• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Began my keto diet this week. Tips welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HariKari

Any tips on sticking to keto when you travel? I'm about to embark on a month and a half set of business trips to Singapore, Australia, India, Indonesia and Thailand. I'm dreading thinking about how I'm gonna stick with the diet...

Salad with meat is a pretty safe bet most of the time. Vegetarian options are also your friend. You should be able to find stuff like satay pretty easily.

Look into Keto Meal by Americanmetabolix. 210 cals in one scoop, F/ 17.5g, C/ 2.8g, and P/10.5g. The taste isn't that great, but this is ideal if you have a busy schedule.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
So, been doing keto for little over a month now. I'm down around 28 pounds (give or take), feel better, have more energy, got rid of my linger plantar fasciitis. So far, so good! My wife is doing it, too, and has seen some good weight loss, too.

Any tips on sticking to keto when you travel? I'm about to embark on a month and a half set of business trips to Singapore, Australia, India, Indonesia and Thailand. I'm dreading thinking about how I'm gonna stick with the diet...

28 pounds in a month is amazing.
Wifey and I have also been doing it for the last 4 months, we've lost a combines 75 pounds, and it's great to not have any temptations in the house.

If you haven't been to those countries before, you're going to miss out on trying some incredible foods. You should be fine with salads, burgers, steak, seafood, but it''ll be expensive, so hopefully you get a nice per diem.

We took a recent trip and took a break from Keto. For a week it was great, other than the uncontrollable farting, and then it got progressively worse till we got back on a week later.

DarkKyo

Been doing this about a week and a half with my girlfriend. It's so hard to not be hungry during the day and even harder to think of something for breakfast that isn't egg-related or an avacado. Dinner's okay so far but I already tire of using a lot of the same ingredients. I'm pretty bored with it but I'm going to try to stick it out for awhile to see what results are like. Not really overweight but I'm kind of interested to see if I can get rid of some of my "skinny fat" this way.

Thing I miss most is cereal. I'd do anything for a regular old bowl of cereal...

Korey

What's the difference between this and low carb?

Same thing.

Been doing this about a week and a half with my girlfriend. It's so hard to not be hungry during the day and even harder to think of something for breakfast that isn't egg-related or an avacado. Dinner's okay so far but I already tire of using a lot of the same ingredients. I'm pretty bored with it but I'm going to try to stick it out for awhile to see what results are like. Not really overweight but I'm kind of interested to see if I can get rid of some of my "skinny fat" this way.

Thing I miss most is cereal. I'd do anything for a regular old bowl of cereal...

You shouldn't be hungry on keto. It means you're not eating enough.

You might need more fat in your meals if you're getting hungry.

Look into getting some CarbQuik. I make biscuits with sausage gravy, pancakes, and chicken fried steak with it, and it's keto friendly. Ms Butterworth's sugar free maple syrup is also great if you make said pancakes. Low carb tortillas and flatbread are great for wraps and keto white pizzas.

There's also CarbRite brownie mix if you want an easy, tasty dessert that isn't HaloTop.

Amagon

Don't know if I should open up a new thread but I'm embracing a change with my lifestyle and would like to see what is Keto all about.

Any readings, suggestions to go about doing this?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not to highjack the thread but I also started my Keto diet yesterday, and would also apreciate some tips. Day 1 was fine (I had to go out to do shopping so I tried to hit out as keto-friendly as possible, settled on some shoarma with just a salad, so no rice or fries as usual, it was just the meat and the salad, at dinner I made some beef with an assortment of veggies and it was quite good), day 2 was...mostly fine (had some scrambled eggs with bacon for breakfast, a tuna salad for lunch), but I've hit a snag.

Cauliflower comes up a lot as the go-to keto vegetable to replace a lot of side dishes (like rice for example), so I tried to make some "cauliflower rice" as the internet calls it, to have with some steaks for dinner, and man... there was some gag-reflex going on there :(

Now, im a grown ass man, so I bit the bullet and ate it, but yeah, it didnt sit well with me. Now, this is day 2, and I have a bunch of vegetables to try (when all fails regular ol' lettuce salad works wonders I guess and that I love), but yeah, think i'll have to scratch that one off the book, at least until I find some way to cook it so it loses the taste that makes me gag >_>

I've cut off all bread, rice, pasta etc, only drinking water or coffee, hell I even cut sugar from my coffee (actually quite easy to do much to my surprise), and I still think its a "easy" diet to do, but I need to figure out a way around these "snags".

steve9842016

Neo Member
not to highjack the thread but I also started my Keto diet yesterday, and would also apreciate some tips. Day 1 was fine (I had to go out to do shopping so I tried to hit out as keto-friendly as possible, settled on some shoarma with just a salad, so no rice or fries as usual, it was just the meat and the salad, at dinner I made some beef with an assortment of veggies and it was quite good), day 2 was...mostly fine (had some scrambled eggs with bacon for breakfast, a tuna salad for lunch), but I've hit a snag.

