• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy strategic planning calendar. PS3 demo kiosks October 20. Wii Oct 29.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
tjhooker said:
Are we finally seeing some synergy across Sony's divisions?

****ing finally. I've been waiting for the "Howard Stringer" effect to finally kick in.

Brofist

looks like the Wii is gettin full treatment too (sorry had to do it :lol )

wiiplancn6.jpg

Vark

The only best buy I've been too that had the 'set up' was the one in Chicago. None of the local ones do it. (they've been doing it for years btw, even before the 360).

So stand up demo kiosks for me.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sony PS3 area: :O

So basically they are going to go up against Wii and 360 (which will be pushed back onto a shelf) with a ****ing home theater.

Wow.

NWO

Drek said:
And people said PSP was dead. ;P

Well 3 of the 5 PSP bullets begin with the words Replace, Remove, and Dismantle so its probably not the best sign for the PSP. :lol

wasting

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Sony PS3 area: :O

So basically they are going to go up against Wii and 360 (which will be pushed back onto a shelf) with a ****ing home theater.

Wow.

they are also going against systems that are instock too. you forgot about that.

So do most of you not go to Best Buy?

My local best buy has the X360 kiosk, plus the couch area. Couch area ahs the HDTV, surround sound, a 360 and a PS2. Then theres a standard PS2 kiosk, and a guitar hero PS2 kios.

jamesinclair said:
So do most of you not go to Best Buy?

My local best buy has the X360 kiosk, plus the couch area. Couch area ahs the HDTV, surround sound, a 360 and a PS2. Then theres a standard PS2 kiosk, and a guitar hero PS2 kios.

Exactly - most stores have these types of setups.

The thing is... they would do this regardless of whether or not it comes from the corp headquarters. Trust me, I know. I used to fight with stores who set up displays that were not authorized. Every endcap/feature you see in BB has been paid for by someone (unless that store is breaking company rules).

Think this is just a smart move by BB? Not really. I'm sure Sony and Nintendo are paying for that space. BB knows they will sell the systems regardless - so why not have Sony and Nintendo throw more money at them to make it have featured placement?

thefro

You guys realize that those aren't Best Buy floorplan maps, right?

I get floorplans when I service Best Buy stores and install equipment for them and they look nothing like that bogus "floorplan".

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It looks fake, but either way, it reminded me that we'll get the kiosks sooner or later! I can’t wait for my ectasy/ps3 pill before launch. *-*

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Seems appropriate to post this here - Sony will distribute 15,000 PS3 demo units across NA this Holiday, five times the number used in PS2's launch promotion:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601080&sid=a7jumJGI5oWE&refer=asia

Sony Corp. will use five times the number of U.S. demonstration booths to promote the PlayStation 3 as it did for the last console, part of a plan to keep users from defecting to Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox and Nintendo Co.'s Wii.

Sony, the world's largest maker of video-game consoles, will spend $30 million to put the consoles in 15,000 U.S. and Canadian kiosks during the holiday season, said Jack Tretton, co-chief operating officer of Sony Computer Entertainment America. The 2000 introduction of PlayStation 2, which dominated the last generation of game consoles, used 3,000 demo booths.

thefro said:
You guys realize that those aren't Best Buy floorplan maps, right?

I get floorplans when I service Best Buy stores and install equipment for them and they look nothing like that bogus "floorplan".

Are you a Project Team member?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I like how ****** links directly to the thread and members on their site are still baffled with the Wii setup :lol

Guys, I guess in a month you'll be able to play motorstorm in a 1080p bravia splitted in 4 HD sections. That alone deserves a little trip to the usa. Shit, I'm out of money :lol

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wait, to make sure we're on the same page, those idiot websites took Kpop's image as a genuine thing?

Bezz

Banned
Oblivion said:
Wait, to make sure we're on the same page, those idiot websites took Kpop's image as a genuine thing?

Yes.

What a bunch of idiots, but like somebody said, GAF owns teh internetz!

BTW, I wonder what TV will they use at the kiosk for the Wii? HDTV?

J-Rzez

Wario64 said:
So Best Buy should have the PS3s set up this Friday?

I guess... But I'm cleaning up the mess of 7up that went through my nose since I just read the Lawn Chair thing for the first time... :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
It has begun....

After strolling into my Best Buy today i noticed a line and that could have only meant one thing. The PS3 kiosk was there? No, not till tommorow, but there was already a line forming outside the store to see the newly setup kiosk area. I have never seen this kind of reaction, not even for the 360.

This is where the kiosk will display. Sorry for the bad quality, i had to be quick with the camera phone.

SSPX0178.jpg

This is the area where the games will be displayed. Notice the space to right, all the original shelving was taken down for the new display. You can see this display in the back right of the top picture.

SSPX0174.jpg

The media manager at my Best Buy kept reasuring everyone that the PS3 WOULD BE PLAYABLE the next morning. I will be one of the 20 people already camping out right now. Im writing this on my laptop as I sit out here with the rest of the PS3 boys. Thank god for wireless. More to come soon!
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=33719

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Hahaha stupid sites don't bother to fact check before they steal from GAF. :lol

It's SUCH an obvious photoshop too, jesus.

Top Bottom