• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Horde) & Burial At Sea (Rapture) revealed

Zoc

I don't know why ken Levine pooh poohed the "cutting room floor" stuff so much. If there was a cool bit of stuff that just didn't fit with the rest of the game, why not make it its own thing?

Also, why is this DLC and not a standalone, half-size, half-price sequel? That way the audience wouldn't be limited to people with copies of the original game, or to last-gen platforms.

Anything is possible.
In some universes they could've been residents of Rapture. Ken says they don't know each other at the start of the dlc which is weird though. Maybe they find out they are father and daughter during the story.

The moment he finds out she's his daughter, he'll slap the cigarette out of her mouth and cry in the corner of the bedroom.

spirity

Excited for this, and really thrilled at the prospect of returning to Rapture,
hearing Bobby Darrin and getting into the bathysphere was probably my favourite moment of Infinite. I did not see that coming and it was glorious.

Alright I think I've made the last update to the OP for a while. I gotta work now :X

Burial At Sea looks really interesting. Can't wait to see Rapture before the fall.

So disappointed, horde mode feels so unnecessary in Bioshock, actually never liked it in any game. The good part of the DLC doesn't have a releasedate yet... and is situated in Rapture, I dont wanna go back to Rapture, we had 2(!) games with that setting, there is so much to explore in Columbia.

they're also adding a new vigor to the first DLC pack...here it is in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVfYOp8wFnU

Ha, ha.

eorl

Banned
Man Rapture is just one of those awesome settings created in a game, no wonder they are going back to it. Especially now that its before the huge damage, we finally get to see Rapture alive and prosper, maybe even just before the fall?

pa22word

Also, why is this DLC and not a standalone, half-size, half-price sequel? That way the audience wouldn't be limited to people with copies of the original game, or to last-gen platforms.

Because they sold season passes when the game launched in order to both get a free loan from overzealous fans and keep people from trading in the game, and now they have to fulfill that.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Kind of hard to be excited about a piece of DLC that highlights the parts of the game I disliked.

I'll hold off for Burial at Sea.

PaulloDEC

Wow, people really hated the combat in Infinite, huh? I'm definitely more keen for Burial than I am Clash, but I'm not flipping out about it like virtually everyone else seems to be.

Hey they listened ;)

We've got Booker as a detective, at least.

And I like that classic noir style they've got going in the Burial at Sea trailer. Always felt that was really appropriate for Booker in particular.

You called it! Definitely excited for this approach. Maybe Burial at Sea will turn out to be another Minerva's Den in both scope (maybe larger?) and match it in quality.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Excited for this. Like many I wanted more Columbia but Rapture before the fall sounds awesome too.

But I thought Booker and Elizabeth only existed in the Columbia universes. The fact that there were infinite universes didn't mean that there was a Booker and Elizabeth in each.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Actually, (ENDGAME)
in the realities where Booker continues to be Booker there can't be a Columbia because he has to become Comstock to build it.

Alucrid

Banned
Wow, people really hated the combat in Infinite, huh? I'm definitely more keen for Burial than I am Clash, but I'm not flipping out about it like virtually everyone else seems to be.

after the wait and buying my first and last season pass (stupid fucking thing), yes, i'm angry that the first thing we get is just a horde mode

Well yeah, it's basically the Chinatown poster lol:

51GKQYW7SFL.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Wave combat? blech. And it doesn't seem like this DLC won't answer the myriad of questions and plot holes left by the original game.

Reckoner

Will pass the Horde DLC since I don't see a point of something like that on a game so story focused like BioShock. Burial At Sea looks promising, though. I'll take it!

Don't really care much about the arena DLC, but the Burial at Sea one looks cool.

Although... I'm a little disappointed the story DLC is taking place in Rapture. I really wanted to see more of Columbia personally, but... seeing Rapture before it falls would be cool as well, I suppose.

Andrew.

Banned
So much for Martyr Booker and the Vox Populi side story we all assumed.

Burial at Sea sounds awesome though. Clash in the Clouds however I will pass on.

MrBS

Horde mode is part of the added value of season pass now? I can feel the internet smacking me behind the head now. So damn stupid. Enjoy my money 2K!

Excited to see Rapture in the updated engine. Going back to the original game (having never played it before) after playing Infinite is hard to do.

I didn't hate the combat, what I hated was the enemy encounter design. Go into an area, hundreds of dudes pour out from every door knowing exactly where I am, kill them all, rinse repeat. There's no opportunity to sneak up on people, there's no time to set up traps and lure people. You're just reacting all the time, you can never really be proactive and experiment with the environment the way you could in Bioshock.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm looking forward to Clash too and will grab it (probably during a sale lol), I liked the combat. Then again, I only played the game recently and haven't been waiting for the DLC, so I can understand how those who bought the season pass may be a little annoyed.

decayedmatter

Neo Member
So disappointed, horde mode feels so unnecessary in Bioshock, actually never liked it in any game. The good part of the DLC doesn't have a releasedate yet... and is situated in Rapture, I dont wanna go back to Rapture, we had 2(!) games with that setting, there is so much to explore in Columbia.

Ha, ha.

CLEWWWWD!

Top Bottom