Cauliflower comes up a lot as the go-to keto vegetable to replace a lot of side dishes (like rice for example), so I tried to make some "cauliflower rice" as the internet calls it, to have with some steaks for dinner, and man... there was some gag-reflex going on there :(

Now, im a grown ass man, so I bit the bullet and ate it, but yeah, it didnt sit well with me. Now, this is day 2, and I have a bunch of vegetables to try (when all fails regular ol' lettuce salad works wonders I guess and that I love), but yeah, think i'll have to scratch that one off the book, at least until I find some way to cook it so it loses the taste that makes me gag >_>

I've cut off all bread, rice, pasta etc, only drinking water or coffee, hell I even cut sugar from my coffee (actually quite easy to do much to my surprise), and I still think its a "easy" diet to do, but I need to figure out a way around these "snags".

What's your daily net carb intake?

I've done keto twice now and am currently on my second time around (my girlfriend and I are a little over 2 months in, lost 40+ lbs combined so far).

The first week or so will be rough and you might get the keto flu. Stock up on salty things, use electrolyte water enhancers, get some bouillon cubes (I use vegetable ones), and make sure you're drinking enough water (at least a half gallon, but shoot for a gallon).

You'll drop your water weight very quickly. You'll also be peeing a lot, which is where you'll lose a lot of valuable minerals and start to feel shitty/out of it if you're not keeping up with your salt intake.

Once your body adjusts (can take several weeks), you'll settle into ketosis and feel great. It really is amazing how quickly the weight comes off, especially in hard to burn places. It's also just an overall great feeling. I don't get hunger pangs much, I don't crave sweets at all, and I'm much more mentally focused/alert. Be careful in the gym for the first month, as you can really overexert yourself easily. Also watch out for the keto rash, I'm currently dealing with it right now. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it is pretty annoying.

Damaniel

Banned
My wife and I started keto 2 weeks ago. I'm 38, massively overweight (6', 290ish before starting) and on blood pressure meds, with a series of relatives on my mom's side that all got diabetes in their 40s. I recently did a 23andme/Promethease workup that showed I have lots of genetic markers associated with good longevity (as shown by my dad's side of the family, where everyone seems to live into their 80s and beyond), and decided I don't want to squander that by going on as I have been diet and activity-wise for the last decade.

Everything's going well so far - I confirm daily that I'm still in ketosis, make sure to tally carbs (I try to stick to about 20/day, plus or minus a couple), and prepare a lot more of my own food. I'm down 11 pounds so far and she's down about 8. Of course, I have about 100 to go, but progress is progress.

I haven't told my doctor yet - he's a strong believer in the Dash Diet and pretty much considers any other way of eating either bad, a gimmick or both. One of my issues with that has always been hunger - if I eat predominantly carbs, regardless of their form, then I'm pretty much always hungry - that's definitely not been an issue with keto. I guess I'll see what he thinks when I come in a few months from now.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Here's a tip:

Every single diet fad since I was born in 1970 has been a fad that lasted a decade at most before people realized there was an underlying problem or it was bunk and it either evolved into the next fad or died faster than its adherents.

Some of them are based on more or less sound principles and others are reactive junk with serious flaws.

HariKari

Here's a tip:

Every single diet fad since I was born in 1970 has been a fad that lasted a decade at most before people realized there was an underlying problem or it was bunk and it either evolved into the next fad or died faster than its adherents.

Some of them are based on more or less sound principles and others are reactive junk with serious flaws.

In that case, it's a good thing keto has been around for decades and used by the medical community.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Here's a tip:

What about lasting a century?

If you have doubts you could always try it out yourself. If you arent overweight you can compare your blood work results from before and after to see if its beneficial to you.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
45lbs lost since Spring so far. I eat carbs every now and then and I physically feel horrible after. Ketosis is an amazing state.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I would CERTAINLY consult with a doctor before embarking on a keto diet.

