• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (PC, JP-only) AlphaTest

So it's been pointed out to me this FAQ page is there: http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/eac2dx/infinitas/p/common/info/iidx_faq.html

I'm not sure if it was there during the previous alpha test, but it has this to say about controllers:

• They will not stop anyone from attempting to use a controller, but they will not provide any support.
  • They have no plans to produce a controller.

Just to clarify, it doesn't say they have no plans to produce a controller; it says current state is undecided.

Went ahead and applied for Alpha 2. I have a Japanese Konami account with a bunch of Japanese plays (SDVX3/Pendual/etc) on it, but am in the USA now, so we'll see.

Check your inbox, notifications of Alpha acceptance have gone out (email title is "明日から開始!beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 第2回アルファテストのご案内"). The testing period starts tonight at 11 PM EST (about 15 and a half hours from now) and lasts until 28th.

zoobzone

I got selected for 2nd alpha test and have just received email from Konami.

The Alpha test starts 2015/10/22 12:00 and lasts 2015/10/28 23:59 Japan time.

So excited.

Tain

Oh neat, I got in too.

Gonna have to dig up some USB adapter and hope the lag won't be too bad, I suppose.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nothing here :C

Wonder how many people applied.

And good Lord that's one long period compared to first test.

Ugh, beginning to get a bad feeling about the "e-AMUSEMENT PASSを登録してください" (please register an e-Amusement pass) below the installer download button. I'd really hope it's not actually necessary, because having to go and try to order one from Yahoo Auctions or something seems like a hassle, and will probably take too long to allow me to try the Alpha.

We'll see in a bit I guess, and worst case scenario I suppose I can just wait for the full release.

Ugh, beginning to get a bad feeling about the "e-AMUSEMENT PASSを登録してください" (please register an e-Amusement pass) below the installer download button. I'd really hope it's not actually necessary, because having to go and try to order one from Yahoo Auctions or something seems like a hassle, and will probably take too long to allow me to try the Alpha.

We'll see in a bit I guess, and worst case scenario I suppose I can just wait for the full release.
I don't think it's required to have a physical card; in Japan you can use a phone in lieu of one. Try poking around the site a bit.

I got my invite email this morning, looking forward to trying this provided it works on my hardware. Hopefully I'll be able to get my Dao FP7 working in it.

zoobzone

It looks like you do infact need e-amusement pass attached to your konami id.

However, you can make a virtual one here , make sure you have logged into your konami id.

The alpha hasn't started yet, so after getting your virtual e-amusement pass the installer link will still be grayed out until it starts.

Oh wow, thanks. Hopefully this will end up working.

edit: Ah, yeah, the message changed to my e-amuse number. Guess everyone should do this!

edit2: On one hand holy shit I'm officially playing IIDX on my PC.

On the other hand I'm having a hell of a time getting it to work decently with my PS2 controller because the game itself isn't playing nice with my PS2 USB adapter. Using Joy2Key now but scratches are pretty fucked. Rapid scratches straight up don't work.

zoobzone

The alpha test is now live, I can't seem to change any keys.

At least they show keys layout clearly.
etmwpcbq.d4b.jpg

Hit Tab to get options, including key config.

Ugh, fiddled with input threshold and auto repeat, still not getting working rapid scratches. Super bizarre because I can rapidly go up and down between two menu options using the turntable :/

Falk

that puzzling face
I hate all of you.

f62016aea2a6bfaf11114a5382e39c9a.jpg

Ugh, fiddled with input threshold and auto repeat, still not getting working rapid scratches. Super bizarre because I can rapidly go up and down between two menu options using the turntable :/

It's possible that the way they have it rigged it ignores button-depress event until a button-release event.

NO CONTROLLER SUPPORT LOL

zoobzone

I see, I thought it would be in options in the launcher but that's grayed out.

I try it later tonight then.

Tain

hoooooooooo buddy

IIDX at 144hz is a beautiful thing. Seriously thrilled that they got that part right.

Hopefully the input situation gets sorted out, because playing this on a keyboard is making me very thirsty.

Tain

Yeah, pretty sure. It has an MMO-style launcher where you enter your Konami ID and password and download updates before the game proper starts up. The game seems to run in 720p upscaled to your desktop resolution.

In-game it's all very arcade/console IIDX, with all the sorting options and modifiers that entails.

Tain

And I gotta say, after all the time I've spent on IIDX cabinets with consumer HDTV displays, this gsync setup I've got here feels so responsive in comparison.

I'm sure once a USB adapter is thrown into the chain when I try a KOC it won't feel quite as pristine, but this is so nice.

zoobzone

I tried remapping some keys on my PS4 arcade stick, doesn't seem to work, it only registers alphabets on the keyboard, numbers don't seem to work.

I'll try a 3rd party app that'll let me remap my controller into keyboard alphabets later.

Update: I have successfully remapped the keys onto my arcade stick by using JoyToKey, but because its a fight stick the buttons are somewhat better than my Corsair K70 keyboard but using the lever to emulate as the scratch doesn't really work well, so I have to resort to using Auto Scratch.

Tain

Wonderful!

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this, lol. Sooo desperate to try with a real controller tonight.

cj_iwakura

I think I might be in...?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
明日から開始!beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 第2回アルファテストのご案内
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
2015年10月21日(水)

「beatmania IIDX INFINITAS」の第2回アルファテスト募集に応募くださり、ありがとうございました。
抽選の結果、お客様はアルファテストに当選されましたので、ご案内申し上げます。

◆ アルファテスト期間
10月22日(木) 12:00~10月28日(水) 23:59
ぜひこの機会に「beatmania IIDX INFINITAS アルファ版」をお楽しみください。

Falk

that puzzling face
Did you JUST get that? If so I'm even more faux-angry if they're sending out more invites in waves and I still haven't gotten mine.

cj_iwakura

Did you JUST get that? If so I'm even more faux-angry if they're sending out more invites in waves and I still haven't gotten mine.

Just noticed it, yes. And done. Little disappointed with the song selection, but the presentation is stellar. Excited for more.

I wonder if I can get a PS2~>USB converter... I barely got an A on Non-Fiction Story's 4, heh.

cj_iwakura

This totally isn't the same as the alpha song list. :( No Drop here. I died laughing at She Is My Wife's video though, haha.

Just noticed it, yes. And done. Little disappointed with the song selection, but the presentation is stellar. Excited for more.

I wonder if I can get a PS2~>USB converter... I barely got an A on Non-Fiction Story's 4, heh.
There are fewer songs this time but there are still unlockables. Make sure you don't stop until you have at least 100 DJ points.

cj_iwakura

I can't seem to get past 40 DJ points. Is there a daily cap? Don't tell me I need to start passing those 7s, they picked some of the hardest ones.

I can't seem to get past 40 DJ points. Is there a daily cap? Don't tell me I need to start passing those 7s, they picked some of the hardest ones.
DJ points is based on total achievement and is only marginally cumulative. To increase it you need to be setting new records.

Per Catastrophe, the Konami code unlocks Flower for play. He doesn't know exactly where you have to enter it because he was entering it at every opportunity, and it was just there afterward.

EDIT: I'm hearing from others that Flower simply appeared for them without doing anything, so the Konami code might not have had anything to do with it.

Unless I'm wrong with time zones again, this is the 12 36 hour warning. Alpha test ends at 11 AM Eastern (Wednesday).

Any key just makes it so you can hit any key and it'll register as a correct press for any lane so long as it's timed correctly.

Falk

that puzzling face
As someone who was too busy for Alpha 1 and too unlucky for Alpha 2, how does it actually work in practice? Is it as bad as what they forced DJMAX to have from Black Square onwards?

Kumubou

As someone who was too busy for Alpha 1 and too unlucky for Alpha 2, how does it actually work in practice? Is it as bad as what they forced DJMAX to have from Black Square onwards?
In terms of functionality? It's even worse -- if you end up over mashing on an even remotely dense chart, you end up mapping that extra press to the nearest note, which means that you are probably going to get a bad. That also means that the next note you were trying to hit is no longer valid, and then that press then goes to the next note creating a chain of bads and you just bad attack the chart until you correct yourself. I actually score significantly worse with Any Key on than without it.

However, in the end it's not nearly as bad as in DJ Max since it's off by default and it's not really necessary (to the point where I wonder why it's even in the game).

Falk

that puzzling face
It's even worse

That sounds exactly like the problem DJMAX had though.

To potentially answer the question,
- if you were referring to DJMAX, copyright dodging (lol) up until the point they had an agreement with Konami who ended up publishing Technika in Japan (so Trilogy had it patched out and became like the best game ever)
- if you were referring to Infinitas, no idea why ANY ASSIST is in there. I'm assuming that the other assist is to help combat ghosting which is a much more severe problem with zsxdc than DJMAX/O2Jam style key spread. Maybe they figured there might be some casual DJMAX fans leftover who would appreciate the former assist? Heh.

Kumubou

That sounds exactly like the problem DJMAX had though.
I don't remember that happening in this way in DJ Max, though -- the assist in that game was if you managed to hit the wrong button on/near the right measure, it would count as 1% anyway. Whereas in IIDX any input on an empty judgement instead tries to assign itself to the nearest missed note regardless of how far off it is (outside of the bad window, anyway). The window for key reassignment in DJ Max is way more narrow than it is with the Any Key assist.

You know how people just kind of mash through the six-note chords in something like Pollonosis [A] by hitting everything on every measure? I suspect that if you try that with Any Key assist, you get all bads after the first measure.

Yeah I can at least kind of understand why Key Assist is in the game, for people playing on shitty keyboards. Keep in mind that the controls in-game are fully remappable, thank God. They even allow for two bindings for each function, so whoever at Konami handled the keyboard mapping got it almost completely right (outside of the dumb scratch glitch that got patched out within a day).

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually the only downside to pressing the wrong lane in DJMAX was you got 80% (I think) of the score, while all other mechanics, from judgement to FEVER building were exactly as you pressed the right key. It led to the exact same problem you're describing regarding chains of notes all counting as bads if you so much as missed one or added one by accident.

There were minor variations in how the different titles used it, but that was the gist, and dear God it was annoying as heck. Black Square, despite having hands down the best tracklist in the franchise is like on perpetual 'one screwup and you're toast' hard mode because of it.

p.s. every time I see "DJ Max" instead of "DJMAX" I feel like I'm looking at someone with a big grin, except he recently got the shit punched out of his face and his nose is broken and half his teeth are gone and he's talking with a lisp and shit and I'm rambling because I'm salty I didn't get into Alpha 2 alkfjdaklsdjflasjdflasdf

Alpha ends in about ten minutes.

I filled out the survey, basically putting in plugs for DJDAO controllers and in the end asking them not to use an "energy system". Not sure if they'll understand that; I debated using "stamina system" instead but too late to change my answer now.

Alpha ends in about ten minutes.

I filled out the survey, basically putting in plugs for DJDAO controllers and in the end asking them not to use an "energy system". Not sure if they'll understand that; I debated using "stamina system" instead but too late to change my answer now.
I filled it out too, although in basic English lol. Also dropped a couple DJDAO mentions in hopes that enough people whine about it they'll at least try to make them work.

Top Bottom