• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy: 12 months Xbox Live Gold and PS Plus on sale

I love GCU but I have to say it kind of bothers me that Sony never participates in things like the $10 preorder bonuses and now not letting GCU stack with a PS Plus sale. Arrogant Sony has returned :(.

What's the most you can stack XBLG and PS+ 12 month cards?

I don't necessarily need them now since I'm covered on both PS+ and XBLG until May and June of 2018 respectively but I'd like to know if there's a max stacking.

jjonez18

FYI: This is about as good as it gets for PS+ at least. It will most likely be this price on Black Friday too. Last time it was 29.99 straight up was 2013 iirc.

krang

What's the most you can stack XBLG and PS+ 12 month cards?

I don't necessarily need them now since I'm covered on both PS+ and XBLG until May and June of 2018 respectively but I'd like to know of there's a max stacking.

I'd have to dig out a source, but I'm pretty sure XBL is 3 years.

BKSmash

Great offer! I'm just wondering, does this get shipped home to you or do you just simply get the code by email?

Dumb question (and quite possibly wrong place to ask?)

First time PS+ member here. Do we get to keep the PS+ games? What PS4 multiplayer games are out there am I missing out on?

-Horizon-

First time PS+ member here. Do we get to keep the PS+ games? What PS4 multiplayer games are out there am I missing out on?
You keep the plus games whenever they are offered and you purchase them for free. They aren't added to your library automatically.
You have access to them only when you have an active sub.

Lemstar

You get to keep them in the sense that they're on your account once you "buy" them for free during their eligibility period, but you can't play them without an active PS+ membership on the same account.

mindgeek

Neo Member

You don't own the games per say. The PS+ games you download are available for you to play as long as your PS+ subscription is active. If you don't renew your membership, the games become locked and you can't play them until you renew your membership.

As for games that you're missing out on, from the top of my head I would definitely recommend Rocket League. So ADDICTING.

FYI: This is about as good as it gets for PS+ at least. It will most likely be this price on Black Friday too. Last time it was 29.99 straight up was 2013 iirc.

It was actually $22 and I'm kicking myself for only buying two. I figured it would be that price every Black Friday, but it hasn't come close to that price since. The cheapest BF price in the last two years was $30 or $35.

malfcn

Similar deal, Meijer has Live for $20 off.
Amazon will probably match it.

Cool that GCU applies to it.

Doesn't beat the 12 months at Target for $19 a few months ago. :)

Lemstar

It was actually $22 and I'm kicking myself for only buying two. I figured it would be that price every Black Friday, but it hasn't come close to that price since. The cheapest BF price in the last two years was $30 or $35.
You're misremembering things. The nationwide price was $30 in 2013 and there's been nothing close to that since outside of weird deal stacking/corner cases.

NolbertoS

I got 2 years left of PS Plus. Might stock up on Xbox Live for about 2 years though. I'll wait till PS Neo releases, so Sony, might have some PS Plus on sale.

You're misremembering things. The nationwide price was $30 in 2013 and there's been nothing close to that since outside of weird deal stacking/corner cases.

I'm not. It was advertised as $29.99 everywhere and then some time during the week GameStop (I think) put it on sale for $22 and Best Buy price matched it. I might still have the receipt because I just recently used the second card and I had to find it in my room and the receipt was wrapped around it lol. I tried to look up the purchase on BestBuy.com and my credit card, but neither company archives that far back. That's one thing I like about Amazon, all my purchases are there.

EDIT: Here you go: http://kotaku.com/playstation-plus-one-year-membership-for-22-1473401268. It was eBay and NewEgg, not GameStop, and Best Buy PM'd it.

Swass

Why are they charging tax on what is essentially a gift card..? You get taxed on Live purchases, so this is double taxation.

Lemstar

I'm not. It was advertised as $29.99 everywhere and then some time during the week GameStop (I think) put it on sale for $22 and Best Buy price matched it. I might still have the receipt because I just recently used the second card and I had to find it in my room and the receipt was wrapped around it lol. I tried to look up the purchase on BestBuy.com and my credit card, but neither company archives that far back. That's one thing I like about Amazon, all my purchases are there.

EDIT: Here you go: http://kotaku.com/playstation-plus-one-year-membership-for-22-1473401268. It was eBay and NewEgg, not GameStop, and Best Buy PM'd it.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic...shipping-at-ebay-starts-112813-9pm-pst-rumor/

It wasn't supposed to be that price, just about no one got it at that price, and it certainly shouldn't have been eligible for price matching. That definitely qualifies it as being a corner case.

Luke_Wal

While we're in a Best Buy thread: I haven't gotten reward zone points credited to my account for my last couple of purchases (including an Overwatch pre-order). I see that the system that credits certificates is down, but does that mean they can't issue points either?

Pompadour

While we're in a Best Buy thread: I haven't gotten reward zone points credited to my account for my last couple of purchases (including an Overwatch pre-order). I see that the system that credits certificates is down, but does that mean they can't issue points either?

I'm guessing so. Should be back up tomorrow.

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to say, but there are fellow Gaffers constantly selling $40 PS+ subs in the B/S/T thread. Id rather help a Gaffer out.

Not to mention that most will message you the code immediately on here if you can't buy from BB or aren't a part of their program.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic...shipping-at-ebay-starts-112813-9pm-pst-rumor/

It wasn't supposed to be that price, just about no one got it at that price, and it certainly shouldn't have been eligible for price matching. That definitely qualifies it as being a corner case.

Well whatever, it was up long enough that I could have gotten as many as I wanted. It was up as long as any other Black Friday lightning deal lasts. Also, I didn't PM the price to Best Buy--they adjusted it on their website to match.

My ps+ sub went out last month, but I honestly don't feel like re-upping even at a discount. If I have a rewards certificate then maybe.

Branson

My ps+ sub went out last month, but I honestly don't feel like re-upping even at a discount. If I have a rewards certificate then maybe.
Same here actually. I don't play online with people or play console games much anymore. I've been spending more time on PC.

J-Skee

As I'm sitting on the PS Store right now, I was contemplating getting the 3 month subscription for now as mine ran out last week. This is tempting, but I don't want to want for a physical card to get mailed to me. Decisions...

Lemstar

Well whatever, it was up long enough that I could have gotten as many as I wanted. It was up as long as any other Black Friday lightning deal lasts. Also, I didn't PM the price to Best Buy--they adjusted it on their website to match.
I'm confident you're imagining it. Feel free to dig up the receipts if you'd like to prove otherwise, but reading the comments in the Kotaku article you linked and the CAG thread indicates that I'm right - there was never a $22 price; just a rumor that someone posted on Slickdeals, and the Best Buy price was $30.

It's kind of irrelevant anyway; the more important part is that you shouldn't tell people that it's reasonable to expect that there'll be nationwide sale prices of $30-35 for a year of PS+ anytime soon, since that hasn't happened since Black Friday 2013.

jbug617

Banned

yeah i have the same problem. hoping it's just because of the rewards thing being down.

It's kind of irrelevant anyway; the more important part is that you shouldn't tell people that it's reasonable to expect that there'll be nationwide sale prices of $30-35 for a year of PS+ anytime soon, since that hasn't happened since Black Friday 2013.

I didn't say that, I just mentioned the last time I got it cheaper than this was for less than the $30 the person I replied to said.

Top Bottom