• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Began my keto diet this week. Tips welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcd

Skipping breakfast isn't as bad as it sounds once you get used to it. Most of the time I don't eat anything between dinner the previous night and about 2pm the next day when I have lunch.

I usually have a zero sugar Monster or Rockstar drink on the way to work or sometimes an iced coffee with no sugar and extra cream. Also drinking a lot of water while working helps.

Greddleok

Skip breakfast, do intermittent fasting. Gives you loads of energy.

I've tried it. The opposite is true. Coupled with the fact I LOVE breakfast. Easily my favourite meal of the day.
I don't think I can remember the last time I woke up and wasn't really hungry.

I've tried IF a couple of times, but all that happens is I get stronger cravings because I'm fucking hungry.

sappyday

I started this yesterday. I was feeling good until I just had my lunch and now I feel naseous, but full. I ate a slice of chicken breast with garlic salt on it and a side of vetables that were cooked in olive oil and butter. Earlier I had a egg omelette with spinach inside it.

I heard about the keto flu and I'm guessing this is what I'm experiencing, I am feeling a little bit better than how I was like 15 minutes ago.

I feel like the hardest part is knowing when you had enough fats and knowing when to stop on the protein side

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
You guys just try counting calories before resorting to this diet?

I had tried multiple times before discovering low carb in 2011. Never had much success and was constantly miserable when counting and restricting calories.

teaveee

My best advice is find foods that are low calorie that you enjoy, get a decent variety and stick with it. The first two weeks are always the worst but once your appetite adjusts and you stop caving to cravings then you're golden. I did CICO starting back in February and I've gone from 210 to 148. I'm currently trying to work my way back up to maintenance calories and it's actually hard to do since I got into such a routine with dieting. Stay determined and try your best not to cheat too bad.

HariKari

It's hard to overeat on Keto (protein and fat satiates) and you tend to make better choices by eliminating the most dangerous foods automatically via no carbs. Counting calories takes significantly more effort. But a ketogenic diet also induces a change in the body's preferred type of fuel, it's not an intake gimmick.

IceCold

It's hard to overeat on Keto (protein and fat satiates) and you tend to make better choices by eliminating the most dangerous foods automatically via no carbs. Counting calories takes significantly more effort. But a ketogenic diet also induces a change in the body's preferred type of fuel, it's not an intake gimmick.

I also think that with Keto you lose more fat than lean muscle weight as opposed to a high carb diet with a caloric deficit.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?

"resorting to this diet" lol. You act like its a punishable diet. It doesn't hurt to change your lifestyle for a few weeks to see how your body enjoys it or not. I'm 3-4 months into keto and CICO(I seriously find it hard to eat more than 2k calories with this diet) . I haven't felt this good ever in my life(was 250lb at my highest point in life) and now at 160 lb, my lifts are still great too. I'm not overzealous of carbs and have the occasional meal with carbs every other week.

Can't be afraid to try new things. Your body knows you better than anyone else, it's based on how you feel and the results you see! Here's a good quote from Tim Tebow.

"I usually eat until I'm full," he says. "I mean, you don't want to overdo it, but I think eating the right things is more important than portion control. If I'm eating the right things, they're going to fill me up with the right amount of fat and protein."

Been on Keto for over 2 months now and I've lost close to 30 pounds. I feel great, my cravings for junk food are no longer there and I'm starting to look better too. One of the things that helps when I do have a craving every now and then is peanut butter. I have a tablespoon of that, and the craving is gone. It's awesome.

Shredderi

Been doing this for almost a week now and I thought it was working because I lost 2kg of water from my body in a matter of days but then today I'm 1.5kg heavier than yesterday. I wonder what happened there.

T-Rex.

Banned
Been doing this for almost a week now and I thought it was working because I lost 2kg of water from my body in a matter of days but then today I'm 1.5kg heavier than yesterday. I wonder what happened there.
Weight always fluctuates, I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself on a daily basis or anything.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

The main thing to remember about eating like this for weight loss if its your first time is to consistently monitor yourself for ketosis. As long as you are in ketosis you are good.

Shredderi

The main thing to remember about eating like this for weight loss if its your first time is to consistently monitor yourself for ketosis. As long as you are in ketosis you are good.

Well I'm doing the whole 20g carbs/day so I think I should be good. We'll see I guess. I can always go to counting calories, that has worked for me in the past, but I wanted to try and see if I could get a bit of a boost to my start here.

