• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta and Vanquish coming to PS4 and Xbox One?

Diabolical

Neo Member
I don't get why people keep bringing up VC. The PC version was a job commissioned by Sega Europe and the PS4 version was done inhouse in Japan iirc.

This is correct. Both were standalone initiatives -- either one would have still existed without the other.

Xenoflare

*sigh*

I would buy both again.

Even though Bayo on X1 was really good, no tearing at all.

Hopefully Vanquish could be 60FPS

eXistor

Sure why not? Everything and the kitchen-sink is getting remastered or remade, why not 2 actually great games. I might even get Vanquish as I've played the 360 version. 60 frames would be a blessing for that game.

Diabolical

Neo Member
The listing has been taken down, which doesn't surprise me. Those covers were clearly "not authentic" (photoshopped fakes) and it would've been a bit of a stretch to expect those two games to get released physically in a double pack together. Maybe digitally... but not physically.

Furthermore, Bayonetta also just went free on Xbox One last month. I'm not sure that Microsoft would've even worked out such an arrangement with SEGA if there was a native (non BC) release being queued up so soon afterwards. The Darksiders situation was different because the Warmastered edition was already out well prior to Darksiders 1 going free. The deal there was probably made after the fact.

In short, until there's definitive confirmation (and/or more concrete leaks are provided) we shouldn't put too much stock into this.

images

kc44135

I never believed this to be happening.

Yeah, you're probably right. They're both very niche games, and probably wouldn't sell well enough to justify ports of them (I imagine that even with the same architecture, such ports still require considerable effort). The PC ports probably didn't even sell that well, did they?

Yeah, you're probably right. They're both very niche games, and probably wouldn't sell well enough to justify ports of them (I imagine that even with the same architecture, such ports still require considerable effort). The PC ports probably didn't even sell that well, did they?

Sega was supposedly happy with the sales of the Bayonetta PC port, but I haven't heard anything about Vanquish.

kc44135

Sega was supposedly happy with the sales of the Bayonetta PC port, but I haven't heard anything about Vanquish.
Interesting, didn't know Bayo did well on PC. Is there any precedent here for this? Has Sega ported anything from PC to PS4 in the past?
Wow hold on there,
TGS is over?

did platinum games showed any games at all?

TGS is absolutely not over. Give it a few more days.

I'm aware it's technically not over, but surely Sony's conference would be where any announced would be, yes? There aren't any other major conferences, right?

Regiruler

Interesting, didn't know Bayo did well on PC. Is there any precedent here for this? Has Sega ported anything from PC to PS4 in the past?

I'm aware it's technically not over, but surely Sony's conference would be where any announced would be, yes? There aren't any other major conferences, right?

You can announce things outside of a conference. Sega does all the time.

Ferr986

Devs do they own streams during TGS. They could announce stuff, especially "minor" things like these ports.

robotrock

Banned

No. We're talking about remasters of Vanquish and Bayonetta, games that never really broke the sales charts, so why would they put them on stage? News should trickle out each day, who knows.

SEGA has a stream on Yakuza and Fist of the North Star at the end of the week. I don't expect to see any Platinum there. but I definitely would not say these remasters don't exist because they weren't at the Sony show.

kc44135

You can announce things outside of a conference. Sega does all the time.

Devs do they own streams during TGS. They could announce stuff, especially "minor" things like these ports.

No. We're talking about remasters of Vanquish and Bayonetta, games that never really broke the sales charts, so why would they put them on stage? News should trickle out each day, who knows.

SEGA has a stream on Yakuza and Fist of the North Star at the end of the week. I don't expect to see any Platinum there. but I definitely would not say these remasters don't exist because they weren't at the Sony show.

...Interesting. Well, these are probably fake (as most rumors/leaks usually are), but if they were announced for PS4, I'd be there day 1!

You know the very same reason that Bayo and Vanquish are in one pack kinda makes feel hopeful that it's indeed a true rumor.

Bayo sold pretty good on PC (I'm not sure about Vanquish) but this would at least imo
warrant the game to be ported to PS4.

So yeah, even if Vanquish in niche at least the double pack rumor would give it some legs.
If the rumor would be a vanquish stand alone port I wouldn't be this excited :D

One last thing,
didn't bayonetta give a discount to vanquish PC if you own both?

kc44135

Bayonetta is already on Xbox one.
Yeah... the Xbox 360 version. This thread was about PC ports of both that and Vanquish for PS4/X1. Neither game is available on PS4, and both games would undoubtedly feature higher resolution/frame rate than their last-gen counterparts.
Dream is dead?

So, TGS is officially over
all I'm thinking is is what kinda of mean person would create a rumor
like this just to break my poor heart :(

Yeah, this was definitely fake if it's supposedly coming out in November, and we haven't heard anything by now. But yeah, I don't really get why anyone would put out a rumor like this, especially when both games are so niche. But then again, I don't really get why anyone would want to spread a rumor about anything. It just seems needlessly cruel to hype people over nothing. Very strange.

Anyway, I hope this can still happen someday. PS4/X1 have the same X86 architecture as PC, so ports should definitely be possible. ALso, Sega ported Valkyria Chronicles over to PS4 after releasing it on PC. So yeah, hopefully it happens at some point. These are both fantastic games that deserve as much exposure as they can get, and as someone who's never really gotten into PC gaming, I'd love to have better versions of both games on my PS4. Going to back to either game on PS3 is pretty rough at this point (especially Bayonetta...).

Top Bottom