• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drazgul

So the twist is going to be that we're an advanced rogue android that's had false memories implanted, right

That's what's going to happen 3/4 of the way through the game when we're at the Institute or meeting the "Masterbrain" or whatever

just getting that out there now

Obviously.

In lieu of any more actual news, have some amusement:

59nVxe3.jpg

WRa8YPb.jpg

Gotta love that shit-eating grin.

Stet

Banned
So the twist is going to be that we're an advanced rogue android that's had false memories implanted, right

That's what's going to happen 3/4 of the way through the game when we're at the Institute or meeting the "Masterbrain" or whatever

The twist is going to be that for the first time we're seeing the world from the perspective of a deathclaw and that the real deathclaw...is man.

it's funny. If someone said "Please don't be ported to console from PC", they'd be castrated. But it's ok to say you're against cross gen....

Either way, it's gonna be good.

If it's cross gen, that will significantly lessen the scope possible in Fallout 4. At some point, developers need to leave last gen behind, I'd say 3 years is more than enough time, especially for a presumably massive open world game. If Bethesda were willing to segment the worlds to increase what they can do in smaller but more detailed and polished zones, like Dragon Age: Inquisition, it wouldn't be quite as bad; but the world will be on large zone, at least primarily. Having to make a world like that run on 512mb versus 5-7GB would make a noticeable difference I would presume.

So yeah, I don't want this game to be for last gen consoles. I'd much rather have the best possible game for current gen.

bombshell

Calm down! It's current gen only. The mentions of 360 and PS3 are merely for registering for the newsletter.

Found some more stuff:
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/api/v1/pages/countdown-reveal?lang=en-us

The youtube link goes to a Fallout 3 DLC trailer at the moment:

Look at the preorder and footer section, only PC,X1 and PS4.

That's not proof.

I believe shinobi has said that Black Ops 3 is cross-gen, but you can only pre-order on PC, PS4, XB1 so far for that also.

Brew124

That's not proof.

I believe shinobi has said that Black Ops 3 is cross-gen, but you can only pre-order on PC, PS4, XB1 so far for that also.

Are we sure Black Ops 3 isn't current gen only? From what I can find, there's been no official announcement except for Treyarch saying they physically are not developing it for PS3/360.

a916

It could be a countdown and a trailer for a Fallout Collection.... and then at the end a Fallout 4 tease. So both?

I believe Pete Hines or Todd Howard has said recently that they want to change that and make it less time between reveal and release.

Which, considering what they went through with Skyrim's rabid fans and Lulzsec hacks, makes sense. People will go great lengths for new info.

Anyway, things this game must have to be GOAT-worthy:

-World that feels real, varied and complex.

-No interior/exterior cell separation.

-Large variety of enemies and NPCs.

-Non copy-pasta dungeons and locales.

-Pretty grafics.

-Consequences for player actions and greater NPC awareness of player reputation when appropriate.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

I'm hoping that we are a cyborg and not a full on Android simply because every protagonist so far has been Human.

bombshell

Are we sure Black Ops 3 isn't current gen only? From what I can find, there's been no official announcement except for Treyarch saying they physically are not developing it for PS3/360.

No, but that was my point. No official talk, but shinobi has said it is cross-gen.

I found his post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156717100&postcount=346

But if you go to callofduty.com, the only versions you can pre-order are PC, PS4 and XB1.

If Fallout 4 is cross-gen, they will want to hide that fact for as long as possible, same as Black Ops 3.

Stanng243

It needs to have a better soundtrack or at least a better rotation. By the end of the game I had heard the song Johnny Guitar so many times, I wanted to hunt him down.

Stet

Banned
It needs to have a better soundtrack or at least a better rotation. By the end of the game I had heard the song Johnny Guitar so many times, I wanted to hunt him down.

Set it in the Mississippi Delta. Make it scary. Play only solo blues music.

Which, considering what they went through with Skyrim's rabid fans and Lulzsec hacks, makes sense. People will go great lengths for new info.

Anyway, things this game must have to be GOAT-worthy:

-World that feels real, varied and complex.

-No interior/exterior cell separation.

-Large variety of enemies and NPCs.

-Non copy-pasta dungeons and locales.

-Pretty grafics.

-Consequences for player actions and greater NPC awareness of player reputation when appropriate.

Agreed 100% with the above. Can I add improved animations to that list? No ice skating in 3rd person please :)

Aces&Eights

My dream: Bethesda secretly moved in with the Projekt CD Red guys and gals a couple years ago and saw how awesome the Witcher 3 side quests and voice acting was going. So, they are using the same techniques in Fallout 4. Open world as detailed as well. Fallout 4 story with VATS, new guns, Witcher quality quests all in 1080p 60fps on consoles. 100 hour story play time.

Yes, I'm on medication.

My dream: Bethesda secretly moved in with the Projekt CD Red guys and gals a couple years ago and saw how awesome the Witcher 3 side quests and voice acting was going. So, they are using the same techniques in Fallout 4. Open world as detailed as well. Fallout 4 story with VATS, new guns, Witcher quality quests all in 1080p 60fps on consoles. 100 hour story play time.

Yes, I'm on medication.

PS5 remaster maybe :s

deadlast

Please have an online market that will allow me to sell and trade with other players. I don't need them in the game, but the ability to go to a market place and get materials would be fantastic.

Let's revisit some of the game's amazingly well written leaked dialog: http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

1993h06hw9hg8pngx7ohu.png

1993h42l6ykdmpnglormh.png

I'm curious: Do people think Bethesda could remove player creation from their RPGs and it would still work?

I lean very heavily towards "no." For me, roleplaying variety is the biggest draw for Bethesda's games, where your first character can be a savior for all people and your second can be a tin can hording, cannibalistic, murderous psychopath.

That Fallout has been around for awhile so finding PS360 branding in the code isn't surprising.

Excited for PS4! Bring the bugs and glitches Bethesda!

Neo Member
Just imagine the graphics on the Xbox One and PS4 will be massive improvements from the previous title like what happened with GTA 3 back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom