• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection - Announcement Trailer

Pretty sure I meet the PC requirements for the free upgrades there.

I disagree in not remastering Infinite. The texture work in that game is rough nowadays

I never directly played the first or second BioShock games to completion. I maybe got 2 hours into the first one AFTER watching my brother do a complete playthrough.

I have never touched #2 and I've maybe seen 30 seconds of footage of it ever.

I liked BioShock Infinite a lot. Never played its DLC.

I'm in. I'm excited. Most of this package will be pretty much fresh to me.

Mr.Sword

Do we know what is the difference between the current steam version and the remasters? upgraded assets? better lighting? If so I will wait for the new versions.

Tonky

Didn't immediately notice and significant graphical upgrades, other than 1080p/60fps. Really hoping this isn't such a simpler port-up, because Rapture and Columbia would look amazing with upgraded textures, lighting, water effects etc.

olimpia84

Perfect. By the time Black Friday comes this should have a nice discounted price. Will buy again even though I beat all games, love the BIoshock series :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the bundle on Steam, will that net me all the remasters plus DLC or do I need to also buy Minerva’s Den separately?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Ken Levine commentary? sign me up!

With this remaster i'll finally play more than 2 hours of Bioshock 2.

The start of that game is the worst part, it just keeps getting better. It's almost the opposite of the first game in that regard.

LOL $60, I can wait.

Decent remasters of three 10-15 hour games and all their DLC packs, seems reasonable to me.

Why not physical releasing them seperate like RE4/5/6? I don't give a rat's ass about the convoluted crap known as Bioshock Infinite and the unnecessary boring game known aa Bioshock 2. Man, sixty dollars... :-(

Nuke Soda

I have wanted to see the flying city of Columbia on the new gen for a while, will gladly pay for this set and completely ignore 2. I was not a fan of 2.

Menitta

If not why even bother, the console versions are running at 60fps now so you'd hope so.

Yet they have MASSIVE screen tearing. I popped in Bioshock 1 recently and me noticing what screen tearing is has ruined that game for me.

Nuke Soda

Yet they have MASSIVE screen tearing. I popped in Bioshock 1 recently and me noticing what screen tearing is has ruined that game for me.

I curse the day I even learned a little of framerate, so many games I loved not ruined, but tainted when they run bad.

Doesn't Bioshock 2 still have MP on the Steam release? Does this mean PC will no longer have access to it once the remaster is rolled out? Not that I know enough of it to be upset, but that seems kind of weird. Maybe I should give it a go sometime before this launches in case it is omitted.

GavinUK86

I think you do need to own Minerva's Den.

And if you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva’s Den on Steam, you will be able to upgrade to the remastered version of the respective title(s) for free after release.

"the respective titles".

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I hope we find out for sure before the Steam sale ends.

Gleethor

It's kind of incredible that both this and Skyrim SE are free upgrades for PC but aren't even discounted at all for digital console owners. I'm guessing the sole reason is that they know console owners will bend over and pay it.

Dishonored's "remaster" was a joke but at least it was cheaper if you already owned it digitally on consoles.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of incredible that both this and Skyrim SE are free upgrades for PC but aren't even discounted at all for digital console owners. I'm guessing the sole reason is that they know console owners will bend over and pay it.

Dishonored's "remaster" was a joke but at least it was cheaper if you already owned it digitally on consoles.

It's the same reason you pay to play your games online.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If it isn't fixed hopefully Digital Foundry and others will call them on it.

Top Bottom