• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront Classic Collection only supports 200 players online total (sold 10,000 copies so far)

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
10,000 people playing on launch night.-Only has 3 servers that have 64 slots for a total of ~200 players.

I can't work out what this means - do they have server capacity for 10,000 across multiple game types... ...or do they have over 9000 people waiting for one of just 192 slots to become available..?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Absolute utter incompetence.

These are the things that are hurting this industry. Does anyone have the original game size, for comparison?

The player limit is a joke.
MxYEMeH.png
\

I can't work out what this means - do they have server capacity for 10,000 across multiple game types... ...or do they have over 9000 people waiting for one of just 192 slots to become available..?

They have 10,000 people waiting for 192 slots to become available.

Last edited:

Osaka_Boss

Vivdly remember when they got a New glitch on one of the last pod racer tracks.discovered It on the week the remaster was released

When you dropped from a platform to an área below, depending on How you Fell, your pod insta exploded bc the poligonal structure in the remaster would clip below the track, and this triggered the explosivo.

I got a clip of that and sent It to aspyr. Guess what? They never answered, and they never fixed that

Last edited:

darrylgorn

Wait, so they didn't implement crossplay in the one game that actually made sense for it, and then limit that game to allow 200 players online total? And this remaster of an old game costs the same as a AAA game and is a 64 GB install?

finvves.gif

This is a monumental fuck up. Holy shit. Like do they not realise how popular these games were back in the day? And they release it with 3 fucking servers? For a classic multiplayer game as big as this? Actually braindead.

Naked Lunch

Yall aint heard?
Servers are expensive to run and shit.

If they actually, seriously, launched this game with 200 player max servers - how long do you think the servers for this game are going to last, period?

LordCBH

They fuck up almost every time. Jedi Knight 2 on Switch was fucked due to absolutely no quality of life improvements. No aim assist meant that it was unreasonably difficult to hit enemies.

So that was why that game on the switch felt like ass to me? I gave up on that one like an hour in.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
That's the funniest shit ever.

When the publisher shits on a beloved franchise of your past.
I mean, I don't think nobody asked for this, specially not new players.
Is this a move so people can now say "the modern battlefront 2 is the best value now"?

Top Bottom