binos on the tank that's coming toward us and they freak the hell out and throw me off. Too bad generally there are no tanks grouped together in any of the BC1 rounds I've played to make this tactic of yours useful. :( The missile (last time I played) has a limited range from where it's called so while you can move it pretty far it doesn't have a good "range" (so to speak) on taking down someone else if they're across the map. :/

And yeah, the bradley in BC1 is Spiderman3"SoGood".gif, I abuse the hell out of that over the tanks and can generally take down all comers because there isn't a reload process in it compared to BC2's. :lol

it's not that it's hard to C4 crates in BC1, it's just that BC2 made is super easy. there's a certain rhythm to pressing X/[], then RT/R1 and not blowing yourself up.

smart defenders regularly checking their crates... :lol :lol :lol if that happened with any real frequency in BC1 or BC2 i'd be out of business! if people were really smart in BC1, they'd do what i do on defense when people get sneaky, always have sensors out.

it doesn't have to be another enemy tank, although that's always a great way to do things, especially on Harvest Day, Oasis and End Of The Line. locking on to an empty MG in your base or their base or an empty vehicle works fine too, as long as it's close enough to veer into their tank.

i actually played some BC1 today, i saw Relaxed Muscle playing and joined in... 3 games later, there was 1 guy left on the other team!

lol

Yeah like I said it's been a long time since I played it. Oh and I didn't play it a lot because of the stupid damage model.

TheSeks

it's not that it's hard to C4 crates in BC1, it's just that BC2 made is super easy. there's a certain rhythm to pressing X/[], then RT/R1 and not blowing yourself up.

smart defenders regularly checking their crates... :lol :lol :lol if that happened with any real frequency in BC1 or BC2 i'd be out of business! if people were really smart in BC1, they'd do what i do on defense when people get sneaky, always have sensors out.

it doesn't have to be another enemy tank, although that's always a great way to do things, especially on Harvest Day, Oasis and End Of The Line. locking on to an empty MG in your base or their base or an empty vehicle works fine too, as long as it's close enough to veer into their tank.

i actually played some BC1 today, i saw Relaxed Muscle playing and joined in... 3 games later, there was 1 guy left on the other team!

I guess "Smart Defenders" should be "Defenders that camp their crates" like I generally do on defense. :lol

Never knew you could lock onto unattended vehicles. Assumed you couldn't. More you know!

And that's because when people see you get on, they run out of the room screaming. You can your C4... :lol

Mr Sandman said:
lol

Yeah like I said it's been a long time since I played it. Oh and I didn't play it a lot because of the stupid damage model.
and i just played today (and twice this week), so i have the unusual advantage of a fresh experience with a 2 year old game.

the damage model didn't bother me as much as many since i played mostly Specialist, Demolitions and Recon, and i wasn't really trying to kill *people* with Specialist... :D

TheSeks said:
I guess "Smart Defenders" should be "Defenders that camp their crates" like I generally do on defense. :lol

Never knew you could lock onto unattended vehicles. Assumed you couldn't. More you know!

And that's because when people see you get on, they run out of the room screaming. You can your C4... :lol
yeah, depending on the map, i camp crates like crazy. one thing that changed about BC2 was D2.0... in BC1, some crate buildings, i would expose them on defense so people had a harder time sneaking up, but in BC2, that would be helping them collapse...

and i didn't even use C4, just RPG's and the Bradley! defense on Valley Run was hilarious too, they didn't even take a crate. mines were out in my usual spots and the tricksy drivers that went around the usual routes got RPG'd.

Razor210

loling at those who believe they can win by UAV C4ing crates

It just means there's someone who watches the attacker's UAV 24/7.

DiabolicalBagel and I just met up on PC BFBC2 and started off pretty badly, we were both lagging and my mic/voip on my end kept failing. But then after I rebooted my PC and came back in to join him on a server...

[BEST GAME EVER]
(click for Full Resolution)

I felt so alive again, we won that round, after losing the first (after bringing them down from 160 to about 25 before we lost lol). Best Conquest game ever, perfect ebb and flow.

-UMP
-AT4
-Explosives Damage+
-Rocket Ammo+

Also, found this Amazing Attack Chopper Montage.

Just had an amazing round on Atacama desert rush. Yet my squad still lost as defenders. The other team won by using constant mortar and UAV missile strikes. Cowards. Arm those charges like men. *shakes fist*

Edit - Ok whats up with this dumbass matchmaking. In 3 hours I got to play Atacama desert Attack rush once.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I don't know why this felt so cool but last night on Isla Inocentes I saw one of our engineers stranded out on a rock under sniper fire. I swooped in low over the waterline in the Blackhawk and hovered just over the rock to let him hop in and ferry him back to land. It sounds so simple but for whatever reason I just felt so bad ass. Only thing that would have made it perfect was if Gimmie Shelter was playing in the background.

