• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy strategic planning calendar. PS3 demo kiosks October 20. Wii Oct 29.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jeff-DSA said:
Lies. It feels cheap and it's WAAAAAAAYYY too light.
You don't want to move and tilt around the controller that's heavy. Even without it, I really see no point in making the controller anything other than as light as possible. I'm sick of wireless controllers that are noticeably heavier than wired ones, and to see this one reverts the trend is positively surprising.

Now if the comment about the plastic / sweaty hands is true, that's bad news. That would mean they are using the post-launch PS2 controller plastic, which was too smooth and sticky. I'll never understand why they switched from early PS2 controller plastic to what they have now.

Jeff-DSA

Marconelly said:
You don't want to move and tilt around the controller that's heavy. Even without it, I really see no point in making the controller anything other than as light as possible. I'm sick of wireless controllers that are noticeably heavier than wired ones, and to see this one reverts the trend is positively surprising.

Now if the comment about the plastic / sweaty hands is true, that's bad news. That would mean they are using the post-launch PS2 controller plastic, which was too smooth and sticky. I'll never understand why they switched from early PS2 controller plastic to what they have now.

No, seriously. It's too light. I know you don't want to be swinging around a brick, but it would be nice to have some weight there to provide for some resistance.

As for the sweat factor, I haven't ever noticed anything and my hands tend to sweat a bit while I play games.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jeff-DSA said:
No, seriously. It's too light.
Well, I hope that those who feel like you will be able to easily open it and stick some metal pieces inside handles to make it heavier. Kinda like some people do with gaming mice.

Jeff-DSA

Marconelly said:
Well, I hope that those who feel like you will be able to easily open it and stick some metal pieces inside handles to make it heavier. Kinda like some people do with gaming mice.

I considered that, but I'll just plan on adjusting. NOBODY should care enough to pass on the system for this reason. If they do, they probably never planned on picking one up in the first place anyway.

I'm sure we'll all adjust after a few weeks, it's just a tad bit disappointing at first.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jeff-DSA said:
Lies. It feels cheap and it's WAAAAAAAYYY too light. Also, the triggers are poo.

Still, I really can't wait to get one of these into my entertainment center. I'm starting to doubt that I'll be able to get one in November, but hopefully sometime this year I'll luck out.

I do think the lightness will eventually be an asset.

The thing is well-made. It might feel cheap, but it isn't cheap. It feels sturdy. I think people will like it after they realize it won't snap if they twist it.

LAIR on the kiosk sounds VERY intriguing. I'm gonna go camp out cya in like 2 weeks lolz bai.

Stench

Banned
tard said:
The vibration from the subwoofer was enough, maybe even better. If a grenade goes off in real life, does it just shake your hands? NO. It rocked the sub we were using and made it feel like it went off outside the store.
What about those things that do shake in your hands, though, Little Billy? Like, say, I don't know... GUNS, maybe?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
so did anybody else check their best buy? I might go up to mine later if I know kiosks are in more than one store.

wreckml

Wii endcap / shelfing information pic.

WiiKioskInfo.jpg

Wii Endcap / shelfing picture.

WiiKioskPicture.jpg

Took these yesterday morning at work. So no, as you can see, it wont be the space station kiosks lol. at least for the Wii anyways.

Just to add to Dubious-Ness Watch, unless he played a differently configured version of Resisto, the triggers aren't at all well suited for Resistance, they're used to bring up the weapon menu, not fire.

Also, it's way too light, yes.

wreckml

MiamiWesker said:
The Sony Press release said kiosks will be in stores on the 26th. So I guess that means no PS3 tomorrow at BB.

For my Best Buy specifically anyways, my sup says sometime this week, maybe within 2 weeks is when we will get our display ps3. :D

wreckml

Bad_Boy said:
Interesting stuff, you have anything on the ps3 kiosks?

unfortunately they only had Wii info on it in toolkit. i was actually surprised to see that picture... most of it was just text about we get signs and shit lol.

My local urban best buy had nothing. They dont even have a couch console demo section like most stores, just a X360 and PS2 kios at the end of the shelves, and a GC kios in the middle.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I went to my circuit city and best buy today, CC said at the end of the month, and BB said november 1st. :/

Top Bottom