• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best First Level Music

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Some good choices, but one vastly overlooked because it's from a vastly overlooked and oft forgotten game.

Legend of the Valkyrie. Right from the start it tells you will be on a fantastic adventure.
http://youtu.be/nKmr07M7fTw

Made all that much better now by fitting in perfectly with any Kid Icarus Uprising stage.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
way off topic, but real quick question: i JUST bought this off of psn, having never played sonic cd, but have heard good things about it for almost two decades, what should i expect?
Expect HUGE zones unlike anything you've ever played in a 2D Sonic game before along with one of the coolest soundtracks you'll ever hear. The time warp mechanic is a hit or miss depending on who you ask, but I think it's pretty neat looking at the zones during their perspective time periods. I love the game simply because there's just a lot of exploration to do and so many different paths you can take to reach the goal. I think you'll digg it.

Has to be Mega Man X.

6a00d83452033569e20120a5f56731970c-800wi
This.

LowerLevel

Ahh, this thread. So many good memories. So many "correct" answers. Miracle Warriors on SMS is another. Golvellius, Zelda, Guardian Legend, Zillion, SpellCaster... (sigh) I'm old...

Randdalf

I was going to post Delfino Plaza but I realised that it's the hub world (and not even the first level, that's the airstrip)...

Insured

Speaking of the Follin brothers, Equinox (a sequel to Solstice that few seem to know of) has mostly ambient tunes but it really made an impression on me from the get go:
Equinox (SNES)

Also, I guess you could link just about any Sunsoft title in this thread but eh.
Gremlins 2 (NES)

XNarte

Perfect Dark

Not the best first level music, but since all the ones I would have said have already been posted, I would like to mention the opening mission to the N64 Perfect Dark.

An intense track with great cyberpunk elements that just pulls you into the atmosphere.

Billy Lee

I was going to say Streets of Rage 1 but lots of people have already said that. Then I remembered Golden Axe!

Golden Axe - Wilderness

Oh man, starting the game and hearing this music made me feel like I had an arcade machine in my own home! I was ready to kick Death Adder's @$$!

Top Bottom