• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront Classic Collection only supports 200 players online total (sold 10,000 copies so far)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

We'd like to thank the Battlefront community for their overwhelming support and feedback for the STAR WARS™ Battlefront Classic Collection release.

At launch, we experienced critical errors with our network infrastructure. The result was incredibly high ping, matchmaking errors, crashes, and servers not appearing in the browser.

Since launch, we've been working to address these issues and increase network stability, and we will continue our efforts until our network infrastructure is stabilized to prevent further outages.

Please continue to report bugs, errors, or unexpected behaviors to our support team via our Request Form

The Aspyr Team

Last edited:

And there it is.

Add it to the list!

TOqP9WY.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dear {Name},

We wanted to reach out again, in writing, to apologize for {incident}. We are still wrapping our head around this huge lapse in judgment on our part. We are deeply ashamed and embarrassed.

One thing we know for sure is that this will never, ever happen again. We’ve reflected on {action}, and we now realize that {proper behavior}.

We don't expect you to see past this incident, but we wanted to at least let you know that there is no chance of us doing something like this in the future.

Sincerely,

Got the template ready.
We'd like to thank the Battlefront community for their overwhelming support and feedback for the STAR WARS™ Battlefront Classic Collection release.

At launch, we experienced critical errors with our network infrastructure. The result was incredibly high ping, matchmaking errors, crashes, and servers not appearing in the browser.

Since launch, we've been working to address these issues and increase network stability, and we will continue our efforts until our network infrastructure is stabilized to prevent further outages.

Please continue to report bugs, errors, or unexpected behaviors to our support team via our Request Form

The Aspyr Team
Close enough for me.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And there it is.

Add it to the list!

TOqP9WY.png
Name one other industry that consistently churns out half baked products and resorts to launch window PR to basically tell consumers their product sucks and give them a chance to fix their crud.

It's amazing how similar most game studio PR are too. It goes something like this:

1. PR statement released
- To acknowledge their shit game getting ripped apart in reviews or social media

2. Employee pat on the back
- To boost employee morale saying they did a great job regardless. Set the tone early so employees dont get too depressed if the entire statement focuses on poor quality

3. Ignore it's a business transaction paying money for a crap product, let's steer the message to "we're all chums and in this together"
- To make gamers feel better they are valued dedicated gamers as part of the video game family. Gamers are so cool and enthusiastic about the game, the company would never imagine it'd be such a big success tanking the servers. So dont blame us. And we arent blaming you either. So let's all agree to give this issue a pass as nobody's fault

4. TBA resolution
- "Were working on it, but cant tell you when it'll be fixed"

5. Never seems a monetary relief is offered (refund)
- To prevent gamers from requesting refunds from e-store, the message hopefully keeps gamers around waiting for a fix. The longer the wait, the less chance the gamer has getting a refund
- In other industries, if a product is so broken (ie. a recall), every store and manufacturer will offer a refund even if it's past the return policy. If the store doesn't, the manufacturer will refund you directly. You dont even need a receipt or proof of purchase half the time, and the company is willing to eat the COGs as most physical products refunded back to the shipping bay are tossed in the garbage, or if it's not worth the hassle. Suppliers and stores agree that the product will be disposed of at store level and no matter what the manufacturer will credit the store in full and the supplier will eat the entire cost. For example, if a shit winter shovel is refunded by a customer, the supplier will refund the store, and if any used shovels are returned to the supplier they'll just throw it in the trash at a loss

Last edited:
Name one other industry that consistently churns out half baked products and resorts to launch window PR to basically tell consumers their product sucks and give them a chance to fix their crud.
In the tech world? Idk, maybe broken OS releases.

In movie industry? Probably Avi Arad's projects(like recently, Morbius and Madam Web still trying to kick start a Spiderman Cinematic Universe over and over, next up is Kraven).

In the TV industry? As an example, read up on what happened with Avatar: Legend of Korra and how Nickelodeon's insistence on not giving them 3 seasons, then asking them to wrap it up in 1, then changing their mind when viewer numbers were up, then greenlighting a season 2 and 3, butchered that show's pacing and storytelling. Hearing/Reading about how Amon was supposed to be the villain of the full series was one of the many painful things to discover about it.

Many streaming services still carry on this tradition of telling creatives that they have one season, then making the creatives scramble when they want more seasons after the creatives put their everything into that one season.

MacReady13

But apparently gaming is better today… add on all this DEI woke bullshit to the massive amount of incomplete games and games budgets that are spiraling out of control, gaming has never been in a worse state than it is today.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I have a question. I was playing on switch yesterday, and every conquest match I played on battlefront 2 did last 3 minutes. Is it normal? God damn that's so short it has to be bug.

Edit: this should be 19.99$ and also less than 30gb on switch, what the fuck is that I feel scammed. How can aiming sucks so bad, man this game feels like shit. Aspyr , oof.. I didn't know them, now I do 🤬🤬💩💩

Last edited:
What nonsense is this? Lol

You can play FPS on console casually without aim assist.
I always turn that shit off straight away, before even getting into a match for any MP game.
Using Aim assist on consoles is based on 2 factors:

- What controller (I didnt need AA with a DualSense 5, but DID need it with a DualShock4)
- Reaction time (AA can help a bit by helping to snap on target)

Personally I prefer keyboard and mouse for accuracy.

AA is purely there to mimic kb+m accuracy. And in cross platform games, this evens out the playing field.
Except for those fucking 360 no-scopers. They ALL use AA and a controller. Fuck em.

Killjoy-NL

Using Aim assist on consoles is based on 2 factors:

- What controller (I didnt need AA with a DualSense 5, but DID need it with a DualShock4)
- Reaction time (AA can help a bit by helping to snap on target)

Personally I prefer keyboard and mouse for accuracy.

AA is purely there to mimic kb+m accuracy. And in cross platform games, this evens out the playing field.
Except for those fucking 360 no-scopers. They ALL use AA and a controller. Fuck em.
Personally, I feel there is zero difference between DualShock 4 and DualSense.

And I actually hate AA as it's counterproductive to me. It's annoying af as it sometimes slightly drags my crosshair away from the target I'm aiming at when another player passes by.
It's a complete hindrance, imo.

Zuzu

It's crazy how they just released the Tomb Raider Remastered Trilogy which is good and then they go and release a train wreck like this. Maybe they had significantly different budgets & deadlines allocated to each game series.

Last edited:

phant0m

Is single-player working well? That's all I wanted to play, anyway.
Yes. Frankly it’s the only genuine fun I’ve had with this so far.

I’m at about 90 mins played and I’m holding off playing any more for like the next week or so to see if they fix the MP.

$30 is too much for just the SP experience.

BlackTron

Other than for Steam Achievements and native controller support not really

The only reason I could muster before was to jump in on the renewed interest in multiplayer but from the way things are going everyone is just refunding it anyway so uh...

R6Rider

Gold Member
And I actually hate AA as it's counterproductive to me. It's annoying af as it sometimes slightly drags my crosshair away from the target I'm aiming at when another player passes by.
It's a complete hindrance, imo.
Same for me. I turn it off for games on console and still regularly do better than others online.

I think the last time I left it on was for the horseback aiming in RDR2.

Last edited:

starfire1978

Neo Member
I refunded due to it not feeling better than ones I already own. Still very disappointed that it just wasn't truly Remastered with working online. Xl mode was cool for console but runs awful.

Still no update for the Y axis, I almost never buy games at launch anymore, I can’t even remember the last time I pre-ordered, I think it might have been Cyberpunk. Did this time though because of the discount, but fuck I’m an idiot.

Also another reminder why I will never support an all digital future, now I’m stuck with this turd because Sony’s refund policy is essentially nonexistent.

Sojiro

Funny enough there have been many more players on Switch between yesterday and today from what I have seen, before lunch I was in a server with almost 30 players. Online is functional...., but very bare bones and it can be tough finding a server that isn't laggy. I have had some dumb fun online, but I have been having issues crashing after a few matches which has happened 4-5 times so far.

Forgot to add, BF2 fairs much better online than BF1, a lot more players on 2 and everything feels really laggy/janky on BF1, which kind of sucks because I do like some of the weapons/classes on 1 more.

Last edited:

tkscz

Funny enough there have been many more players on Switch between yesterday and today from what I have seen, before lunch I was in a server with almost 30 players. Online is functional...., but very bare bones and it can be tough finding a server that isn't laggy. I have had some dumb fun online, but I have been having issues crashing after a few matches which has happened 4-5 times so far.

Forgot to add, BF2 fairs much better online than BF1, a lot more players on 2 and everything feels really laggy/janky on BF1, which kind of sucks because I do like some of the weapons/classes on 1 more.
When I was playing yesterday the player base on the switch version went from 30 v 30 to barely 15 players in a game. Not sure what happened but in both games it just dropped

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Since I got my steam deck I’ve primarily used it to play some older games on it I either missed out on or wanted to revisit.

MGS Collection
DMC collection

These are actually my two most played things on my deck so far. Far more ideal than my 4k monitor and it looking like hot caca compared to the deck screen.

It’s funny because playing MGS2 and DMC3(this first time ever), you realize how far far FAR off the path we are from where the industry was headed after PS2 era. Things seemed limitless. Ideas like “woah, can’t wait till we get a Pokémon MMO” for example, never even came to happen.

What’s even more ironic is that these two collections are some of the absolute worst fucking money grabs ever. The dmc collection still has issues playing fmvs, audio, etc on Deck, and on PC doesn’t even have the ability to edit a file or toggle 4k resolution.

Current day devs can’t even do simple upscale ports to modern platforms.

The industry doom and gloom of “modern games suck” is more and more apparent every single day. This game is another blatant over the top example like the two I just mentioned.

Like the post above mentioned— this is the only industry this can be done in, and not offer refunds per the norm.

It should be illegal to sell broken products without refunds available.

IAmRei

Last time i recall, my size with mods, BF2 is about 18GB, with lot of mods, i will pass this game then... I'm sure the old one with mods are better, and i am fine with offline or lan only game...

phant0m

Still no update for the Y axis, I almost never buy games at launch anymore, I can’t even remember the last time I pre-ordered, I think it might have been Cyberpunk. Did this time though because of the discount, but fuck I’m an idiot.

Also another reminder why I will never support an all digital future, now I’m stuck with this turd because Sony’s refund policy is essentially nonexistent.
Another nonsensical dig at digital. You think if you opened this up on disc that any retailer would’ve let you return it?

Lmfao. At least on PC I can Steam refund mine.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Never buy a game at launch.

Even if someone is desperate to get in right away to join online sports leagues or level up asap in a shooter to unlock all the gear and learn the maps so you dont become an online noob, everyone can wait a week to see how things are. And if things are sweet, then dive right in.

As for SP games, every gamer can wait as long as possible.

But got to hand it to the gaming industry, they sure know how to get people to preorder a game 3 months in advance, or still buy on day one when the guy gets home from work hoping he doesn't check reviews. Probably the only industry in the world where a company can sell shit loads of preorder sales for a product that has unlimited supply.

Last edited:

Sushi_Combo

Another nonsensical dig at digital. You think if you opened this up on disc that any retailer would’ve let you return it?

My gamestop membership allows me to return physical games, opened within a 7 day period for an exchange. Not all retailers do this but I take advantage of this one for these broken ass games.

It’s possible to resell a physical copy, are you dumb or just trying to be insufferably annoying?

Top Bottom