• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

all them feels rushing back from memory

1311947803699.jpg

jerry1594

But it remains to be seen if the DLC will be a timed exclusive for Xbox players again because Obsidian only pull this BS with the 1st DLC of New Vegas and the rest of the DLCs release at the same time on both systems.Bethesda was more than willing to do it more than once with DLC of Fallout 3 and Skyrim so I'm hoping this is not the case again.
Bethesda is the publisher of NV. How was Obsidian responsible for that?

Sotha_Sil

Considering the fallout over the NV's metacritic score, I doubt Obsidian will ever work with Bethesda again.

Why not? Bethesda Softworks made a ton of money working with them and Obsidian is not going to turn down a major contract like one BethSoft would pay. It's a fight every day for a large indie developer like Obsidian. Getting a new Fallout gig would be huge for them.

Todd Howard is famous for saying "if install base mattered we'd all make board games because everyone has a table " . So no considering Todd Howard does as he pleases at Bethesda I can't see them making him make Fallout 4 crossgen if he didn't want to. I'm confused as to why a game so long in development , assuredly since 2011/2012 would still be crossgen when being released in 2015/2016. There seems like there's more limitations by making an open world game that needs to run and perform on last gen consoles . I'm just not buying they'd make a creative decision like that when the guys at CD Projekt Red only released The Witcher 3 on currentgen and pc . So I it just doesn't make sense Bethesda would do crossgen when PC is the lead platform and Howard has talked about his excitement to create games for the new consoles since the have a lot more memory than lastgen consoles. So I disagree with your point that it would be "money" , also TSO Oblivion released solely on Xbox360 and PC when it came out and that was a game that released early on in the first year of the Xbox360's life cycle and it wasn't crossgen .

Cross gen will hurt this game more than some are willing to accept. It will run on 1-2 cores on PC again, have some of the worst textures(mods I know believe me my New Vegas looks nice)

I want PS4, XB1, and PC only for Fallout 4. The hardware of PS3 and 360 will hold back the true potential of what it could have been.

Mikey Jr.

I'm thinking crossgen. I know it has those preorder lines not mentioning 360 or PS3, but I think the more damning thing is the 360, ps3 icons. The kind of icons you put on the bottom of a page to show what platforms its coming to.

Ughhh.

I'm blown out on open world with 1,000,000 poorly designed things to do and bad combat so I can't say I'm all that excited given Bethesda's track record.

Pooya

What happened?

what happened was that the game was buggy like every Bethesda game with that engine but it got picked on this time while Bethesda always got a pass in the past and they did again with Skyrim after it. Bethesda can never make a Fallout as good with their level of writing or quest design. Obsidian's history I guess made them an easy target there but that time around I feel it wasn't their fault and their only really buggy game was NWN2.

huxley00

have we completely ruled out an MMORPG?

I've had this discussion with a few people, these are the reasons it wont be an MMO

1. Elder Scrolls MMO was a failure.
2. Elder Scrolls MMO wasn't even made by Bethesda, they outsourced it.

If it does turn out to be an MMO, I will cry great tears...great great tears.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I'm blown out on open world with 1,000,000 poorly designed things to do and bad combat so I can't say I'm all that excited given Bethesda's track record.

That's a sad Spirit you got there Jazz.

MattyG

Banned
I'm thinking crossgen. I know it has those preorder lines not mentioning 360 or PS3, but I think the more damning thing is the 360, ps3 icons. The kind of icons you put on the bottom of a page to show what platforms its coming to.

Ughhh.
That may be referring to Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Take a look at the AC Syndicate website. It has PS3 and 360 on the bottom because of the other games in the series on those platforms. This may be what Bethesda is doing for the Fallout 4 page.

Cross gen will hurt this game more than some are willing to accept. It will run on 1-2 cores on PC again, have some of the worst textures(mods I know believe me my New Vegas looks nice)

I want PS4, XB1, and PC only for Fallout 4. The hardware of PS3 and 360 will hold back the true potential of what it could have been.

Yep. If this is cross gen, I go from Day 1 digital to buying it used for $9.99 in a year.

Lakitu

st5fu
It always ends up the same way. Obsidian made a fantastic entry and one of the best Fallouts. But that doesn't change the fact that they're not developing Fallout 4. Deal with it, I guess?

That may be referring to Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Take a look at the AC Syndicate website. It has PS3 and 360 on the bottom because of the other games in the series on those platforms. This may be what Bethesda is doing for the Fallout 4 page.

that's what I thought when I read OP too. I just don't buy a game that's been in development for 4+ years is still clinging to cross gen consoles when the game might not even release until sometime in 2016 . I remember Pete Hines on a Bonus Round episode saying things like cross gen development become more detrimental to bottom line development costs the longer a new gen goes on. He said something like they make that decision to todo or not do cross gen fairly early on. I just don't see them doing cross gen for a variety of reasons.

Considering the fallout over the NV's metacritic score, I doubt Obsidian will ever work with Bethesda again.

I still don't understand this. Obsidian agreed to the Bonus Agreement. They agreed to the release window. Yes it sucks that they were under the agreed MC number, but why does that paint Bethesda in a bad light? Obsidian games are notoriously buggy. That's not Bethesda's fault. Bethesda didn't bribe reviewers or anything. It was a business agreement.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
What are the chances this comes out this year?
About the same chance it has of coming out next year :p

But seriously XCOM 2 was just announced and that's coming out in November so it's not an impossible possibility.

Anything Goes
Cole Porter

Times have changed
And we've often rewound the clock
Since the Puritans got a shock
When they landed on Plymouth Rock.

If today
Any shock they should try to stem
'Stead of landing on Plymouth Rock,
Plymouth Rock would land on them.

In olden days, a glimpse of stocking
Was looked on as something shocking.
But now, God knows,
Anything goes.

Good authors too who once knew better words
Now only use four-letter words
writing prose.
Anything goes.

If driving fast cars you like,
If low bars you like,
If old hymns you like,
If bare limbs you like,
If Mae West you like,
Or me undressed you like,
Why, nobody will oppose.

When ev'ry night the set that's smart is in-
truding in nudist parties
in studios.
Anything goes.

When Missus Ned McLean (God bless her)
Can get Russian reds to "yes" her,
Then I suppose
Anything goes.

When Rockefeller still can hoard en-
Ough money to let Max Gordon
Produce his shows,
Anything goes.

The world has gone mad today
And good's bad today,
And black's white today,
And day's night today,
And that gent today
You gave a cent today
Once had several chateaux.

When folks who still can ride in Jitneys
Find out Vanderbilts and Whitneys
Lack baby clo'es,
Anything goes.

When Sam Goldwyn can with great conviction
Instruct Anna Sten in diction,
Then Anna shows
Anything goes.

When you hear that Lady Mendl standing up
Now does a handspring landing up-
On her toes,
Anything goes.

Just think of those shocks you've got
And those knocks you've got
And those blues you've got
From those news you've got
And those pains you've got
(If any brains you've got)
From those little radios.

So Missus R., with all her trimmin's,
Can broadcast a bed from Simmons
'Cause Franklin knows
Anything goes.

https://youtu.be/lD1Fjird9XI

AlphaDump

Gold Member
It has to be pretty damn special if it is going the cross gen route at the end of 2015.

I'm already kind of salty about the idea, so I hope it is just a rumor.

Can you blame them? Obsidian made a mockery of Bethesda and the original creators of Fallout are at Obsidian.

If reading comics for decades taught me anything, it's that creative teams change and it doesn't really matter as long as the idea and name persist in a way that I like.

nictron

Player F1 and F2 many times.

If I said I had never played F3 or NV. Which should I play now? Are there mods I should use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom