• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Yonafunu

I guess I don't want to google Queen's Blade then...

Do it.

wlHvR.gif

Necrovex

il do it............

umm..... what am i supposed to be shocked at??

It'll set in soon...
Queen's Blade is essentially heavy-ecchi, to the point of light-hentai. The show's primary existence is to see women fighting each other, with no clothing (and I mean none) on. If Japan is willing to show naked animated women fighting each other, with one woman having acid milk boobies, then Berserk has a chance of being uncensored.

It'll set in soon...
Queen's Blade is essentially heavy-ecchi, to the point of light-hentai. The show's primary existence is to see women fighting each other, with no clothing (and I mean none) on. If Japan is willing to show naked animated women fighting each other, with one woman having acid milk boobies, then Berserk has a chance of being uncensored.

hmm, i must watch this show

It'll set in soon...

I'm sorry but that is Miyazaki compared to Berserk.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just got the first volume. I've never read a manga before, so this right-to-left thing is gonna take some getting used to...

Mumei

Just got the first volume. I've never read a manga before, so this right-to-left thing is gonna take some getting used to...

I'm now imagining you going back and forth between this and Golden Girls, which amuses me somehow.

And yeah, the backwards thing is something you get used to pretty quickly, I think. Once you get acclimated you won't even notice it.

Nibel

Man, enjoy the ride - Berserk is the king of mangas and you'll get used to the right-to-left thing real quick

Also, have fun with all the incredible art that Miura has drawn. I don't know how he is capable of creating such fantastic images, just amazing

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm now imagining you going back and forth between this and Golden Girls, which amuses me somehow.

qxInfyx.png

Tonal whiplash ahoy!

Man, enjoy the ride - Berserk is the king of mangas and you'll get used to the right-to-left thing real quick

Also, have fun with all the incredible art that Miura has drawn. I don't know how he is capable of creating such fantastic images, just amazing

I'm super pumped! The only bad thing about the manga is that it doesn't have a Susumu Hirasawa score attached to it :D

Necrovex

And yeah, the backwards thing is something you get used to pretty quickly, I think. Once you get acclimated you won't even notice it.

When can we have a Berserk Golden Girl manga?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So in two years Miura has released exactly 2 chapters!? I was 15 years old when I started reading the manga, and I'm closing in on 30 (28) now. :/

I'm loving the emphasis on fantasy now. The art is fucking incredible, the design of the bow and arrow apostle Holy Shit.

Popnbake

Imagine how he must feel.

Despite his age I don't think Miura feels any urgency to finish Berserk.

There was an interview back in 2012 where he talked about working on the backstory
for the god hand and we would see it "soon" (which could take up to a year).

Now in 2014 he took a break from Berserk to work on another manga and we're just starting
to get a glimpse at griffith's falconia.

LaneDS

Worth noting that the art improves quite a bit from when the manga started through the latest chapters.

gdt

I just can't hold on to this. By the time a new chapter comes out, I've completely forgotten what was going on. He's worse than GRRM. We've been on that boat for like 5 years now.

Necrovex

I just can't hold on to this. By the time a new chapter comes out, I've completely forgotten what was going on. He's worse than GRRM. We've been on that boat for like 5 years now.

Imagine how Guts feels about being on that boat!

I'm sorry but that is Miyazaki compared to Berserk.

Well, it's no Bible Black. I would have something more clever to say but my latest binge of Ippo and your Takamura avatar is overfilling my fighting spirit. Going to fight my best friend now.

This is finally continuing! I still have to catch up, but I'm glad there will be new chapters coming out, cuz it's so good.

Togashi plz do the same

Clegg

What is there to actually tie up in Berserk?

Get off the boat
Reach land of fairies
Guts is told he needs to go on a quest to obtain items they need to cure Casca.
Then told they can't cure Casca
Murderous rampage
Godhand origin story
Godhand meets Guts
The End

That'll give Miura at least 15 years worth of material.

Veelk

Banned
I doubt it will be wrapped up that simply. If anything, most of the Godhand might manage to get away. Griffith is the only one that REALLY has to die, in Gut's eyes, I think.

Clegg

Origin stories for the Skeleton Knight and Zodd probably would be a good idea as well.
We already know bits about the Skeleton Knight don't we? I suppose of Bersek followed the regular monthly released schedule then there wouldn't be a problem in dedicating a few chapters to his back story. But since releases are patchy at best we may never actually get to see it.

Erigu

I suppose of Bersek followed the regular monthly released schedule then there wouldn't be a problem in dedicating a few chapters to his back story. But since releases are patchy at best we may never actually get to see it.
Then again, I don't get the impression Miura is willing to rush things because of that either, so...

Nibel

Can we have a title edit showing that it continues on April 11th? We need all GAFpostles on board

And yeah, I'm pretty hyped to see what the hell the God Hand plans. Still get chills just thinking about the pages of the Fantasia chapter that relate to them where you see them

cyborg009

Banned
Can we have a title edit showing that it continues on April 11th? We need all GAFpostles on board

And yeah, I'm pretty hyped to see what the hell the God Hand plans. Still get chills just thinking about the pages of the Fantasia chapter that relate to them where you see them

this.

Origin stories for the Skeleton Knight and Zodd probably would be a good idea as well.

I would soo love that I'm really interested in all of God Hands past too.

Popnbake

We have an idea on Skeleton Knight and Void's past but I'm interested in seeing where Zodd fits in.

He has a lot of respect amongst the apostles and got that best friend status with Femto.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I started reading the first volume last night and I have a question:

Why is there still Japanese text? I'm reading the english version so shouldn't it be all the way translated into english? What am I missing?

Bebpo

Banned
So, wasn't the whole point of re-doing the first arc as 3 movies, so they could then finally animate some new stuff?

Where's the next movie trilogy? :(

Also, how much material is there past fish island? That was the last arc I read before getting tired of the slowwww updates and putting it down for a few years.

Defunkled

So, wasn't the whole point of re-doing the first arc as 3 movies, so they could then finally animate some new stuff?

I don't know why but I have a terrible, nagging feeling that there will never be another movie trilogy.

Oni3298

More Berserk please... I can't stand reading chapters once every 6 months.

I don't understand why Miura doesn't have any sense of urgency or commitment to the fans that adore his work.

LaneDS

I don't know why but I have a terrible, nagging feeling that there will never be another movie trilogy.

That would be quite sad. Despite a very gripes with the new movies, I really liked them and are glad they exist, but if they stop there, again, that is a bummer.

Erigu

I started reading the first volume last night and I have a question:
Why is there still Japanese text? I'm reading the english version so shouldn't it be all the way translated into english? What am I missing?
Onomatopoeia? I guess?

I don't think they ever said something about another movie trilogy, or even movies. Just that they planned to animate the rest of the series. Could be TV series, could be OVAs... And could be nothing, of course, if their plans don't materialize.

Top Bottom