• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Browder's prepared statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee - must read

I agree with the OP here. This is must-read, must-watch testimony. Browder is a very clear speaker and lays things out in depth and in context.

And his testimony about Fusion GPS takes this whole story to Illuminati levels of coordinated chaos, where Russia has their hands on the strings of both the emerging narrative as well as the counter-narrative. We need to know more about this company and hear from Steele himself.

This would be more fascinating than dangerous if it wasn't so real, so effective and so much still in motion, both in the US and abroad.

Team Trump always loves when they can sprinkle a pinch of truth into their daily message of lies and misdirections.

Shoeless

What in the flying fuck is the GOP doing? America is meant to fight against atrocities such as this.

The atrocities bought them.

It's still amazing to me the irony of all this. Russia was once a model for communism to the rest of the world, but once they decided to ditch that, and use capitalism as a weapon, they proved more effective at it than anyone else.

Mael

Not just the US. They tried it with France as well.

Again and I cannot stress this enough: there was only 1 candidate that wasn't pro Russian in some way and as chance would have it he was elected.
They don't care at all about the political leaning as long as it doesn't disrupt their business.
And to add to that EVEN if by some strike of luck they wouldn't have got what they wanted, Sarkozy have shown before that a French president can be easily dealt with.
Putin probably never expected the public talk from Macron about Sputnik and *******.

Preet bharara got fired by trump to stop a prosecution related to this act. The DOJ then closed the case with the tiniest of fines and the Russian company crowed that it won.

Poppy

everytime someone in the government says "fake news" i just think about how people are going to look back on it and be horrified at the propaganda that half of the country seems to accept without question

i don't even know what to do about it, literally my only thoughts are impotent ones involving eliminating these liars in some kind of government purge carried out by the citizenry, but i just don't see it happening

i guess i just accept our doom

RaidenZR

Browder's statement and testimony are both eye opening articles. All the background, instigating acts, motive, tangential stories, cause and effect is all right there and self-contained. There is still loads of information we don't know and may never know...so crazy. But it's so easy to see the connection this has had, and could still have in the future. Fuck to all who turn a blind eye or downplay this stuff. I hope it gets the spotlight it deserves in the coming days and weeks. It should be blowing the lid off a boiling-over pot by now, but instead we gotta talk about the fucking "Mooch" and his shenanigans.

Shoeless

everytime someone in the government says "fake news" i just think about how people are going to look back on it and be horrified at the propaganda that half of the country seems to accept without question

I think a lot of it has to do with the Republicans realizing that their primary platform is hate, and education is a serious threat to hate, since it encourages open mindedness and critical thinking. Thus, the Republicans have realized that dismantling education is the easiest way to maintain control.

If a population is actually afraid of education, and proud of their ignorance, you never have to worry about a revolution.

paskowitz

Guys and gals, I'm 1:10:00 into the testimony and it does not let up. Outside of Comey, I don't think I've watched a testimony this long.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
How credible is this guy? I mean, his story seems plausible in every way.

It also shows why Russia was so deep into getting Trump elected to try to get this law changed.

The media that keeps covering this is the only thing that has stopped Trump so far from defeating the law.

Ithil

It also shows why Russia was so deep into getting Trump elected to try to get this law changed.

The media that keeps covering this is the only thing that has stopped Trump so far from defeating the law.

Extremely credible. He's uniquely qualified to talk about the situation in Russia.

paskowitz

If you listen to his testimony, he is very careful not to give politicized answers (make assumptions about other people's intentions to further a narrative insinuated by the person asking the question). So from that perspective, I'd say trustworthy.

His story has been pretty heavily vetted and there is extensive documentation about Magnitsky's torture and the situation in general. Smart dude made millions in Russia only to have it snatched away and his lawyer killed and lives under constant threat for his and his families life... as far as motivation goes... that's pretty solid.

From an outsider's perspective, I'd say this is about as trustworthy as it gets.

With regards to the Magnitsky act, there literally is no one alive with more credibility than Browder. If you want more info, you should read his autobiography, 'Red Notice'. In addition to providing a lot of useful context, it's also a totally enthralling read.

Jenov

If you listen to his testimony, he is very careful not to give politicized answers (make assumptions about other people's intentions to further a narrative insinuated by the person asking the question). So from that perspective, I'd say trustworthy.

His story has been pretty heavily vetted and there is extensive documentation about Magnitsky's torture and the situation in general. Smart dude made millions in Russia only to have it snatched away and his lawyer killed and lives under constant threat for his and his families life... as far as motivation goes... that's pretty solid.

From an outsider's perspective, I'd say this is about as trustworthy as it gets.

He's also under oath here, unlike Kushner and Donald Jr -__-

any link to the testimony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-RsAGjUXtg

Fercho

Read the whole thing, what a terrifying and heartbreaking situation.

All the deaths involved with the situation tells me this is a real as it gets. That fucker Putin is a corrupt mother fucker, he gives Mexican politicians a run for their money, a traitor too.

I wonder how many millions the Trump inner circle received.

Browder's testimony literally gave me chills. I always assumed that Putin favored Trump because Trump is corrupt and easily manipulated. I never imagined the motives at play were so base. Putin tried to install a President of the United States in order to protect his overseas assets. He tried to undermine our democracy for his own personal greed. And he succeeded.

Lowmelody

I'm glad the WH confirmed that Browder's testimony was truthful because thus far Trump hasn't been directly implicated in it. Now the details of how and when trump fits into all of it will leak or come out somehow and the WH already used their turn to confirm it to get in a quick FAKE NEWS.

Slime

Banned
That italicized introduction seems like the fucking Star Wars title crawl to our current fucked up cosmic battle of good and evil.

The financier Bill Browder has emerged as an unlikely central player in the ongoing investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 elections. Sergei Magnitsky, an attorney Browder hired to investigate official corruption, died in Russian custody in 2009. Congress subsequently imposed sanctions on the officials it held responsible for his death, passing the Magnitsky Act in 2012. Russian President Vladimir Putin’s government retaliated, among other ways, by suspending American adoptions of Russian children.

Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who secured a meeting with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort, was engaged in a campaign for the repeal of the Magnitsky Act, and raised the subject of adoptions in that meeting. That’s put the spotlight back on Browder’s long campaign for Kremlin accountability, and against corruption—a campaign whose success has irritated Putin and those around him.

Browder will testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday in a hearing about Foreign Agents Registration Act enforcement; what follows are the prepared remarks he submitted to the committee. The committee also called as witnesses former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, Donald Trump Jr., and Glenn Simpson, the co-founder of the Fusion GPS research firm that commissioned the Trump dossier. As of Tuesday evening, only Browder is definitely scheduled to appear during that panel....

rec0ded1

It felt like Lindsay Graham was trying to poke holes but wussed out and just went for a "well I'm sure Trump had no idea what the meeting was truly about."

I'm glad the WH confirmed that Browder's testimony was truthful because thus far Trump hasn't been directly implicated in it. Now the details of how and when trump fits into all of it will leak or come out somehow and the WH already used their turn to confirm it to get in a quick FAKE NEWS.

Yeah I can't believe this. Dude basically broke down how these people were acting in Putin's interest and how adoptions talk couldn't be anything other than Magnitzky sanctions and even how Manafort would know as much.

Then Sanders tried to inject a Gotcha moment no one even asked about. Numbskull.

SeeThree

Bill Browder says Putin absolutely likes to play both sides and the FIRST thing he would investigate is Trumps money. Money is the whole fucking point.

Trying to spin anything in this testimony as a positive for Trump is hilarious. The thing Browder knows for sure about FusionGPS is they were working to repeal the Magnitsky Act.
He doesn't really give a shit about the Steele dossier and says he hasn't even read it all.

Conservative media is trying to paint some deep conspiracy theory about Obama, Hillary, and Democrats colluding with Russia and FusionGPS to create this "fake" dossier to hurt Trump. That this whole thing EVERYTHING about Russia was because of this dossier.

Oh and Natalia Veselnitskaya was working with Democrats to setup the Donald Jr. meeting. This was an elaborate sting operation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/26/russia-probe-democrats-block-key-witness-against-shadowy-firm-fusion-gps.html
/\--check comments at the bottom.

These stupid motherfuckers are still posting about democrats blocking Browder from testifying even after he testified.
Fox keeps em dumber than a box of rocks.

This testimony is incredible

This man... i applaud his courage and the entire free world should heed his advice and back up all that is good in the world

Red Notice was already a revelation but this laser-focused summary of the dark forces we're up against is still mindblowing.

Watch this and educate yourself, GAF.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
There was also a series of leaked diplomatic cables in 2010 about how Russia is a mafia state.

Aikidoka

It felt like Lindsay Graham was trying to poke holes but wussed out and just went for a "well I'm sure Trump had no idea what the meeting was truly about."
I didn't see him as wanting to poke holes. He seemed very scathing towards the "love it" statement of Jr.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I didn't see him as wanting to poke holes. He seemed very scathing towards the "love it" statement of Jr.

He was trying to discredit the dossier because of the association with a Pro-Russia company. But this seems weird to me, because wasnt the OPPO started by like Jeb, and then Steele continued on his own? This would be implying Steele was paid for by the Russians and influenced that way.

Listening to the NPR show, the detail that really strikes me is how Putin managed to use anti-corruption efforts to bring to heel the oligarchs and assert power by making examples. It's basically Maranzano bringing the Five Families together. He's probably the biggest mobster in the world.

RaidenZR

Listening to the NPR show, the detail that really strikes me is how Putin managed to use anti-corruption efforts to bring to heel the oligarchs and assert power by making examples. It's basically Maranzano bringing the Five Families together. He's probably the biggest mobster in the world.

Can you provide a link to the NPR interview? Was it posted?

Top Bottom