HariKari

Weigh yourself first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom every day or not at all. You either want super consistent readings that you look at as a 7 day average or none at all. You can eat perfectly and gain weight, you can eat like garbage and drop 3 pounds overnight. Weight, especially water weight, will fluctuate a lot on a keto diet.

Why don't you cut out carbs AND eat low fat proteins?

I am down for replacing carb calories with protein calories but bacon and sausage with high blood pressure? C'mon now. Get your ass away from those saturated fats until you have lost some serious weight.

Fish and turkey are fun alternatives.

Shredderi

Weigh yourself first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom every day or not at all. You either want super consistent readings that you look at as a 7 day average or none at all. You can eat perfectly and gain weight, you can eat like garbage and drop 3 pounds overnight. Weight, especially water weight, will fluctuate a lot on a keto diet.

Yeah I use the standardized method of only weighing myself right after waking up and going to the bathroom. I know it's better to weigh myself once a week but I'm the kind of guy who kind of needs extra motivation at the beginning so seeing my weight going in the right direction is a good motivation to get me going :p Admittedly it can have the opposite effect when it seemingly goes to shit in the span of one day so maybe I really should just get rid of the habit.

Weight always fluctuates, I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself on a daily basis or anything.
I would. You need to monitor BUT you need to go into it with the thought that you are building a life style and it will take a while to see losses.

Also weigh yourself at the same time each day.

HariKari

I know it's better to weigh myself once a week but I'm the kind of guy who kind of needs extra motivation at the beginning so seeing my weight going in the right direction is a good motivation to get me going :p Admittedly it can have the opposite effect when it seemingly goes to shit in the span of one day so maybe I really should just get rid of the habit.

You need to do it everyday or not at all. It's possible for you to have lost 2 or 3 pounds last week and then when you weigh in, you are coming in high for some reason. That's why it's important to take 7 days worth of measurement and then average it, or to just skip weighing in altogether and go by how your clothes fit.

So yeah Keto is the ish...

I'm leaning more towards Plant-based Keto because I'm just not ok with what I learn about our meat and dairy industry and think it's really harmful long term. I try to find grass fed, organic, and go to places that are marketing sustainable farms and stuff but there's but so much investigating you can do. And outside of growing your own crops, no way to know completely.

So I eat meat mostly when I go out and buy it 1-2 a month at home. The goal is to get to Bible times lol and only have meat when it's a big celebration of some sorts. I still use chicken broth and grass fed butter, and occasionally goat cheese and egg whites, I'm not vegan, but I do think a mostly plant based diet is more healthy but it's harder to stick to Keto diets on just plants.

I need a bread replacement recipe like something made from almond flour or coconut, that would be a big help really. That's the only food item I really miss on Keto.

sappyday

I'm reaching the end of my second week. I bought the ketosticks that you pee on. It tells me that I'm in the large amount like around 10-15. However, this entire week I've been at the same weight since Sunday (that's my Monday). I lost around 10 pounds the first week from 279 to 269. Now I've been at 268 since Monday. I do weigh myself everyday just cause I want to know if I'm making some sort of progress. The biggest meals I've eaten these past few days are chicken breasts breaded in almond flour and then covered in buffalo sauce, it's a recipe I found online that specifically targets keto but besides that I've mainly eaten butter, eggs, bacon, avocados, and tuna with mayo. The first week I ate more veggies so maybe that has something to do with it?

I feel better though. I've been running 5 days a week and this week I'm finally able to run 30 minutes straight. According to the machine I burn 500 calories during one of these runs. I don't feel burned out by these runs cause I'm able to work just fine later on when I'm at work.

Just by some estimations I never eat more than 2000 calories. So I find it weird that I hit this plateau so soon. I'm probably doing something wrong.

People who are worried they aren't losing weight every day, or one day they gain, understand that weight is a tricky thing, food, sodium, time of the month can all attribute to this.
You need to do it everyday or not at all. It's possible for you to have lost 2 or 3 pounds last week and then when you weigh in, you are coming in high for some reason. That's why it's important to take 7 days worth of measurement and then average it, or to just skip weighing in altogether and go by how your clothes fit.

No reason not to weigh yourself once a week, after a while he will still end up seeing the weight go down. I do find people get extremely disappointed by the "plateau" once they begin to stop losing the water weight, but .5-2 lbs difference is normal and expected per week. I find a lot of people get discouraged after the first one or two months whoosh.

Been doing a ketogenic diet for two years now, love it for my inflammation, energy and mental health, the "cheat" days are still low carb foods. But the feeling the next day is like the worst hangover :(

I'm leaning more towards Plant-based Keto because I'm just not ok with what I learn about our meat and dairy industry and think it's really harmful long term. I try to find grass fed, organic, and go to places that are marketing sustainable farms and stuff but there's but so much investigating you can do. And outside of growing your own crops, no way to know completely.

So I eat meat mostly when I go out and buy it 1-2 a month at home. The goal is to get to Bible times lol and only have meat when it's a big celebration of some sorts. I still use chicken broth and grass fed butter, and occasionally goat cheese and egg whites, I'm not vegan, but I do think a mostly plant based diet is more healthy but it's harder to stick to Keto diets on just plants.

I need a bread replacement recipe like something made from almond flour or coconut, that would be a big help really. That's the only food item I really miss on Keto.
I was a strictly vegetarian keto diet for the first four months (was a vegetarian for 11 years prior). I can definitely send you some great bread recipes, check out ruled.me for his almond flour bread recipe.

This weekend I made cheesy garlic biscuits out of just eggs, cream cheese, and cream of tartar (cheese added after baking).
Here is the link to the gif recipe, I added rosemary and thyme before baking
cCnK1ez.gifv

Experiment with different flours, coconut flour, almond flour/meal, flax seed and coffee flour are great, I use a mixture of these when making pancakes. Coconut and Coffee flour are really dense and need a lot more moisture, meaning a lot more eggs, but I use them every weekend for pancakes!

HariKari

Just by some estimations I never eat more than 2000 calories. So I find it weird that I hit this plateau so soon. I'm probably doing something wrong.

You will still have water weight fluctuations after the initial drop due to fat cells emptying, then filling with water, then emptying again. There's no set pattern to this and many people experience what is referred to as a 'whoosh' where you drop four or five pounds overnight. Trust the math and the diet, and go by how your clothes fit if you are getting discouraged. The scale won't always be an accurate reflection of what is going on.

IceCold

Why don't you cut out carbs AND eat low fat proteins?

I am down for replacing carb calories with protein calories but bacon and sausage with high blood pressure? C'mon now. Get your ass away from those saturated fats until you have lost some serious weight.

Fish and turkey are fun alternatives.

Because:

1) If you do low carb + low fat, then you are doing a high protein diet which may kick you out of ketosis since your body will produce glucose from the protein.

2) Your meals will have no flavor without carbs or fat.

3) Your meals will be less filling

4) Fat is important and essential for you to be healthy. There's nothing wrong with saturated fats and eating them isn't gonna clog your arteries. In fact, you'll be surprised at your blood results after you ditch vegetable oils, trans fats, and cook with animals fats. Oils such as coconut oil being the exception or olive oil for dressing salads and such.

Only thing I will say is: eat high quality pieces of meat. Get your meat from the butcher if you can afford it and favor grass fed beef since they have a better omega 3/6 ratio than corn fed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq#wiki_what_are_the_different_kinds_of_fats.3F

AEREC

Ive been doing low carb for about 2 weeks so far (basically only having carbs at night) with decent results so far. I found that if I have carbs (rice or potatoes) for lunch during the day I become tired and lethargic shortly after 8 out of 10 times...really odd.

I think now Im going to start doing lazy-keto, by basically adding a bit more fat and removing the carbs at night. Basically my day usually looks like this:

Breakfast (5am) - 2 eggs over easy cooked in coconut oil, with cheddar cheese on top
11am - salmon burger (or cod filet) with veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash)
1pm - salmon burger (or cod filet) with veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash)
Dinner (7pm) - Freshly (kinda like Blue Apron) meals

Basically Im gonna remove the carb heavy sides from my Freshly meals, they usually come with a side of potatoes or rice or quinoa, and basically add more cheese and Mayo where I can. Just wondering if there's anything obvious that Im missing.

I was a strictly vegetarian keto diet for the first four months (was a vegetarian for 11 years prior). I can definitely send you some great bread recipes, check out ruled.me for his almond flour bread recipe.

This weekend I made cheesy garlic biscuits out of just eggs, cream cheese, and cream of tartar (cheese added after baking).
Here is the link to the gif recipe, I added rosemary and thyme before baking
cCnK1ez.gifv

Experiment with different flours, coconut flour, almond flour/meal, flax seed and coffee flour are great, I use a mixture of these when making pancakes. Coconut and Coffee flour are really dense and need a lot more moisture, meaning a lot more eggs, but I use them every weekend for pancakes!
Tks for this!! Much appreciated, gonna try them out this weekend.

"resorting to this diet" lol. You act like its a punishable diet. It doesn't hurt to change your lifestyle for a few weeks to see how your body enjoys it or not.

Can't be afraid to try new things. Your body knows you better than anyone else, it's based on how you feel and the results you see! Here's a good quote from Tim Tebow.

I hear you everyone is different. I just have a simplistic view of dieting and need to learn some alternatives. My thing is about sustainability of diets like this. How likely are you to continue this for the rest of your life? I find adjusting portion sizes and exercising are things that will always be available.

But, this seems like a dramatic solution and it's cutting a shitload of weight off of people. Glad it's working ... Just follow through !!

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Saw this in the thread about the bears dealing with climate change. Thought it was funny to see this thread right after that one.

Grizzly bears on Kodiak Island, Alaska, started eating berries instead of salmon because of climate change, according to a new study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.

William Deacy and Jonathan Armstrong, two ecologists from Oregon State University, studied grizzly bears on Kodiak Island for years. Each summer, they observed the bears eating large quantities of sockeye salmon until 2014, when bacteria began eating the salmon and the bears were nowhere to be found. The same occurred in 2015.

In early 2014, the researchers placed tracking collars on 15 bears and used them to discover the whereabouts of the bears in the summer. They found the bears were in the hills, and almost all were near elderberry bushes. Brown bears would usually eat salmon early in the summer and elderberries later in the year — beginning in late August and September — but warmer temperatures caused elderberries to ripen earlier than they usually would. The early ripening caused elderberries and salmon to be available at the same time.

The overlap in the availability of both foods left the bears choosing the berries each time. The researchers were at first baffled because salmon contains twice as much energy as elderberries. The bears would usually eat salmon to gain weight for winter, but were instead choosing a less caloric food.

A Kodiak bear at Taronga Park Zoo in Sydney, Australia January 17, 2007. Researchers discovered Kodiak bears in Kodiak Island, Alaska started eating elderberries instead of salmon during the summer months because both foods were available at the same time and berries gave them more protein. Photo: Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images

“An earlier berry crop shut down one of the most iconic predator-prey scenes in nature,” Armstrong said. “As climate change reschedules ecosystems, species that were once separated in time are now getting a chance to interact — in this case the berries, bears and salmon. This is going to have large impacts that are hard to predict.”

If animals overload on protein, they lose weight,
according to a 2014 study on macronutrient optimization and energy maximization in brown bears. Elderberries contained less protein than salmon. By focusing on eating elderberries, bears could gain weight as quickly as possible.

“It’s essentially like if breakfast and lunch were served at the same time and then there is nothing to eat until dinner,” Deacy said. “You have to choose between breakfast and lunch because you can only eat so much at a time.”

Red elderberries ripen two and a half days earlier each decade. The new study said if the trend continues, berries will completely overlap with sockeye salmon by 2070.

“It is a strange, indirect effect of climate change. These bears eat dozens of different foods throughout the year, but now two of them are overlapping,” Deacy said. “This is causing disruption in the food web that could have profound implications for the ecology of the island.”

Izayoi

Banned
I hear you everyone is different. I just have a simplistic view of dieting and need to learn some alternatives. My thing is about sustainability of diets like this. How likely are you to continue this for the rest of your life?
I've been on keto for months now. It's not as restrictive as it seems at first. Chest days/meals are not going to kill you or cause a huge weight gain event.

You can still eat carbs, you just need to moderate. I've been pretty good about staying under 20g, but on off days I can still go as high as 100 and not kick out of keto.

It's by far the most sustainable diet I've ever tried.

Chris R

Only thing I will say is: eat high quality pieces of meat. Get your meat from the butcher if you can afford it and favor grass fed beef since they have a better omega 3/6 ratio than corn fed.

This is the only thing I wish I could do currently. Just too expensive for me to justify it right now :(

I do purchase all of my fresh meat from the local butcher and supplement it with stuff like frozen chicken thighs from Costco.

Damaniel

Banned
I'm reaching the end of my second week. I bought the ketosticks that you pee on. It tells me that I'm in the large amount like around 10-15. However, this entire week I've been at the same weight since Sunday (that's my Monday). I lost around 10 pounds the first week from 279 to 269. Now I've been at 268 since Monday. I do weigh myself everyday just cause I want to know if I'm making some sort of progress. The biggest meals I've eaten these past few days are chicken breasts breaded in almond flour and then covered in buffalo sauce, it's a recipe I found online that specifically targets keto but besides that I've mainly eaten butter, eggs, bacon, avocados, and tuna with mayo. The first week I ate more veggies so maybe that has something to do with it?

I did keto many years ago and ran into the same issue. There will always be plateaus, but eventually you'll break through. Daily weigh-ins can be kind of depressing since the fluctuations can give the impression that you're not making progress - I tended to stick to weighing a couple times a week.

EDIT: Also, I sadly started to let myself go over the last decade so I've been planning to take up keto again in a few weeks with my wife (we'd start now, but we have a foreign visitor and don't want to impose our diet on him while he's here).

Is peanut butter keto, it's healthy fat and protein? Also I totally just ate two spoonfuls because I had a headache from my first day back on the keto diet.

The family and I went to a hot air balloon festival tonight how I stayed strong in the funnel cake line and while carrying a pizza for my family I will never know.

Is peanut butter keto, it's healthy fat and protein? Also I totally just ate two spoonfuls because I had a headache from my first day back on the keto diet.

The family and I went to a hot air balloon festival tonight how I stayed strong in the funnel cake line and while carrying a pizza for my family I will never know.

Im on Keto and have peanut butter, just don't over do it because 2 tablespoons has 6 net carbs.

Well damn I should have stopped at one then. Lol held out till the end now I'm in bed, only five more minutes...

Well in general, you can have up to 20 carbs a day. You don't have to have 0. The goal is to just stay in ketosis, which allows your body to crave fat and not carbs. This state allows your body to tap into your energy reserves you have on your body, and thus, you don't have to eat right away and don't get those intense hunger pains that carbs can give.

Some people can have 30 a day and stay in it. As you go, you will learn when you go in and out of it. You will feel "different", a little bit like you are now. So in the future, if you have a lot of carbs during a meal, you are going to feel bad. This feeling trains you to not go down that road often.

Just keep at it and you will be off and running and free.

Well in general, you can have up to 20 carbs a day. You don't have to have 0. The goal is to just stay in ketosis, which allows your body to crave fat and not carbs. This state allows your body to tap into your energy reserves you have on your body, and thus, you don't have to eat right away and don't get those intense hunger pains that carbs can give.

Some people can have 30 a day and stay in it. As you go, you will learn when you go in and out of it. You will feel "different", a little bit like you are now. So in the future, if you have a lot of carbs during a meal, you are going to feel bad. This feeling trains you to not go down that road often.

Just keep at it and you will be off and running and free.
Ah makes more sense now okay well I will keep cracking at it and I appreciate the info, as well as the support.
I had cold brew black coffee today nothing in it for bfast

Fist sized serving of chicken and leafy greens for lunch

Some watermelon and mango with chili powder and tea with almond milk at the event

Came home with a headache and ate half a serving of the chicken from before and two spoons of peanut butter.
I never felt hungry unless actually around the bad food ie. The hot air balloon event.

sam12

Hey can you provide a typical menu of what you eat on this plant based keto in a day? Really curious and looking to dive into this

Ah makes more sense now okay well I will keep cracking at it and I appreciate the info, as well as the support.

Some watermelon and mango with chili powder and tea with almond milk at the event

Came home with a headache and ate half a serving of the chicken from before and two spoons of peanut butter.
I never felt hungry unless actually around the bad food ie. The hot air balloon event.

If you are doing Keto you need to eat more fat. Find some cheese or something, and eat it.

What you ate today is more of a low carb day than anything else. and low carb is kinda miserable without backing it up with fat. The mango and watermelon and peanut butter all have some carbs. The chicken will have protein. The fattiest t thing you had today was almond milk, which is not enough, and may explain the craving you hada late at night to consume something.

If you are doing Keto you need to eat more fat. Find some cheese or something, and eat it.

What you ate today is more of a low carb day than anything else. and low carb is kinda miserable without backing it up with fat. The mango and watermelon and peanut butter all have some carbs. The chicken will have protein. The fattiest t thing you had today was almond milk, which is not enough, and may explain the craving you hada late at night to consume something.
This makes a lot more sense obviously if you can't tell I didn't have a big or even solid plan but I have been wanting to do it, off to get some cheese.

Shredderi

I like chicken but it has a pretty damn low fat count, so any ideas how to maybe replace it? Getting real slow results with this even though I've been keeping my carbs a bit under 20g so I'm trying to reduce some proteins and increase fats. If that doesn't do it then maybe I need to eat less than 1500kcal per day. Though at that point might as well eat whatever again but stick to low calories I guess.

Mook1e

Hi Keto bros...and bro-ettes.

If you don't know about them, check out the youtube channels:

Headbanger's Kitchen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/HeadbangersKitchen

and

Keto Connect
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzRYivTpUQ0r2qPPjfLoQiA

for lots of great recipes, tips, and advice.

Also, for more recipes and a Keto from a lifter/bodybuilder perspective, check out

Keto Savage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Kruzu5RooRBcsqNw4dTXg

Keto Ice Cream, chocolate cake, naan, crackers, Fat Head Pizza!

Mook1e

If you're trying keto to lose lots of body fat, you should also count your calories and macros using myfitnesspal. You can enter the macro-nutrient percentages for keto and know if you're eating right.
Make sure your peanut butter is all natural with pretty much peanuts and salt as the only ingredients, otherwise it'll be full of sugar.
Don't eat mango on keto. It's pretty much all sugar (with a little, but not enough, fiber)

Mook1e

I like chicken but it has a pretty damn low fat count, so any ideas how to maybe replace it? Getting real slow results with this even though I've been keeping my carbs a bit under 20g so I'm trying to reduce some proteins and increase fats. If that doesn't do it then maybe I need to eat less than 1500kcal per day. Though at that point might as well eat whatever again but stick to low calories I guess.
Make sure you eat the more fatty cuts of chicken (Thighs, Wings, Legs) and cook with butter and/or olive oil....lol, or bacon fat. Always eat the skin.
I wouldn't go much lower than 1500kcal per day, particularly if you're also becoming more active.

Shredderi

Make sure you eat the more fatty cuts of chicken (Thighs, Wings, Legs) and cook with butter and/or olive oil....lol, or bacon fat. Always eat the skin.
I wouldn't go much lower than 1500kcal per day, particularly if you're also becoming more active.

Thanks man, I'll look into it. I just want to get the ball really rolling already since I'm very fat and feel like I shouldn't struggle this early :)

Thanks man, I'll look into it. I just want to get the ball really rolling already since I'm very fat and feel like I shouldn't struggle this early :)

The first month or so might be hard, but every time you feel like your going to break, find an alternative to what you want to eat. So if you really want pasta, find a low carb spaghetti sauce and just eat it with some chicken or make zucchini noodles noodles.

I also recommend fat bombs with some peanut butter and whipped cream

Mook1e

The first month or so might be hard, but every time you feel like your going to break, find an alternative to what you want to eat. So if you really want pasta, find a low carb spaghetti sauce and just eat it with some chicken or make zucchini noodles noodles.

I also recommend fat bombs with some peanut butter and whipped cream
Co-sign
Check out the youtube links i posted for kitchen hacks (alternatives) for many foods.
If you make keto versions of food you're used to it goes a long way.
Dropping calories to low will be counterproductive.
People aren't made out of weight. We're made of lean body mass, fat, water. You want to lose fat and spare your lean body mass. Your lean body mass is the machine that burns your calories. If you reduce the machine, you don't burn as many calories, so you may lose 'weight' but in the long run not only do you have the same amount of fat, but you burn less calories and will retain/gain fat easier.
We all want to lose the fat now, but to do it naturally in a healthy way, it has to he gradual.

So, been doing keto for little over a month now. I'm down around 28 pounds (give or take), feel better, have more energy, got rid of my linger plantar fasciitis. So far, so good! My wife is doing it, too, and has seen some good weight loss, too.

Any tips on sticking to keto when you travel? I'm about to embark on a month and a half set of business trips to Singapore, Australia, India, Indonesia and Thailand. I'm dreading thinking about how I'm gonna stick with the diet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom