• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront Classic Collection only supports 200 players online total (sold 10,000 copies so far)

Nvzman

It is not needed if your are not a bad player.

You used a clip of some guy absolutely sweating his balls off in a shitty game as some evidence AA is not needed?
Most console players don't want to take the thousands of hours of time to even play like that, and I don't blame them, it shouldn't be necessary. Some AA is fine, when you play most console shooters you are looking to kick back and chill out, not go full g-fuel snorting MLG level sweatlord.
For some games like Rainbow Six, a more serious, slower, tactical game, no aim assist makes sense. For a casual shooter like Battlefront, Halo, or CoD? Fuck no. They are designed to be enjoyed casually.

Also it's you're.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Aiming is not equal in all games.

Ironically the game you posted a video of (i.e. a modern shooter), has more advanced aiming settings than a 20 year old Xbox game.
If the aiming sucks on a game, they should be patched to not suck anymore, not give assist to fool the player.

They are designed to be enjoyed casually.
No they are not. And ironic you call CoD with zero assist shitty while Halo feeling good with 2 assists fooling the player.

And it is you are.

Last edited:
63GB install what the fuck lmaooooooo
IMG_6063.jpg
Damn, is this real?
It's 25gb on PS5 lol and I thought that was a lot

Bry0

If the aiming sucks on a game, they should be patched to not suck anymore, not give assist to fool the player.

Not they are not. And ironic you call CoD with zero assist shitty while Halo feeling good with 2 assists fooling the player.

And it is you are.
neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

tkscz

Got people on facebook arguing with me over buying the game in it's current state. That people should buy it and wait until it gets fixed. This is where we've gotten, buy alpha builds until they are finished.

Fuck, got it on Switch when it was announced. It's two games from 2003/05, I couldn't see a way for them to fuck it up. I haven't played it at all yet, but getting a refund out of Nintendo is like pulling healthy teeth from a grown man with your bare hands.

I refunded with Nintendo chat online, they didn't give a hassle but this is the first time I've asked for an eShop refund ever.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Since the internet came about, you can read reviews right away. and then when video feeds like YT came out, you can even watch gameplay videos. No need for blindly buying games, waiting for magazine reviews two months later or hoping your local video store has a copy to rent.

Just be patient and ignore that preorder button. You arent buying a house off a floorplan or concert tickets. There's only so many houses in the development plan and so many seats at an arena. Digital games are unlimited quantity.

Why gamers still preorder or blindly buy day one, who knows. Most games dont even give preorder incentives, and if they do it's some garbage mtx points, weapon skins or other junk.

Mobilemofo

Every number in that tweet is an incredible blunder. I'm still in shock.
Breathtaking moronicity on a level not seen since Steve balmer had a mental breakdown on stage.

Like I always say, keep your bar incredibly low, that way, even turds can surprise you. 😅

Last edited:

Nvzman

Not they are not. And ironic you call CoD with zero assist shitty while Halo feeling good with 2 assists fooling the player.

And it is you are.
Lmfao cod is a casual shooter. If you really want to die on that hill I'm not even going to bother.
The fact that you consider AA as "fooling" the player like every movement is some test of skill is some high-tier delusion.

Got people on facebook arguing with me over buying the game in it's current state. That people should buy it and wait until it gets fixed. This is where we've gotten, buy alpha builds until they are finished.

The best way nowadays is to wait a year to buy new games I think. Then you either buy a discounted game with patches or a game of the year edition with all the patches and extra content.

Mobilemofo

The best way nowadays is to wait a year to buy new games I think. Then you either buy a discounted game with patches or a game of the year edition with all the patches and extra content.
How I roll nowadays. We've been in the "fuck it, patch it inabit" generation for a while, hence why I've decided not to buy day one and wait at least six months before diving in.

Sojiro

I assume you don't use gyro assist. But even without it, what's the point on playing a shooter with aim assist? Brag about the assist skill helping you?
As long as the playing field is even and it's off for everyone AA should be off imo, especially if gyro is available. Gyro is huge for controllers, and works really damn good for precision aiming (I play a lot of Splatoon and will always push for more gyro support), but people have gotten used to AA basically aiming for you. Its honestly crazy how much "assisting" some of these games are doing for you in them.

On topic, are you fucking kidding me? This was a slam dunk, and it's amazing Aspyr fucked this up this badly. I really hope they fix the servers issues because I would still love to play it, but not until they get this shit ironed out.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

You used a clip of some guy absolutely sweating his balls off in a shitty game as some evidence AA is not needed?
Most console players don't want to take the thousands of hours of time to even play like that, and I don't blame them, it shouldn't be necessary. Some AA is fine, when you play most console shooters you are looking to kick back and chill out, not go full g-fuel snorting MLG level sweatlord.
For some games like Rainbow Six, a more serious, slower, tactical game, no aim assist makes sense. For a casual shooter like Battlefront, Halo, or CoD? Fuck no. They are designed to be enjoyed casually.

Also it's you're.
What nonsense is this? Lol

You can play FPS on console casually without aim assist.
I always turn that shit off straight away, before even getting into a match for any MP game.

Last edited:

Nvzman

What nonsense is this? Lol

You can play FPS on console casually without aim assist.
I always turn that shit off straight away, before even getting into a match for any MP game.
Did I ever say you couldn't?
I said it's DESIGNED for casual play, and whether you agree or not, the vast majority of people will end up preferring it, because playing on a controller without aim assist feels incredibly clunky and imprecise. I've done both, and without AA it feels awful. Sure I can hit shots, but using two sticks just isnt accurate and doesn't control well, at that point there's literally no reason not to use a M+KB.
This is exactly why Halo was unanimously praised back in the day for how it felt playing on a controller. Same for why CoD became so immensely popular. The aim assist in those games were fine tuned to a point where it actually made the game feel precise without feeling floaty or awkward like a lot of shooters that came before it.
The thing is too, is that games like the newer cod games use an overly-strong AA that a lot of people complain about, not because of it being OP or anything, but rather because of how much it screws with sensitivity and it just doesn't feel that good.

Last edited:

Mowcno

Can't they make these where I can run my own server or direct IP?
You can run your own server, and they have a lot more than 200 players worth of Aspyr run servers on PlayStation.

As of a few minutes ago I counted 28 aspyr-run dedicated servers for BF2 on playstation in the server browser.

Last edited:
The thing that pisses me off is that it shouldn't be like this. Games should just fucking work on arrival. Fucking pisses me RIGHT off.
How I roll nowadays. We've been in the "fuck it, patch it inabit" generation for a while, hence why I've decided not to buy day one and wait at least six months before diving in.

Mobilemofo

The thing that pisses me off is that it shouldn't be like this. Games should just fucking work on arrival. Fucking pisses me RIGHT off.
Aye. It was inevitable tho. If you look back, and go from the SNES, to the ps1, that was the start. Everything on a cartridge, then broken up for the cd gen. Hardware has evolved to pc equivalents. Industry is in a mess. It particularly hurts when you see how it's evolved. Greedy cunts dipping the industry for maximum greed.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It should. Clarification: It should work on arrival.

But digital mediums have the benefit of patches they can unload, and pending the e-store, refunds can be hit and miss. Also, any disc sales youre shit out of luck of a refund unless the store gives in. A bad disc is just replaced with another copy of the same shitty game.

So software makers they already have the upperhand.

On the other hand, notice how just about everything else you buy in life is decent in quality? Some stuff better than others, but chances are pretty good it works. The cant afford to release a shit product because all a customer will do is refund it and get back their money, or a car maker (no refunds) will spend tons of money on warranty fixes. And for any refunded physical product, it's big costs because chances are good the manufacturer will get it back from the store and tossed in the garbage for a loss on COGs. With digital, even if there are tons of refunds, its not as big of a deal because there is no physical cost loss to it.

But digital is different. They can always do a tweet saying a patch will come in two weeks so hold tight and hope gamers stick around and dont request a refund from an e-store.

Last edited:
It should.

But digital mediums have the benefit of patches they can unload, and pending the e-store, refunds can be hit and miss. Also, any disc sales youre shit out of luck of a refund unless the store gives in. A bad disc is just replaced with another copy of the same shitty game.

So software makers they already have the upperhand.

On the other hand, notice how just about everything else you buy in life is decent in quality? Some stuff better than others, but chances are pretty good it works. The cant afford to release a shit product because all a customer will do is refund it and get back their money, or a car maker (no refunds) will spend tons of money on warranty fixes. And for any refunded physical product, it's big costs because chances are good the manufacturer will get it back from the store and tossed in the garbage for a loss on COGs. With digital, even if there are tons of refunds, its not as big of a deal because there is no physical cost loss to it.

But digital is different. They can always do a tweet saying a patch will come in two weeks so hold tight and hope gamers stick around and dont request a refund from an e-store.
Nah, it shouldn't. Sorry. Games should work on launch.

Zadom

Playing on PS5 and enjoying it. Played a few multiplayer rounds this morning and seemed fine. I never got to play these games when they came out so am enjoying the chance to play them.

Got to say though, I’ve never been a person who notices ai team mates or opponents but the ai in this game is not good. Probably the same as when game came out but wished they could have added modern ai. Watching a team mate running towards the edge of the map the opposite direction of the enemy confused me.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is saying a 17GB patch went up this afternoon......can anyone confirm?
This went up sometime overnight, it’s the one that breaks inverted among other things. Whether you’re on 1.00 or 1.02 they both have issues, different issues though.

Last edited:

tkscz

Is this only for the pc version? Or Switch/Xbox/Playstation too?
All consoles too (I have the switch version). The camera issue happens whenever it's not in first person. Camera loses it's damned mind. Still no big connection issues, but I did notice there aren't a lot of servers

cjp

This went up sometime overnight, it’s the one that breaks inverted among other things. Whether you’re on 1.00 or 1.02 they both have issues, different issues though.

There is also a 1.01 which my PS5 copy is with no further available update for me. I did the preload and that update completed this morning.

Top Bottom