• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta and Vanquish coming to PS4 and Xbox One?

Astral Dog

It's always been 60fps
lol no way
Probably, we already know platinum are making a switch game and there's a increase prominence of a bayonnetta 1&2 which implies there may be a pack-in and also probably a sequel since it's their flagship series that Kamiya has said he wants to work on.

Normally you'd just think multiplatform but it's pretty hard to just release the 3rd game in a series on platforms that skipped number 2. Which would mean said game would completely ignore 2 or they don't give a shit and try it anyway. All that makes me question if sega themselves would bother to fund such a thing but Nintendo might.
Bayo 2 "finished" the story in a way, so if 3 is multiplatform (or gets made) then they could safely ignore the events of the second game and move on as the plot is basically a retread.

No problem there.that said Bayo trilogy on one platform would be Godly.

People shouldn't be as shocked to see Bayonetta on Switch as it was on Wii U so (hopefully) the salt will be lower

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
i hate that vanquish will be included. i have some kind of mental tick but i just cant deal with the fact that it ends on a cliffhanger. i have some kind of disorder for unevenness

soheil

I am in for Bayonetta

I don't like vanquish that much, so I hope there will be a separated digital release too.

biteren

if SEGA puts em out, ill take em. never got to have a chance to support Platinum until the PC ports for those 2 games.

Ossom

I never played Vanquish so need to get on it at some point today and a remake would be perfect.

Would be amazing if this was on Switch.

I'd be in for 60 FPS Vanquish. Bayo is also nice, and it should be in as many hands as possible, but personally, I don't want to start another save file for that particular game.

thelastword

Banned
This is the site always promoted by Buildzoid recently. They gave him an RX Vega 64 to OC, they sell customized hardware et al.....I think it's legit......

Labolas

Al4mP5S.gif

I can't play Bayo on PC. So this is the next best thing.

Dambrosi

Banned
I can't believe I might have to buy the same game FIVE times.

PS3
X360
Wii U
PC
and now possibly PS4?!

Hell, 6 times if they come with a double-pack with Bayo 2 on Switch. Platinum, you're breaking mah balls, man, you're...breaking mah balls.

Can the switch handle Bayonetta at 60FPS and 1080p? Otherwise why bother.
Are you kidding me?! Wii U could do it, what makes you think Switch couldn't?

Persona7

Banned
I can't believe I might have to buy the same game FIVE times.

PS3
X360
Wii U
PC
and now possibly PS4?!

Hell, 6 times if they come with a double-pack with Bayo 2 on Switch. Platinum, you're breaking mah balls, man, you're...breaking mah balls.

Are you kidding me?! Wii U could do it, what makes you think Switch couldn't?

Both games on Wii U ran at 720p with severe drops.

lupinko

Well they already went to PC, so if they wanted to port them over it would likely be easier than before, as the 360 code has already been converted to x86 right? Hence the PS4 port of valkyria chronicles

if bayo and vanquish came to ps4, i'd bite..of course ps4 XB1 and PC never betting bayo 2 is a sore spot but its livable

I don't get why people keep bringing up VC. The PC version was a job commissioned by Sega Europe and the PS4 version was done inhouse in Japan iirc.

Might pass on Bayo if true but man Id love Vanquish on PS4 Pro Im stoked that we're getting Dragons Dogma also loved that game.

_____

Banned
vangquish got a pc port a few months back, and bayonetta was a ps3 game to begin with

i would say its not out of the picture but i wonder if they can really afford to do it, since platinum was literally saved by automata according to interviews, so i wonder what the financial payoffs to this they think exist

literally the only time I've seen vangquish mentioned is by people begging for a pc port

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I don't get why people keep bringing up VC. The PC version was a job commissioned by Sega Europe and the PS4 version was done inhouse in Japan iirc.

is it possible that the japanese team started with the same PC codebase the europe team made? dont see why they would bother to reverse engineer the cell architecture and waste so much time porting the PS3 version to PS4 when they could just use an x86 base. There would have been no point to the remaster if it wasn't relatively easy no?

vangquish got a pc port a few months back, and bayonetta was a ps3 game to begin with

i would say its not out of the picture but i wonder if they can really afford to do it, since platinum was literally saved by automata according to interviews, so i wonder what the financial payoffs to this they think exist

literally the only time I've seen vangquish mentioned is by people begging for a pc port

its up to sega and their staff as they own the IP....platinum likely doesn't even have to port the thing

Top Bottom