• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD Guy

I haven't read through the whole thread, do we know it's even fallout 4.

I'd find it hilarious if they announce a remaster lol. That would just sum up this console generation....

To follow up in this post, what ever happened to the alleged fallout collection patent

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
It would be dope if they allow us to switch between Top Down and First Person like Dragon Age: Inquisition

I wonder if Bioware has stats on how often players utilized both perspectives. I barely used the Top-Down perspective.

Gastone

Well, i enjoyed Fallout 3 somewhat, so i'm mildly excited about this.
But i really hope they'll give the middle finger to last-gen consoles. That shit needs to stop.

And i'm also annoyed that it's become the norm to release news/teasers/trailers etc BEFORE E3..kinda takes away the excitement.

CTLance

Poll lacks Android, Windows mobile and iOS options. I thought we were an all-inclusive gaming community... Oh well.

Gamecube it is, since we weren't given the obvious choices of Wonderswan Crystal or PC/Athlon. But only under protest!

Pooya

well Fall is really empty, I hope it comes out this year, otherwise it's just a bunch of old hat annualized declining series left and MGSV. Battlefront and XCOM2. It's a good window to launch it.

If this doesn't come out for PS3 I am going to pull a Chad L. Coleman on the subway tomorrow, asking for my humanitarians.

uh

sorry but i hope it doesnt come out on last gen consoles due to a much greater hardware demand

im totally ready to save up for a ps4 or super tune my current PC for FALLOUT FOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EloquentM

aka Mannny
All I know is that this game BETTER be janky. Part of my fallout experience is all the zany ridiculous bugs I encounter on my journey. Right now witcher 3 is scratching that itch quite well but it's got nothing on some of the shit I've seen in fallout 3 and NV

Sotha_Sil

Rösti;166188257 said:
id Tech 5 is likely if it's not going to be Gamebryo.

It would be interesting if Id designed their new engine to be compatible with developing open-world games, considering that Fallout and TES are Zenimax's flagship franchises, and even Dishonored is a very open-ended game.

60fps for an open-world game on consoles would be incredible. Alas, this seems very, very unlikely.

How is Gamecube ahead of PS2? I'm starting to think you people aren't taking this poll seriously. Fallout 4 probably can't even fit on one of those mini DVDs.

if it wasn't a Fallout themed countdown I would not be hyped as such but seeing as it is then Sweet Baby Jesus on a Rainbow Coloured Dinosaur.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Can you imagine if they had FPS mode, TPS mode and then an isometric "classic" mode?

The massive differences in gameplay make it not possible. Going from first to third in a shooter is ok, because it still a shooter either way.

Dragon Age can only do it because it doesn't really use aiming like a first/third person shooter does.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I will play the shit out of this but its clearly a surrogate for an Elder Scrolls game. Could you hurry it up with that Bethesda?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
People really though it might be an XB exclusive? I thought those were joke posts mainly.
But it remains to be seen if the DLC will be a timed exclusive for Xbox players again because Obsidian only pull this BS with the 1st DLC of New Vegas and the rest of the DLCs release at the same time on both systems.Bethesda was more than willing to do it more than once with DLC of Fallout 3 and Skyrim so I'm hoping this is not the case again.

Considering the fallout over the NV's metacritic score, I doubt Obsidian will ever work with Bethesda again.
It's a shame considering the core team behind the original two Fallouts and the cancelled Van Buren are leading Obsidian. It really shows in New Vegas, it being a real RPG with choices that actually matter and great characters.

Only new thing I need in a fallout game is no loading when entering towns and buildings, everything else is just icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom