• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT2| Can't stop won't stop the fresh hop

riotous

Banned
Even in Seattle you can't just go pick it up; for instance right now my shipment can only be picked up on the 13th at the earliest.

So, no alcohol for the next week or so for me. Pulled something in my back last night, now I am on muscle relaxers and steroids for a week.

On the bright side, I will lose some weight during this.

Jarnet87

C0NQq6sXgAA7Pfy.jpg

Grabbed this along with Funky Buddha's MBCP and their new yearly release Pineapple Beach Blonde Ale.

Nice to see Clown Shoes started distributing to South FL (not sure if it's all over the state), I think they put out some good big beers for an affordable price, the barrel aged beers I have seen at Total Wine is $14.

Mitch

Banned
Picking up some BA Bible Belt after work. Lizardville here in Cleveland is having a Prairie release night. Can't pass that up.

riotous

Banned
Still unsure if bible belt is coming to Seattle; haven't seen it yet but it seems like it's distributed fairly widely? We seem to get most of the Prairie releases other than a few of the BA's.

Still unsure if bible belt is coming to Seattle; haven't seen it yet but it seems like it's distributed fairly widely? We seem to get most of the Prairie releases other than a few of the BA's.

I've bought Bible Belt in Seattle before. I'm sure we'll get it.

My local bottle place here in Corvallis got it last week, so it must be up there somewhere.

Prairie seems to have really upped its distribution game across the Pacific Northwest in the last six months.

riotous

Banned
thanks @distantmantra

My local bottle place here in Corvallis got it last week, so it must be up there somewhere.

Prairie seems to have really upped its distribution game across the Pacific Northwest in the last six months.

I don't think it's here quite yet but I'll be going out tonight either way so we'll see.

It varies when we get stuff; I'll notice people discussing a beer in this thread that I can't find up here for weeks.

Cool artwork, but that bottle commits one of my biggest language pet peeves; there is no fucking "ñ" in "habanero." It's as bad as people who say "chi-pol-tee." Spanish is not that difficult; stop it.

It looks like there is one to me; the photo res makes it hard to make it out clearly, but there's definitely a squiggle above the n. On a sidenote, I had no idea that Spanish uses the umlaut in words (pingüina).

Linguistics aside, I can't say I've ever liked the Clown Shoes beers I've tried.

Lotto

It's on habenero, not jalapeno.

Anyways, haven't gotten hopslam down here yet but I remember getting it last year. Hopefully it makes it down here again, really enjoyed it.

Anyways, haven't gotten hopslam down here yet but I remember getting it last year. Hopefully it makes it down here again, really enjoyed it.

Oregon got their shipment last week. That's where my can came from. My parents were down in Eugene and got some, then stopped in Portland and got some more.

Seen lots of Hopslam on tap here in DC this week. I can only dream of seeing it available in the Pacific Northwest.

Seen lots of Hopslam on tap here in DC this week. I can only dream of seeing it available in the Pacific Northwest.

Oregon gets Bells now.

Haven't had Hopslam since 2012. Kinda boring now. Not a bad beer but man all the hype back then and now it's just a malty boozy DIPA with some honey.

Other way around. The ñ is used in spelling "jalapeño," which is why it is pronounced "hah la pen yo." The ñ should NOT be used in spelling "habanero" which is pronounced "ah bah nehr oh," not "hah bahn yer oh." I get much more upset about this than I should (hence pet peeve) but linguistic ignorance is utterly infuriating to me, and since the default "n" in the English language is both easier to do AND correct for the word "habanero" it means that people are going out of their way to be wrong. But I will give them credit for using the umlaut in pingüina, which I didn't even realize was supposed to be there. I appreciate any word with an umlaut, frankly. If they had spelled habanero with umlauts instead of an "ñ" I would have no complaints.

I'm a wuss when it comes to hot food but I've still enjoyed a lot of the beers with pepper that I've tried. Only a few really hot ones have been bad to me.

Lotto

Oregon gets Bells now.

Haven't had Hopslam since 2012. Kinda boring now. Not a bad beer but man all the hype back then and now it's just a malty boozy DIPA with some honey.

My favorite part was actually the honey, more IPAs should do that.

Other way around. The ñ is used in spelling "jalapeño," which is why it is pronounced "hah la pen yo." The ñ should NOT be used in spelling "habanero" which is pronounced "ah bah nehr oh," not "hah bahn yer oh." I get much more upset about this than I should (hence pet peeve) but linguistic ignorance is utterly infuriating to me, and since the default "n" in the English language is both easier to do AND correct for the word "habanero" it means that people are going out of their way to be wrong. But I will give them credit for using the umlaut in pingüina, which I didn't even realize was supposed to be there. I appreciate any word with an umlaut, frankly. If they had spelled habanero with umlauts instead of an "ñ" I would have no complaints.

I was responding to something riotous edited out, lol.

TheFlow

Banned
Just had my first experience with coffee flavored beer and I loved it. I had the kona and funky Buddha versions.

Also tried that new kona beer with the guava and oranges. The fruits make it one of the easiest to drink.

Then had some IPA from a local brewery called swampheads. Need to try more flavors before I judge on them

HiResDes

There's much more real things to be upset about in Trump's America...

obin_gam

Waiting anxiously for tomorrow, when I'm going to a craft beer festival!
There are not very many breweries attending, but that's OK, I'd rather drink few good ones than many bad ones.

Bryggeriet Stenhammaren https://untappd.com/BryggerietStenhammaren
Real Ale: Attaque Pale Ale, Prototyp #4 Golden Ale.
On tap: Kacklan English IPA, Schwartzman Stout, Folkbitter Bitter, Patron Golden Ale, Lykttändaren Winter Ale.
Bottled: Lykttändaren on whisky barrels from Box Whiskey.

Bröderna Bommen https://untappd.com/BrodernaBommenBryggeri
Beers: Brown Ale, Stout, IPA, Ljungan Pale Ale, a 3.5% and Broder Ivan (double mash) Imperial Stout 9,6%

Alnöl https://untappd.com/w/alnol/160835
Beers: Spikarna, Nacka, Öde, Alnöl 3,5%, Galactico Sour, Mortalicum
News: Vindhem Whetebeer och Black Currant Beer DIPA
+ news from Beertower

Allsta Bryggeri https://untappd.com/AllstaBryggeri
Beers: IPA, APA, Pilsner, Saison, braggot*, belgisk quad*, 3,5%,
Meads: Gooseberry, Black Currant,
+ Testbrew of Amarillo 3,5%

Bryggverket https://untappd.com/Bryggverket
Beers: Lillpangarn 41337, Janne Shuffle, Get Lucky, 10G, PIMP, Dubbelpipa

I am really interested in the Golden Ale from Stenhammaren. Never tried Golden Ale before :)

MadSexual

Tried two new beers by Stone.

Vertical Epic is mediocre and Enjoy By 2.14.17 is unique and enjoyable.
Was the VE the 02.02.02 re-release or the 2017 variant? I was pretty disappointed with the 02. My store still has a ton of it, so it seems most people felt that way.

Hasney

Just bought a random selection from my local and have a toasted coconut porter from Maui. Goddamn this is a good beer.

Buddy of mine is having a weekend out on the Oregon coast. Grabbed me some Matryoshka with cocoa nibs bottles at Ft. George, then went to de Garde and got me some The Lily, Special Rouge Reserve and a SARA/deGarde/Jester King collab glass.

Jarnet87

Went to this local liquor store this morning and they happened to have a bottle of Prairie Pirate Noir, Barrel Aged Bomb, Noir and Vanilla Noir. Grabbed the Pirate and Vanilla. They charge more since it's mom and pop but it's nice to have a place I can fall back on for harder to find stuff when the big chains sell out fast.

Ruse was great. Make new friends in line every time I go. Was surprised there was so many people in line before I got there and then that so few after me though. Hardywood has been good about limits and stock numbers recently so I guess people know they don't have to wait in line, even if it can be fun.

Speaking of Stone, I've been trying the Enjoy By 02.14.17 of their Chocolate & Coffee IPA...it's alright but it's no Mocha IPA.

Also bought my 2nd 6-pack of Bell's Hopslam. It's probably my favorite IPA of all time...and I'm not a big fan of IPA.

Top Bottom