• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion Thread

Anybody else experience bouts of hit detection lag? Example: I would shoot someone with a shotgun at close range and I would see the hit 'x' but I would die, then a second later, the person I shot would die.

Once I realized what was going on, it seemed to happen on a fairly regular basis.

Wil348

So, I played the beta last week and while Hotwire was a lot of fun, I don't think that I will buy the game just for that, at least not at full price. BF4 will still suffice until Star Wars Battlefront for me. :)

Anybody else experience bouts of hit detection lag? Example: I would shoot someone with a shotgun at close range and I would see the hit 'x' but I would die, then a second later, the person I shot would die.

Once I realized what was going on, it seemed to happen on a fairly regular basis.

I had a lot of lag last night, compared to the other days I played, but didn't seem to have many hit detection issues (that I noticed).

DOWN

Banned
Heist was definitely the best. Although I suspect that had a lot to do with the fantastic map. I hope other heist maps are equally as good, and not just re-purposed CQ maps.

I'm also really interested in playing other modes on Downtown. That map was extremely intricate, and seemed wasted on Hotwire.

Downtown was in the original beta with other modes. Nothing beats heist at the bank, imo.

Absolutely and in special against helicopter. 3 shoots and you are dead. You can't fly in the map with a sniper with magnum rounds. Is a joke. I hope in the final game they fix that.

Yup, that's more or less what I was referring to, although the 1HK at just about any distance it grants is ridiculous.

We had a guy in our chopper, repairing it, and he couldn't keep up with how quickly the sniper could fire. Two snipers with magnum ammo could dominate the sky, from the ground.

EDIT: Finally, dickshot animations!

Ugh. Are they exclusive exclusive, or timed/unlock exclusive?

EDIT: I don't know that they're actually "exclusive". Pretty sure I saw someone in the Beta playing with the ACW-R.

Cant make a thread myself. So post it here, The install size of Hardline on Xbox One is 45gb. :)

https://twitter.com/BkLiveWire/status/568599665219735552?lang=nl

That seems bigger than BF4 on the X1.

Ugh. Are they exclusive exclusive, or timed/unlock exclusive?

EDIT: I don't know that they're actually "exclusive". Pretty sure I saw someone in the Beta playing with the ACW-R.

Hopefully, they're timed. It would be silly otherwise.

Kabuto

B-OPR-IIQAIpO6O.jpg:large

1250 Kills to unlock guns for both sides. My biggest gripe in the beta is 4x worse in Retail :///

Tubie

1250 isn't so bad. There's a lot less weapons in this game than BF4 so you will get there naturally using your favorite weapon.

Hardline Charges $10 for Battlefield 4 Guns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urqy-x4UqsU

So don't buy the Deluxe Edition. Got it.
B-OPR-IIQAIpO6O.jpg:large

1250 Kills to unlock guns for both sides. My biggest gripe in the beta is 4x worse in Retail :///
Yeah if that's per weapon class or whatever, then that's...not great. It's weird that they're still doing stuff like that when they have the cash system, which is a step in the right direction. In theory you can unlock whatever you want for whichever class as long as you've got the cash, which you amass by doing whatever you get cash/points for. But then in practice they go and slap all these annoying secondary restrictions on a bunch of stuff.

If I'm using a weapon, grind it, unlock the attachments I want, and then I unlock a new weapon, where I have to start the grind over to unlock the attachments I want...I don't want to do that. In BF4 I practically never changed weapons, because it's such a stupid tedious hassle to make it not worse than the weapon I'm already using.

This idea they have of this sort of shitty design being good is probably the worst thing about modern Battlefield.

Top Bottom