Borgnine said:
I don't know why this felt so cool but last night on Isla Inocentes I saw one of our engineers stranded out on a rock under sniper fire. I swooped in low over the waterline in the Blackhawk and hovered just over the rock to let him hop in and ferry him back to land. It sounds so simple but for whatever reason I just felt so bad ass. Only thing that would have made it perfect was if Gimmie Shelter was playing in the background.
:D Those extractions are always awesome to pull off. In the demo we were pushed back to the final base and one of my friends was stuck in the construction building so I hop in the blackhawk and tell him to get to the roof. He's getting shot at and runs to the top as I fly in and pull next to the top of the building. As he gets in one dude comes up to the top and starts unloading put I pull away just in time before I get killed and fly to safety.:D

Cuban Legend said:
DiabolicalBagel and I just met up on PC BFBC2 and started off pretty badly, we were both lagging and my mic/voip on my end kept failing. But then after I rebooted my PC and came back in to join him on a server...

[BEST GAME EVER]

I felt so alive again, we won that round, after losing the first (after bringing them down from 160 to about 25 before we lost lol). Best Conquest game ever, perfect ebb and flow.
Agreed. Might not have done so well on the slayer side of things but damnit if we didn't kill a thousand tanks and spend all but 2 seconds of the game in capture points.
Joined in at 70-160, round ended at 0-23. We sure clawed that game back.
No one was camping in the game at all and the capture points would shift every 5-10 seconds. Such an intense game.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
UFRA said:
What the hell? I guess everyone on XBL snipes.

sometimes its demoralizing..this was funny..wait till everyone on your squad is doing it in conquest and none are even trying to help hold flags...great fun LOL

Desert combats sniper and rocket launcher as an item you picked up on the map was awesome way to not allow to many snipers on a map.I gotta reinstall that for shits and giggles

UFRA said:
What the hell? I guess everyone on XBL snipes.
some games are like that, some are medic trains, some are carl parties and some are an-94 festivals.. and many games are also pretty balanced class-wise, but you're more like to see extra wookies than any other class...

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So if I bought it through EA's own download service I don't even get a weekend?

TheSeks

So, what is this announcement of announcements Faceless? :D

TheSeks

the announcement of announcements is announced, but the announcement will be announced in the near future.

:lol Oh come on, just admit it. You're buying a PS3 Slim and coming back to us. :D :lol

Irish

I expect to see Faceless on PSN next week. No, I demand it.

Anyway, I am really curious to see what all has changed since the first patch came out. It's been a long time since I've played. Plus, Trizzy seems to have been playing it all by his lonesome.

olimpia84

Most annoying day ever. My connection kept dropping after 10 or 15 minutes. It's a DNS server problem that I never had before and it's driving me nuts; hopefully it will go away by itself.

subversus said:

My favorite part about Wookies is that most of them are too stupid to actually move when they shoot you. They have some odd ball thing in their head that you aren't going to come after them once the kill cam gives away their location.

Snipers are probably the dumbest of the bunch. I'd say that out of all the snipers I encounter only 20% of them are actually good at it.

TheSeks

I generally don't move if no one is shooting at me. Bad, I know. But generally someone will kill the people unless they are able to slip by. It's only when I'm shot at (and they don't get a headshot) that I start to book it.

Basically, if I'm in cover and they can't hit me too well. I rather stick around and take a few people out with me.

I'm a terrible sniper but I still resist the urge to just stay put when I have a good spot. I move after every kill, usually rotating between 3 relatively close spots. I had a nice streak going on Atacama conquest, moving after every kill but as it turns out I didn't really have to since no one came to hunt me down.

The worst is when you're in a squad. I spent a good deal of time trying to get into a sniper spot at Laguna Alta that I saw on youtube. Once I finally succeeded, feeling pretty good about myself, I decided to savor it for a while by just spotting and mortaring but as it turned out that was cut short cause my dumb assault teammate spawned on me which would have been fine if he left an ammo box and gtfo but he sat there right fucking next to me and started firing giving away my position.

bean breath said:
I'm a terrible sniper but I still resist the urge to just stay put when I have a good spot. I move after every kill, usually rotating between 3 relatively close spots. I had a nice streak going on Atacama conquest, moving after every kill but as it turns out I didn't really have to since no one came to hunt me down.

The worst is when you're in a squad. I spent a good deal of time trying to get into a sniper spot at Laguna Alta that I saw on youtube. Once I finally succeeded, feeling pretty good about myself, I decided to savor it for a while by just spotting and mortaring but as it turned out that was cut short cause my dumb assault teammate spawned on me which would have been fine if he left an ammo box and gtfo but he sat there right fucking next to me and started firing giving away my position.
train tracks?

Top Bottom