Only if you're on a plethora of medication or have diabetes and are supplementing insulin, etc. Otherwise, there is absolutely zero evidence of it being dangerous for anyone.

If you're just overweight and want to get healthy, there is no reason not to give it a try.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just because doctors prescribe a certain treatment doesn't mean it's safe for everyone to use on their own.

This is a ridiculous way of viewing the diet. There is absolutely nothing about eschewing carbohydrates that would be unsafe to human beings.

Bacon and eggs are your best friends. Get sausage with few carbs from the grocery store for easy dinner. Carbsense tortillas have 5g net carbs for a large and 3 for a small, to change up some meals with tacos or whatnot. Broccoli and cheese is an easy side. R/ketorecipes and ruled.me are also great resources for recipes. Try and limit yourself to 25g of net carbs in a day, or buy Keto Sticks that you can pee on to test how many carbs your body can consume and stay in keto. Coffee with butter or heavy cream makes a great snack. Stay hydrated and make sure you get enough salt. Bone broth is also a good snack to ward off keto flu. Avocados are amazing.

Don't listen to the naysayers. I've been on keto for 7 months and lost 40 pounds, and that's with going on cruises and going ham over the holidays. My bro has lost over 60. My bloodwork has never looked better.

Your new best friends for eating out are Wingstop and any BBQ joint. Bone in wings with the right sauces have next to no carbs. Moist brisket, pulled pork, sausage, and cheese are all ok on keto. Burrito bowls that avoid carbs are good, too. Dump ranch and queso in that sucker and you're good to go.

MrFlooD

Any insight would be appreciated. I become Keto adept after about 3 months. Before becoming adept weight loss was going smooth. (20 pounds in the three months)

Since becoming adept, weight loss has slowed to a crawl. Haven't lost a pound in over a month.

I have been on a 25% deficit since the start.

Any ideas how to get weight loss kick started again?

Thanks,

Chris R

Any insight would be appreciated. I become Keto adept after about 3 months. Before becoming adept weight loss was going smooth. (20 pounds in the three months)

Since becoming adept, weight loss has slowed to a crawl. Haven't lost a pound in over a month.

Thanks,

As strange as it sounds, try a cheat day or two. Nothing obscene, but dropping out of and then getting back into ketosis has helped me break a stall before.

sunofsam

Thanks,
Look into a cheat day followed by intermittent fasting.

MrFlooD

As strange as it sounds, try a cheat day or two. Nothing obscene, but dropping out of and then getting back into ketosis has helped me break a stall before.

Thanks for the quick replies. Step 1 compete, had 2 cheat days this weekend for the first time. Now I am doing two days of fasting before jumping back in.

Love Keto, but if weight loss doesn't kick in again, I'll have to change plans.

True Fire

I was on keto all summer and it was one of the greatest periods of my life. My brain was clear, and I felt totally free from hunger and impulses.

I ended up giving it a rest for the winter though. I figured with Thanksgiving and Christmas it would be more trouble than what it’s worth. I wasn’t doing it for weight loss, as I’m pretty physically active to begin with.

I’m hoping to jump back on the train in the spring maybe. I loved that high energy feeling. And even now, carbs make me feel kind of sick. I had a small rice dish for dinner and I’m bloated as hell lol.

FyreWulff

This is a ridiculous way of viewing the diet. There is absolutely nothing about eschewing carbohydrates that would be unsafe to human beings.

Ketosis can literally kill you if you have type 1 diabetes and can cause many other problems in non-diabetic people. Consult with a goddamn doctor before starting it.

Arment

I've lost an average of 2.5 lbs a week for 16 weeks on the diet.

I do OMAD as well. Roughly 1400 calories a day and I meet all my macros. Never felt better!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ketosis can literally kill you if you have type 1 diabetes and can cause many other problems in non-diabetic people. Consult with a goddamn doctor before starting it.

No, it will not kill you unless you are supplementing insulin, which you likely are if you have type 1. Plenty of folks with type 1 diabetes use keto/ultra-low-carb to as an alternative to medicine. YES, people with that condition should consult their doctors, but they are almost certainly regularly consulting their doctors in the first place.

There are no other problems for non-diabetic people unless they are taking some specific medications. If you're just someone who is overweight and wants to do something about it, there is absolutely no risk. You're just posting a bunch of fear-mongering nonsense with no basis in reality.

Carbohydrates are simply not essential.

HariKari

Thanks for the quick replies. Step 1 compete, had 2 cheat days this weekend for the first time. Now I am doing two days of fasting before jumping back in.

Love Keto, but if weight loss doesn't kick in again, I'll have to change plans.

A cheat day is a roundabout way of performing a refeed. On a low carb diet, after enough weeks, you will adapt to it hormonally and it will lose some of its power. The answer to this is to perform a refeed. It usually takes the form of eating a lot of carbs while keeping the fat content relatively low.

Griss

Did keto for a month back in March and lost 10 pounds pretty easily. Felt great too - no more 3pm crashes at work. I have been eating like a beast in the 6 months since but didn't even put back all that weight - which is a hell of a result after living off of pizza, pasta and ice cream and eating whatever I wanted - especially in the month surrounding Hurricane Irma where I was too stressed to even think about eating right.

So I'm gonna do another month of it again, and started today. So far so good - it's a diet that naturally suits me. If I recall correctly, days 3-5 were when the cravings were at their worst last time but I know I can push through it easily enough because I've done it before which I'm hoping will make it even easier this time.

Starting from 6'1, 180lbs, would love to be sub-170 for the first time in my life by mid-November. Would be pretty squarely in the middle of the healthy weight range. What's best of all is that as a guy who spent his whole twenties north of 220 lbs (not fun, not fun at all) I've been below 185 lbs for over a year now. I read somewhere that if you keep weight off for over a year, that weight becomes your body's new 'baseline'. Considering how I behaved over the last 6 months - which I expected would have added 20 lbs to me - and seeing as my weight hardly moved, maybe there's something to it.

DamnBoxes

Did keto for a month back in March and lost 10 pounds pretty easily. Felt great too - no more 3pm crashes at work. I have been eating like a beast in the 6 months since but didn't even put back all that weight - which is a hell of a result after living off of pizza, pasta and ice cream and eating whatever I wanted - especially in the month surrounding Hurricane Irma where I was too stressed to even think about eating right.

So I'm gonna do another month of it again, and started today. So far so good - it's a diet that naturally suits me. If I recall correctly, days 3-5 were when the cravings were at their worst last time but I know I can push through it easily enough because I've done it before which I'm hoping will make it even easier this time.

Starting from 6'1, 180lbs, would love to be sub-170 for the first time in my life by mid-November. Would be pretty squarely in the middle of the healthy weight range. What's best of all is that as a guy who spent his whole twenties north of 220 lbs (not fun, not fun at all) I've been below 185 lbs for over a year now. I read somewhere that if you keep weight off for over a year, that weight becomes your body's new 'baseline'. Considering how I behaved over the last 6 months - which I expected would have added 20 lbs to me - and seeing as my weight hardly moved, maybe there's something to it.

What have been your go-to meals / foods while doing keto?

Griss

What have been your go-to meals / foods while doing keto?

These are the dinners I line up:
Beef:
Fillet Steak
Lettuce Tacos
Steak Stir Fry
Lettuce Bun Cheeseburgers

Chicken:
Chicken Parmesan (without the breading)
Chicken Stir-Fry

Pork:
Spare Ribs
Pork Tenderloin (either roast whole or cut into medallions and fried)
Italian Sausages

Fish:
Salmon
Mahi-mahi
Yellowtail Snapper

Other:
Roast Lamb

For sides I tend to do a rocket/arugula salad with parmesan shavings, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

For snacks I do cold meats (chorizo, jamon, lomo, salami, proscuitto etc) and mozzarella.
I also allow myself a couple sticks of gum a day for a bit of sweetness, and I make no-sugar jello when I want desert. I believe the sweetener in the jello can spike your insulin (or something) but it's not actually got any carbs in it, iirc.

I tried fathead pizza and all this other shite, but it's too complicated for an inferior version of what you're already missing. Whereas with my meals, you just slap some meat on a pan and it's what I'd want to eat anyway, just with my typical carb-loaded side (pasta, rice, potatoes) replaced with a salad.

As for lunch, I really just have a small snack, but:
-3 Egg Omelette with onion, ham and cheddar (and a tablespoon of whipping cream mixed in)
-Salad (as above)
-Bacon (about 6 thick cut slices)
-Cold meats (as above)
-Mozzarella
-Breakfast sausages
-Rotisserie chicken
-Tuna salad

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really bummed out today. I'm now on day 6 and everything is / was going fine. I had my initial problem with cauliflower but I discovered green beans and spinach, both of which at the very least I don't mind. I've been eating eggs and bacon in a variety of ways every Day, and for proper meals steak (cow or pork) and chicken with various veggies, most of the time just throw everything in a skillet with some spices and it's surprisingly good.

Completely off all carbs I used to eat every day: haven't had bread, milk, cereal, pasta, rice or potatoes in 6 days.

So why am I bummed? I found out that the Greek yogurt I've been eating has a ton of carbs :/

It literally has 20g per cup. Thats the fucking amount you're supposed to aim for daily right? Sigh such a rookie mistake not looking at the information on the label (which I now do religiously). I inly had one a day and not even every day but still, if that's 20g right there on the days I did have them, I already fucked up.

Oh well, its not the end of the world nor am I discouraged from continuing, I guess at the end of the day I inly related getting into Ketosis right? /shrug

Still bummed out :(

HariKari

So why am I bummed? I found out that the Greek yogurt I've been eating has a ton of carbs :/

It literally has 20g per cup. Thats the fucking amount you're supposed to aim for daily right? Sigh such a rookie mistake not looking at the information on the label (which I now do religiously). I inly had one a day and not even every day but still, if that's 20g right there on the days I did have them, I already fucked up.

In one sitting, that'd probably be enough to knock you out of ketosis, but you would go back in relatively quickly. You'd be surprised at the amount of sugar, both natural and artificial, in foods that are considered 'healthy'. Always check the labels.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Forget caring about being in ketosis. Just focus on keeping your carbs as low as possible while allowing you to enjoy eating and still keep your weight in check. People get so hung up with min maxing and doing things perfectly. You'll be OK as long as you're mostly there.

Rhaknar

In one sitting, that'd probably be enough to knock you out of ketosis, but you would go back in relatively quickly. You'd be surprised at the amount of sugar, both natural and artificial, in foods that are considered 'healthy'. Always check the labels.

It was one of those "fool me one shame on you" things, like I said now I check religiously.

They are tiny cups too ;_; 120ml or whatever it is :/

Hopefully considering everything else I've followed correctly (I could probably use more fat I dunno) it didn't so too much dmg and like you said I went back in Ketosis fast.

Still :(

farmerboy

1st cheat day (actually more like one cheat meal) in 4 wks and I feel horrible. Worth it though ;-)

Have lost 8kg in 4 wks (with almost zero excercise) so thought why not.

Next week will be the first where I excercise for 20min each day. I'll be interested to see how much weight I drop.

Forget caring about being in ketosis. Just focus on keeping your carbs as low as possible while allowing you to enjoy eating and still keep your weight in check. People get so hung up with min maxing and doing things perfectly. You'll be OK as long as you're mostly there.

This is how I plan to eat/act going forward once I hit my goal weight. Trying to get there though, I feel like I need to be stricter. In the least it'll help get me there quicker.

My wife and I started this diet 7 weeks ago. I was 230 lbs when I started, and hovering around 200, now. First week was rough. I'd gone cold turkey on sodas before, and didn't even get a headache. Day 2 of Keto, and I'm pretty sure I got a taste of what going through withdrawal is like. Felt like I was dying for about 3 days. Powered through it, and feeling better than I have in a long time. About 2 weeks ago, I couldn't use my CPAP. Have less sleep problems now than I did with it. I am starting to stall out, though. Been avoiding a cheat day, because I haven't wanted to go through my first week symptoms again, trying to get back into ketosis afterward.

HariKari

Been avoiding a cheat day, because I haven't wanted to go through my first week symptoms again, trying to get back into ketosis afterward.

The symptoms are usually less intense if you are already adapted to life without carbs and then have a single cheat day. If you are exercising at all it can actually be relatively seamless.

McLovin

Here's a tip:

It has its benefits even if you don’t do it long term. For one I found out I had a mild wheat allergy. Basically it caused slight inflammation which in turn gave me arthritis like pain in my joints. I didn’t notice it until I started this job with manual labor. I had to drop keto because I was burning 4-5k calories easily. Months later I was in pain all day all the time. I didn’t gain any weight from going off keto because of the job but I decided to try it again. After one day all the pain went away. I was in shock. I tested it out thinking maybe it was the sugar and nope, just wheat.
Another benefit is that after about 6-8 weeks (My first time) sugar cravings reset. Things like cake and icecream did nothing for me. I even preferred my coffee without sugar. Even when I went back to it I would only put a little because that’s all I could take. If I bought something like Oreos(I wouldn’t) I could eat a cookie or two and just stop there. Before I would go through the whole big pack in one night.

The symptoms are usually less intense if you are already adapted to life without carbs and then have a single cheat day. If you are exercising at all it can actually be relatively seamless.

Thanks for the advice! I really haven't been exercising at all. Started to walk, with the intent of building up to jogging for cardio. Did something to my foot at work, and I'm in insurance limbo at the moment, so that's been put on hold for a bit.

Rhaknar

1 week down yesterday, still going fine. Discovered spinash, its awesome, goes on salad with lettuce you dont even notice and ive been putting it in omelets and its gret.

I havent weighted myself, said I would do it after 1 month, but it was a bit chilly yesterday so I wore a sweatshirt that is usually a little tight, and it felt looser than I remember, and I wore it over a t-shirt. Probably just plcebo effect tho lol.

Oh and btw, my whole greek yogurt fisco, I decided to look in the supermarket for real greek yogurt and I found some real / premium one, and it has fuck all carbs (like 4 per 100ml compared to the 20 the other had lol >_<).

edit: also made this last night, slightly adjusted because we dont have some of that stuff here (I couldnt find jalapenos anyware and we dont have that franks red hot sauce so I used some other hot sauce) and it was fantastic :eek:

This 100% I’m pretty sure I’ve not been in Ketosis for the past month now, but I generally just cut back on Carbs and probably don’t don’t go over 50g a day. Pretty sure I haven’t gained any weight back since doing the more intense and strict 20g carb days.

I want long term diets I can stick to forever, and not being able to eat a banana, potato, quinoa (my favorite!) and mango once in a while is not a long term diet for me as those are some of my favorite foods. So basically now I just carb cycle, fast 4 out of 7 days of the week until noon or later, and try to eat low carbs in general all the time because it’s really a more balanced way of eating. Healthy fats, veggies and protein should outweigh your plate versus starchy grains. I go high fat/low carb particularly on days I know I’m not working out in any way, and if I ever over due it on the weekend like eat a crossant with the wife, I just fast the next day and run in fasting state and I feel light as a feather again.

Going to keep moving forward with this, next goal is to see my abs more clearly.

IceCold

Working out is a great way of increasing the amount of carbs you can eat on a given day while still staying in ketosis. I’ve done 30km bike rides and then eaten cake, rice, beer all in the same day while still being in ketosis afterwards (measured hours later with ketone strips). I think the idea is that if you completely deplete your glycogen storage and your body receives carbs it will use the glucose to fill them up right away instead of using them for energy. So your body is still using fat as energy somehow. I’ll have to do research on this since I’m not sure if that’s what’s happening but it’s pretty cool.

But one misconception of keto is people think ketones are your main source of energy. That’s not the case, fatty acids aka triglycerides are. That’s why ldl goes up for 1/3 of people who go low carb (ldl is used to transport triglycerides). Ketones are only used for cells that can’t use fatty acids such as your brain cells.

KodaRuss

I actually just started this yesterday and then I got a stomach bug from my wife today so I feel like shit.

Anyway I am committed to dropping this extra weight.

I am
6'4
260 (I would like to get to 225 but we'll see)
32 years old
Somewhat active but not much gym time right now. My 2 year old son gives me most of my activity right now (we run around, go on walks and dance a lot together haha)

IceCold

http://foodmed.net/2017/10/17/dr-evelyne-bourdua-roy-canada-tim-noakes/

"Dubeau echoes Strydom and ADSA’s views on LCHF diets and support for orthodox low-fat, high-carb diets. She dismisses LCHF as “fashionable”, in other words, a fad. She also calls LCHF ineffective and dangerous."

Caroline Dubeau is head of Dietitians of Canada, Quebec:

HxMkJ1p.png

The irony.

Shredderi

I'm now about 8-9 weeks down and I've lost 8kg so about 1kg per week. But I don't think I've been in ketosis at all. I think it's all due to calorie counting. My carbs are in the 10-20g/day but I've not experienced any changes to how I feel at any point and the little sticks you test your keto levels shows only as the second lightest tone. I'm not complaining but it makes me wonder why my body resists ketosis so vehemently. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom