• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront Classic Collection only supports 200 players online total (sold 10,000 copies so far)

phant0m

My gamestop membership allows me to return physical games, opened within a 7 day period for an exchange. Not all retailers do this but I take advantage of this one for these broken ass games.

That’s good to know. Is that universal at gameslop or do you have to pay for the Pro membership?

Killer8

Steam were good enough to give me a refund even though it had been more than 2 weeks. I just added a link to a news story about the shit launch of the game. I had pre-ordered it due to the discount if you owned the originals.

Aspyr did a great job with the recent Tomb Raider remaster so this was so disappointing.

Sushi_Combo

That’s good to know. Is that universal at gameslop or do you have to pay for the Pro membership?
This one is for GameStop Canada, not sure if the memberships are the same elsewhere.

You do have to pay for the 7 day period, I believe you need to buy X amount of games in order to maintain that tier. But the Free tier still includes 2 full days where you can return it.

6yKGjts.png

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Update 1 available on steam, currently in cert process for consoles so not live yet. Update 2 is already in progress too on their end. Lots of fixes in update 1:

(Example.....battlefront 1 loading screen audio, invert control option)

Patch 1

Last edited:

tkscz

Talking for the Switch version, when you're in a game it works if a little glitchy with random flickering, camera losing it's damned mind when not in first person and bits of lag forcing in bots.

That said, this game is currently outselling Super Mario Wonder on the eShop, it's the top download only game and yet 99% of the servers are 0/64 in both games. So the lack of server issue is still there and making it hard to go back to the game.

phant0m

I briefly hopped in after the patch on PC, and the online still felt stuttering and messy. So, I just hopped out and figured I'd wait some more before trying it again.
Yeah I’m gonna refund. Happy to pick it back up in a few months if it’s better but tbh I’m not hopeful.

I swear these releases are just throwing assets into an AI upscaler and calling it a day.

MiguelItUp

Such a shame man. If any game deserved TLC it was this one.
It really is. No kidding.
Yeah I’m gonna refund. Happy to pick it back up in a few months if it’s better but tbh I’m not hopeful.

I swear these releases are just throwing assets into an AI upscaler and calling it a day.
Smart thing to do if you're able for sure.

I made the mistake of getting it on Green Man Gaming, so I'm stuck with it. Just a harsh reminder that you gotta keep your hype in check and hold back on preordering. Unless you know for sure it's going to be enjoyable for you and at least fully functional. It's so fucking stupid that we're having to deal with shit like this these days, and the fact that it's happened so much too.

Sybrix

Wtf is with this dev?

No update since 14th March?!

Any roadmap for fixes and updates?

This is game over in the next few weeks

Wtf is with this dev?

No update since 14th March?!

Any roadmap for fixes and updates?

This is game over in the next few weeks
It's Aspyr. Frankly I'm surprised there were 10,000 people crazy enough to give them money near launch. I might buy once it hits $10 so I can play on a handheld PC.

Top Bottom