• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best of: Trader Joe's

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevDM

Banned
popped-kernels-trader-joes.jpg

P1010211.JPG

IMG_0910.jpg

simpler-times.jpg

Two_Buck_Chuck_for_sale.jpg

I'm always tempted to go to trader joes because of all the wonderful things I see posted but I'm worried if I do I'll get fat ;-;

Pickman

I'm a big fan of the chili lime chicken burgers with some havarti pepper cheese on them.

The orange chicken is amazing too. Little vinegar and sweet taste that is just great. Usually cook it with their veggie fried rice, and cook the rice in a little peanut oil.

Can't go wrong with the spinach kale and Greek yogurt dip either. It sounds gross but it's incredible.

And 3 buck chuck is great, especially for the price.

pablito

2 buck Chuck is my shit. Although I think it went up by 50 cents. Chuck Fiddy.

Their Mission St IPA is very good for the price too.

RevDM

Banned
I don't really drink much, buut I wish my TJ's was allowed to sell wine (goddamn Utah state laws).

Anyway, I digress...

Yesssss. So close to Spanish pepinillos. Gonna need to pick some of these up tomorrow.

They have been pusshing that popcorn hard lately. Coincidentally with the intro of partially popped popcorn. Does i taste different than regular popcorn? I can't imaging already popped and bagged popcorn would taste better than microwave popcorn.

I don't really drink much, buut I wish my TJ's was allowed to sell wine (goddamn Utah state laws).

Anyway, I digress...

Yesssss. So close to Spanish pepinillos. Gonna need to pick some of these up tomorrow.

Holy fuck those kale chips. I need them. Going to hunt for those today :O

Tadale

pAvNQtnm.jpg

I actually ate this last night with some grilled cheese I made using some of their bread. Pretty good as far as prepackaged soup goes.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
That wine scares me.

Cheaper than boonesfarm.

The Rosé is so damn good.

I used this Crankyjay thread as a guide when I first started shopping at Trader Joe's:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758174

I went from buying everything, trying stuff out...to just going there every few weeks for wine, simpler times beer, pork buns, bread and terriyaki chicken. I don't understand how the terriyaki chicken is made via microwave, tastes great and is low calorie. It's just straight up sorcery.

daegan

I love the Vegetable Bird's Nests and the Fruit Frenzy Bars personally. Also they have cookie butter cheesecake bites now that are amazing-

They have been pusshing that popcorn hard lately. Coincidentally with the intro of partially popped popcorn. Does i taste different than regular popcorn? I can't imaging already popped and bagged popcorn would taste better than microwave popcorn.

If there's one food I would eat forever and not have any consequence, it would be that specific popcorn. I love popcorn of all varieties, and that's the best one I've ever had. YMMV as with everything, but it's so damn good. It almost tastes fresh-popped.

Also, I'm not sure in your case, but they've been putting it on our bigger displays because so many damn people are buying them; it's the one item they seem to be consistently sold out of in between delivery days.

RevDM

Banned
If there's one food I would eat forever and not have any consequence, it would be that specific popcorn. I love popcorn of all varieties, and that's the best one I've ever had. YMMV as with everything, but it's so damn good. It almost tastes fresh-popped.

Also, I'm not sure in your case, but they've been putting it on our bigger displays because so many damn people are buying them; it's the one item they seem to be consistently sold out of in between delivery days.

it's ridiculous how hard they have been pushing it at my local store. I wonder if they made extra batches to catch the partially popped and packaged the regular popped as a result lol. I'll pick it up next time. Does it taste like olive oil or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom