• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta and Vanquish coming to PS4 and Xbox One?

Malakai

I really don't understand Bayonetta's gameplay. I is like the controls have a input lag of at least one second when I was playing it on the Wii U...

Pachael

ZQAfXC2.png

https://www.alza.co.uk/xbox-one-action-games/18854539-p4.htm

The screenprint is here and the link checks out, but I don't really believe this yet... (2017-Q2 doesn't really make sense). Also, Shenmue III isn't going to be on XB1 unless...?

I really don't understand Bayonetta's gameplay. I is like the controls have a input lag of at least one second when I was playing it on the Wii U...
You've got something horribly wrong going on; the insanely responsive controls are a large part of why the games are good.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
That GAF thread will be brutal if it happens.

Probably, we already know platinum are making a switch game and there's a increase prominence of a bayonnetta 1&2 which implies there may be a pack-in and also probably a sequel since it's their flagship series that Kamiya has said he wants to work on.

Normally you'd just think multiplatform but it's pretty hard to just release the 3rd game in a series on platforms that skipped number 2. Which would mean said game would completely ignore 2 or they don't give a shit and try it anyway. All that makes me question if sega themselves would bother to fund such a thing but Nintendo might.

IbukiLordSA

I will buy but for some reason they just don't want to release it on PS4. Have bought the games on so many platforms and would gladly buy the best hack 'n slash game of all time again on PS4, provided it runs like my Steam version.

not sure if I believe this rumor, but it would be nice. More people playing those two games the better.

Maybe we can finally get a Vanquish 2? Probably not since Mikami is long gone from Platinum.

That... doesn't sound right. Did you have any issues like that with other games?

kc44135

https://www.alza.co.uk/xbox-one-action-games/18854539-p4.htm

The screenprint is here and the link checks out, but I don't really believe this yet... (2017-Q2 doesn't really make sense). Also, Shenmue III isn't going to be on XB1 unless...?

I could definitely see a Megadrive/Genesis collection with a bunch of Sonic games packed in happening given Mania's success (plus Sega has done a collection of that sort on, like, every console ever). Shenmue is believable because Sega themselves have talked about wanting to do it, and even if Shenmue 3 isn't coming to X1, porting an HE Collection from PS4 to X1 should be very simple, and easy money. As for the Bayo/Vanquish collection, why doesn't Q2 2017 make sense? Porting the games from PC to PS4/X1 should be very simple, and shouldn't take very long.

Pachael

I could definitely see a Megadrive/Genesis collection with a bunch of Sonic games packed in happening given Mania's success (plus Sega has done a collection of that sort on, like, every console ever). Shenmue is believable because Sega themselves have talked about wanting to do it, and even if Shenmue 3 isn't coming to X1, porting an HE Collection from PS4 to X1 should be very simple, and easy money. As for the Bayo/Vanquish collection, why doesn't Q2 2017 make sense? Porting the games from PC to PS4/X1 should be very simple, and shouldn't take very long.

2017-Q2 was referring to the Shenmue pack, and for me we're finishing Q3 of 2017 and will enter Q4 next month (and we haven't heard a peep, obviously).

The Bayo/Vanquish release timing is supposedly for Nov 2017 as per screenprint

Opa-Pa

Whoa, year of Sega?

Totally expected this to happen eventually thanks to the PC ports, but not so soon.

I own Vanquish but haven't played much of it. Guess I'll wait for this, assuming it's 60FPS on PS4 of course.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well they already went to PC, so if they wanted to port them over it would likely be easier than before, as the 360 code has already been converted to x86 right? Hence the PS4 port of valkyria chronicles

if bayo and vanquish came to ps4, i'd bite..of course ps4 XB1 and PC never betting bayo 2 is a sore spot but its livable

DrArchon

Cool beans. I won't play Bayo 1 again with a 100% brand new save file because fuck the Outrun and Space Harrier sections, but the more people who know about Bayo, the better the chance of seeing Bayo 3.

nelo_inc

I've played both on the 360, and Bayonetta again on the WiiU, but these games deserve too look even better.

And it also gives the oportunity to anyone who never played them.

kc44135

2017-Q2 was referring to the Shenmue pack, and for me we're finishing Q3 of 2017 and will enter Q4 next month (and we haven't heard a peep, obviously).

The Bayo/Vanquish release timing is supposedly for Nov 2017 as per screenprint

Yeah sorry, I just misread your post cuz I'm tired, lol. But yeah, Shenmue coming out in Q2 2017 makes zero sense. Most likely, this listing is fake, then. It's a shame, cuz I would've loved to play both of these games on PS4, and would've bought this immediately. Oh well. :(

Moze

Banned
I don't know why those two titles have entries on their store, but unlike the Bayonetta & Vanquish double pack they aren't listed by the distributor. I wouldn't read too much into these two.

So you're saying the Bayonetta pack is likely? Pls.

Shiggy

So you're saying the Bayonetta pack is likely? Pls.

More likely than the other two. Could still be that someone at the Czech/Slovakian distributor/gross seller just thought this would come based on the PC releases and put it up.

Memento

I would like to play Vanquish all the way through. I played the demo last gen and really didnt like it. Maybe it will click with me this time.

Top Bottom