• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront Classic Collection only supports 200 players online total (sold 10,000 copies so far)

MarkMe2525

Refunded mine on Xbox. I'll keep the Steam version, it might get better.. :messenger_poop:
Why would you want to let them keep your money in the meantime? Surely, you could repurchase if it does indeed "get better". Are you showing support in hopes that they give the games another once over?

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Why would you want to let them keep your money in the meantime? Surely, you could repurchase if it does indeed "get better". Are you showing support in hopes that they give the games another once over?
I bought it of CD Keys like a mong.. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

a2zRX4o.gif

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I am so sad about this......was really looking forward to playing these again. Hopefully they put a patch out to address this stuff, or at least a statement that they are working on fixes.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Aspyr is under fire over the disastrous launch of the highly anticipated Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection, which is plagued with server issues, bugs, and more.

Launching today, March 14, the $34.99 Classic Collection — which includes the original two Star Wars: Battlefront games — currently has a "mostly negative" rating on Steam with just 21% of reviews being positive. Headlining most complaints are connectivity issues, with myriad Steam and social media users claiming just three 64-player servers were available at launch for the 9,232 players who logged in on Steam alone.

Aspyr seemingly added more servers within a few hours of launch but problems were rampant. "Was only able to join one Heroes versus Villains match and the Heroes' side was completely broken," said Kamaji on Steam. "No one could join the Heroes team which resulted in no one to fight against. I figured this may have been just a Battlefront 2 issue so I hopped on over to play Battlefront 1 multiplayer. There's zero servers up for Battlefield 1. Wow."

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It doesn't make sense to have only planned 200 slots. That must be a typo because even the tiniest shittiest game out there with MP should be able to handle more than 200 gamers at once. Whats the point of having MP modes if the CCU is only going to be 200?

MiguelItUp

This is so damn disappointing. I hope they actually put effort into fixing this because I don't think Green Man Gaming will refund me. 😮‍💨

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No matter how big or small the game is. Just shows again, always wait for reviews. Who gives a shit about previews. Those are basically PR articles by game sites brown nosing for early access material to write.

Everyone is a big boy, you can wait a day or two to sift through reviews ad see if online works well or not.

00_Zer0

Edit-Since Saber owns Aspyr and Saber is being sold off to the co-founder of Saber, then Aspyr goes with them when Saber gains total control of their studios, correct?

At that point Saber should help Aspyr get the funding that is needed to get enough servers out there for the players.

Last edited:
You know what, I already commented but fuck it. This is actual bullshit. It's like every studio is trying to outshit each other at every turn. You'd think devs etc would learn from shit like this. You'd think they'd actually sit down before release and at least figure out if what they're releasing is going to piss people off or not. How do they NOT realise these issues? Obviously they DO realise, they just choose to ignore it.

It truly baffles me how shit like this KEEPS happening. Are they all high on fucking heroin when they make this shit? Jesus Christ it's infuriating. Like legit, put a bunch of braindead, quadriplegic monkeys in a room and they'd produce a better product than this shitstain.

Assaulty

Played 15 minutes, refunded my steam copy and got helldivers for the same money. Not wasting my time on this one hoping it'll be good down the line

tkscz

Fuck, got it on Switch when it was announced. It's two games from 2003/05, I couldn't see a way for them to fuck it up. I haven't played it at all yet, but getting a refund out of Nintendo is like pulling healthy teeth from a grown man with your bare hands.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
For a second I thought people were being assholes for expecting it to have a MAG like 256 player mode then I read on.
How can you only have server capacity for 200 players, there are kids running servers in their bedroom with more capacity.

M0G

Wow I'm finally starting to learn when to dodge this shit.

Alarm bells were ringing when there was a 20% discount for owners of the original releases and they were saying this is pretty much just a re-release. This should never have gone up for sale over £15.

nush

It doesn't make sense to have only planned 200 slots. That must be a typo because even the tiniest shittiest game out there with MP should be able to handle more than 200 gamers at once. Whats the point of having MP modes if the CCU is only going to be 200?

Ship it now, we need the revenue for the books this month. Patch it later...

Don't want to be that guy but wasn't the original games still working with community servers already?

As for storage requirement on a game that was able to run on the PSP seems actually insane.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Dear {Name},

We wanted to reach out again, in writing, to apologize for {incident}. We are still wrapping our head around this huge lapse in judgment on our part. We are deeply ashamed and embarrassed.

One thing we know for sure is that this will never, ever happen again. We’ve reflected on {action}, and we now realize that {proper behavior}.

We don't expect you to see past this incident, but we wanted to at least let you know that there is no chance of us doing something like this in the future.

Sincerely,

Got the template ready.

R6Rider

Gold Member
They even managed to fuck up the BF1 load screen sound affects. You know how it closes in on the battle location with the beeps? Yeah, they made that sound worse.

Nvzman

I assume you don't use gyro assist. But even without it, what's the point on playing a shooter with aim assist? Brag about the assist skill helping you?
This is an extremely stupid point, part of what makes a shooter feel good on a controller is needing some form of magnetism. Controller sticks are not precise enough for shooters. The Halo games developed by Bungie are some of the best feeling games on controller for this exact reason, everything flows smoothly while still requiring some precision.
I say this as a mouse + keyboard user for nearly every fps. The hate that aim assist gets is moronic beyond belief, controllers need some degree of it. Not extremely strong AA, like GTAV where it snaps, but some form of it.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
They honestly should’ve just released it as a off-line game and filled all the teams with bots would a bit better experience than what they currently have

Last edited:
I assume you don't use gyro assist. But even without it, what's the point on playing a shooter with aim assist? Brag about the assist skill helping you?
I'm talking about a single player shooter (Jedi Knight 2) where the controls are already shit and no aim assist makes hitting anything very difficult to the point of frustration. There's nothing to brag about, I just want to enjoy the game, not fight with it.

I mean, if you don't want it, turn it off and brag about how elite your gaming skills are. I don't give a shit how you play.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Aspyr again huh? They owe me a free game cuz I got KotoR II on Switch and couldn't find a way to get it from them.

10K people with only 200 in games. That's the best BR ever made.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dear {Name},

We wanted to reach out again, in writing, to apologize for {incident}. We are still wrapping our head around this huge lapse in judgment on our part. We are deeply ashamed and embarrassed.

One thing we know for sure is that this will never, ever happen again. We’ve reflected on {action}, and we now realize that {proper behavior}.

We don't expect you to see past this incident, but we wanted to at least let you know that there is no chance of us doing something like this in the future.

Sincerely,

Got the template ready.
Kitchen appliance maker marketing 101
- Figure out how to tell customers some blenders are being recalled due to an electrical issue
- Get PR statement ready when it happens once every 10 years

Video game maker marketing 101
- Figure out how to tell customers the game sucks and barely works
- Get PR statement ready for every game on launch day

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
This is an extremely stupid point, part of what makes a shooter feel good on a controller is needing some form of magnetism. Controller sticks are not precise enough for shooters. The Halo games developed by Bungie are some of the best feeling games on controller for this exact reason, everything flows smoothly while still requiring some precision.
I say this as a mouse + keyboard user for nearly every fps. The hate that aim assist gets is moronic beyond belief, controllers need some degree of it. Not extremely strong AA, like GTAV where it snaps, but some form of it.
It is not needed if your are not a bad player.

BouncyFrag

Only those with a high enough M count will get online. After only one match the Empire will show up to harvest all your blood tho.

Top Bottom