• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two |OT| The Debt Is Paid

aravuus

Anyone finish it yet? How long is it, give or take?

Also, is anyone else trying to download on PSN right now? It's craaaaaawwwwwwwlinngggg

Took me around 6 hours, tried to explore everything, but still missed 5 audiologs.

Anyway, I loved it. Although,
I'm slightly disappointed that it mostly gave answers to questions related to Rapture since I personally liked Infinite more than BS1, though I loved the way they tied the two stories together.

Not as good as BS1 or Infinite but still very, very good.

NexusCell

Finished playing it. Heck of a lot better than the first episode in my mind, took about twice as long to finish too.

As for the ending...

Whelp, looks like that's the end of the Dewitt family once and for all...

Fairly certain that's the switch you use to
lower the bathysphere in order to get one of the three needed components.
That's all it does.

Oh okay, I thought I might be in areas I shouldn't be in yet, lol. Is it part of the story to
get into that room with an "Atlas supporter" guarding the door? He says only friends of Atlas or whatever can be let in. I didn't see a way inside, though.

SZips

Oh okay, I thought I might be in areas I shouldn't be in yet, lol. Is it part of the story to
get into that room with an "Atlas supporter" guarding the door? He says only friends of Atlas or whatever can be let in. I didn't see a way inside, though.

That room actually has
one of the three items you need
. At the point you're at, assuming you're already
collecting the three components, you can go back to that door now and they should let you in.

Played about a hour of this before I had a show, can't wait to get back to it. Really loving it so far, that opening is fantastic and the story is really shaping up to be awesome. Really like the stealth gameplay.

Question what's with the number next to your health bar? It seems to be going up bit I can't figure out what I'm doing that makes it move.

Gartooth

Played about a hour of this before I had a show, can't wait to get back to it. Really loving it so far, that opening is fantastic and the story is really shaping up to be awesome. Really like the stealth gameplay.

Question what's with the number next to your health bar? It seems to be going up bit I can't figure out what I'm doing that makes it move.

The number of medkits you have. Tapping right on the d-pad will cause you to refill your health when it is low.

Fuchsdh

What...

a horrible ending.

Holy jesus.

I've never wanted to pretend a piece of entertainment never existed before. I'm fine with Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. But jeez.

I guess Levine can knock over his sandcastles and take a dump in the box if he wants. It's his series. But man.

One thing that annoys me (which also annoyed me in Episode 1) is that enemies will respawn if you leave an area then want to go back. So if you are going to get some optional things, the main hub where I am now will respawn with enemies each time. Now that it's hard to avoid enemies, but ya know.

I've been playing for over 4 hours, and I just now
got all 3 items to repair the Lutece tear machine.
How far along am I? I feel like I'm going pretty slow and exploring as much as I can.

Gartooth

One thing that annoys me (which also annoyed me in Episode 1) is that enemies will respawn if you leave an area then want to go back. So if you are going to get some optional things, the main hub where I am now will respawn with enemies each time. Now that it's hard to avoid enemies, but ya know.

I've been playing for over 4 hours, and I just now
got all 3 items to repair the Lutece tear machine.
How far along am I? I feel like I'm going pretty slow and exploring as much as I can.

I'd say you have around an hour and a half to go.

Apdiddy

Just started with this and....

I'm not exactly sure I like the stealth gameplay for this. It doesn't exactly 'fit' with the previous games.
I do like that you can use the Big Daddy to attack other enemies, like in the first BioShock, and I especially like that you can't really kill a Big Daddy due to Elizabeth not having powers. Part of me is hoping that Elizabeth does regain her tear powers and just teleports enemies through tears into the middle of nowhere or pull out the Motorized Patriots to attack enemies. Maybe it will show up later.

I'd say you have around an hour and a half to go.

Ah okay, thanks.

---

Dammit, I stumbled upon the upgrades to
Old Man Winter before finding the actual vigor, so I couldn't get them. And I wanted to go back and get them after I got it.. I found one (behind the "food store" or whatever), but I can't remember where the other one was... I thought it was in the bathysphere dock area, but I couldn't find it.
Anyone remember?

Fuchsdh

Ah okay, thanks.

---

Dammit, I stumbled upon the upgrades to
Old Man Winter before finding the actual vigor, so I couldn't get them. And I wanted to go back and get them after I got it.. I found one (behind the "food store" or whatever), but I can't remember where the other one was... I thought it was in the bathysphere dock area, but I couldn't find it.
Anyone remember?

I believe it's at the Service Bay entrance? It's by one of the code machines.

I believe it's at the Service Bay entrance? It's by one of the code machines.

Hmm, I don't see a code machine by the service bay entrance. D; Should have taken a screenshot to remember by or something, lol.

EDIT: Found it. It was actually in the room with the
Lutece tear -_-
lol

A-V-B

What...

a horrible ending.

Holy jesus.

I've never wanted to pretend a piece of entertainment never existed before. I'm fine with Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. But jeez.

I guess Levine can knock over his sandcastles and take a dump in the box if he wants. It's his series. But man.

That was one weird ending. I expecting a lot of things, but... that? Weird...

Quesa

anyone know where all the coded transmissions are? I have three of them
after finding all three pieces of the lutece machine
but I'm not sure if i should look around or keep going. Are these mandatory? Are they worth getting if I don't care about achievements?

A-V-B

anyone know where all the coded transmissions are? I have three of them
after finding all three pieces of the lutece machine
but I'm not sure if i should look around or keep going. Are these mandatory? Are they worth getting if I don't care about achievements?

It just gets you some bonus goodies. The last one you don't have to hunt for much. Confused me too because i thought going to where the Atlas guys were would end it. Turns out, last one's in his base.

Quesa

It just gets you some bonus goodies. The last one you don't have to hunt for much. Confused me too because i thought going to where the Atlas guys were would end it. Turns out, last one's in his base.

I got the one there is the thing. I got the two
in the area where you get the scrubber
so I thought all of them where there until i got the third one. Where's the last one?

Not happy to hear this. This is yet another reason how season passes can be shams. A year long window from when Pass went on sale to when this hit the market.

Holy shit I forgot about that! It really has been a damn year since that Season Pass went up!
….like, it's kinda gross when you start to think about it (O__o)

Fuchsdh

Not happy to hear this. This is yet another reason how season passes can be shams. A year long window from when Pass went on sale to when this hit the market.

Well, it's my opinion, clearly others in this thread and at the reviews disagree, so don't ignore it on my account.

Season passes are definitely horrible though. At least in this case it was worth buying once all the content was announced; I certainly don't feel like my money was wasted, even if I ultimately disliked the story.

Absolutely loved it. The story brought everything full circle and the stealth worked much better than I expected it to.

If this is where BioShock ends, I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Just beat it, I have very mixed feelings. I think I understand it all, but I love some of what they did and feel other aspects were cheap. I'll have to let this one sit for a little while.

Pissed that I missed 2 audio diaries though. Is there an archive anywhere yet?

Kolgar

Just bought the season pass for $14.99 at GreenManGaming.

Played through Infinite on 360 but looking forward to enjoying the DLC in higher fidelity.

This looks promising!

Guri

For the ones that finished it,
is there any difference if you don't kill anyone, just use the sleeping darts? And, on the same question, what about the possession vigor, that can make someone kill your enemy?

Gartooth

is there any difference if you don't kill anyone, just use the sleeping darts? And, on the same question, what about the possession vigor, that can make someone kill your enemy?

There are no alternate cutscenes if that is what your asking.

A-V-B

Makes absolutely zero difference. Zero. Which sucks because at the beginning it seemed like it was going to take some kind of meaningful path for once. Nope. Another psycheout like the choices in BS:I. Shame is, it's one that would've had a lot more impact morally than the little sister dichotomy in BS1, because there were a lot of issues that could possibly ride on it.

Guri

Makes absolutely zero difference. Zero. Which sucks because at the beginning it seemed like it was going to take some kind of meaningful path for once. Nope. Another psycheout like the choices in BS:I. Shame is, it's one that would've had a lot more impact morally than the little sister dichotomy in BS1, because there were a lot of issues that could possibly ride on it.

That's too bad. Oh, well. Thanks, anyway!

Quesa

Haha I went behind one of those teleporting guys to bop him from behind and got teleported with him! Let me skip most of the section where
you have to get to Atlas' elevator

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I am about an hour in - (vague spoiler for reference where I am)
I've seen a Big Daddy walking around.

The atmosphere, callbacks, mindfuckery, and absolute self-indulgence in the fiction is goosebump inducing for me. I was taking a bathroom break, went to grab a beer, and a few feet from the fridge I stopped and actually had a think about what had happened up until the point I was at. Of course, since I'm very early on the conclusion was "this makes no sense, but HOLY SHIT!"

It's been a while since a game has had me hook, line and sinker like this franchise. I feel like this DLC will be Ken's farewell, and I'm almost afraid to progress because of it.

LeBart

Remember when the first trailer came out and we thought it would be a totally original side story set in a "film noir" version of Rapture? Well, turns out it's just more Bioshock, which is fine, but heh... I wanted something slightly different.
Still totally worth the price in my opinion. I really liked both episodes.

Quesa

How long are both episodes combined if I'm the type that loves to take my time and explore the world type?

I'm confident that if you're slow it'll take about 4-5 hours for both? My clock says about 4 hrs for ep 2 alone and I haven't finished it but that's cuz I alt-tab a lot.

How long are both episodes combined if I'm the type that loves to take my time and explore the world type?

7 or 8 hours.

On another note. Anyone else who completed disappointed by the fact that there was no "Thanks for supporting Irrational all of these years" or whatever at the end after the credits? This is their last game ever, thought there'd at least be some reference to that. Ah well.

Toa TAK

Banned
7 or 8 hours.

On another note. Anyone else who completed disappointed by the fact that there was no "Thanks for supporting Irrational all of these years" or whatever at the end after the credits? This is their last game ever, thought there'd at least be some reference to that. Ah well.

I'm more upset that BioShock 2 got wiped from this series as of this DLC.

A-V-B

7 or 8 hours.

Yeah, where was the shoutout? Not to fans, specifically, but just... in general. Acknowledgement that it's all over, and thanks to all the human beings who were a part of the experience. Seems kinda sad.

Don't worry, bro. Eleanor and Sinclair will live on forever in our hearts <3

First off, careful, spoilers.

Second of all, I'm not sure where you're getting that. It was never addressed at all as far as I can tell. See no reason why it's impossible now. In fact, it almost supports its existence in a way because
This game confirms that the good ending of Bioshock one is the canon ending, and that's the same ending that Bioshock 2 used as its premise.

Top Bottom