• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Horde) & Burial At Sea (Rapture) revealed

TheOddOne

You guys only think about the sex. Not everything has to be about the sex. Sex is cool though, but a break from it could be cool. Like focusing on characters and the world. Also, The Fall Of Rapture.

Disappointed the DLC is set in Rapture, but there's no denying it sounds great.

the bigger news is that the second and third DLC packs will form a two-part detective story set in Rapture. "Called Burial at Sea, it will star Booker and Elizabeth as private investigator and femme fatale respectively, and you will get to play as both of them. The DLC pack released today is called Clash in the Clouds. It's a wave-based arena game that makes the most of Infinite's varied combat system. It also includes new voxophones, written by creative director Ken Levine, as well as kinetoscopes and other unlockable goodies to keep fans happy.

Nice.

1 - Songbird related story DLC
2+3 - Rapture detective

would have been fantastic.

Yes, this. I would've loved to have learned more Songbird (where he came from, who he was), and maybe some gameplay with him. It's a bit disappointing. Are these three pieces of DLC the only ones Irrational is doing?
After all this time, this shit better be Minerva's Den quality at the very least

It's only been four months.

Zornack

Anyone else thinking they realized early in DLC development that they wouldn't be able to get Buried at Sea out until late 2013 so they made Clash in the Clouds to get something out reasonably soon after launch?

U2NUMB

Ugh I hate solo horde modes in games. I have been burned by season passes so many times one would think I would learn my lesson.

KDC720

I had no qualms with the combat in Infinite, so Clash in the Clouds looks alright and its only 5 bucks.

I am getting huge Casablanca vibes from Burial at Sea at though. I love me a good Noir story and the second episode is gonna let us play as Elizabeth. Should be really interesting.

Trigger

I'm not too thrilled by this news. :/

I'll live though. I did like the combat and a noir story with Liz and Book oughta be fun. I just wanted to see more of Columbia.

iNvid02

Can we exchange the horde mode DLC for a making of documentary instead?

It took me a long time, but I just watched The Last of Us making documentary last week and it was absolutely fantastic. Loved it.

that documentary really was superb, makes me wish more companies would think about offering something similar

maybe its just me, but i think something like that would be more meaningful to fans who enjoyed the game and are willing to throw down cash for a season pass than some of this minor non-narrative driven dlc

So Clash in the Clouds is still coming today for 360? The OP says it'll hit when they publish their usual updates but isn't that typically around 5AM EST which we are past at this point. Guessing might have to hold off one more day perhaps?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yes, this. I would've loved to have learned more Songbird (where he came from, who he was), and maybe some gameplay with him. It's a bit disappointing. Are these three pieces of DLC the only ones Irrational is doing?
Sounds like that's it, Clash then two parts of Burial at Sea.

this is hilarious, people who bought the season pass is going to be pissed..
If they are they really have no one to blame but themselves. Throwing money down on something when you haven't the foggiest what it is or when it'll release...what would you expect?

The 2nd and 3rd DLCs look good, though. Here's hoping they improve the gunplay for those.

muzzymate

Am I the only one actually looking forward to Clash in the Clouds? I enjoyed the combat in Infinite, especially when the skylines were involved. Matching that up with unlocking DVD-equivelent of extra features is a nice touch. Sure, combat wasn't my favorite part of Infinite, but it was incredibly memorable in certain locations to me.

Burial at Sea looks amazing as I've certainly always wanted to see Rapture before the fall but it seems like strange to attach it to Bioshock Infinite. Hoping there is some strong ties to Columbia as there seems like there would be a lot to explore there. And having Elizabeth be a playable character seems incredibly strange to me for Part 2.

Either way, I'm super excited for all of this and glad I got the DLC for effectively "free" with the Microsoft Store preorder / 1600MSP deal.

Fuu

Am I the only one actually looking forward to Clash in the Clouds? I enjoyed the combat in Infinite, especially when the skylines were involved. Matching that up with unlocking DVD-equivelent of extra features is a nice touch. Sure, combat wasn't my favorite part of Infinite, but it was incredibly memorable in certain locations to me.

Burial at Sea looks amazing as I've certainly always wanted to see Rapture before the fall but it seems like strange to attach it to Bioshock Infinite. Hoping there is some strong ties to Columbia as there seems like there would be a lot to explore there. And having Elizabeth be a playable character seems incredibly strange to me for Part 2.

Either way, I'm super excited for all of this and glad I got the DLC for effectively "free" with the Microsoft Store preorder / 1600MSP deal.
I'm interested in it too, it's good how all the new maps they showed have a hefty amount of skylines.

Achievements are up for Clash in the Clouds, via xbox360achievements. I'll censor them even though there aren't any spoilers, but in case some people don't want to see them beforehand. Pretty straightforward and uninspired list in my opinion.

Friendly Skies 15
Defeat all waves in The OPS Zeal.

Duke or Dimwit? 15
Defeat all waves in Duke and Dimwit Theater.

Rooftop Ruffian 15
Defeat all waves in Raven's Dome.

Hand of the Prophet 30
Defeat all waves in Emporia Arcade.

Museum Curator 15
In CitC, unlock all Gallery items.

Sergeant-at-Arms 15
In CitC, get a kill with each weapon and vigor (except Bucking Bronco).

Rope-a-Dope 15
In CitC, knock an enemy off the city with Undertow, then rescue him, then knock him off again.

The Ol' One-Two 15
In CitC, use all eight different vigor combos to deliver the killing blow on an enemy.

Missile Defense System 30
In CitC, kill an enemy with splash damage by shooting a rocket out of the air.

Blue Ribbon Champ 30
In CitC, complete all Blue Ribbon Challenges.

Fuu

Here's the deal of why some are angry (I'm not, just clarifying it for those who don't know):

Irrational says there will be 3 pieces of single-player DLC. Everyone (obviously) assumes they will all be story-related. A lot of people buy the Season Pass. The wishlist goes as: more Columbia, more Songbird, Rapture in its heyday.

A few months later, it's revealed the DLC will be as follows:

1- Clash in the Clouds, a horde mode.
2- Burial At Sea Part 1, detective story DLC set in Rapture.
3- Burial At Sea Part 2, detective story DLC set in Rapture.

Bioshock Infinite ending spoilers

Am I the only one who was pissed when I saw Elizabeth lighting up a cigarette? It looks cool and all but all I could think of is 'Young lady, put that cigarette out RIGHT NOW! Don't you know it's bad for you?!'

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Don't care much about the 1st DLC, but the others sounds pretty awesome. Always prefered Rapture to the floating city.

erawsd

Anyone else thinking they realized early in DLC development that they wouldn't be able to get Buried at Sea out until late 2013 so they made Clash in the Clouds to get something out reasonably soon after launch?

I kinda feels like that, looks like something that was tossed together in 2-3 weeks. It seems like something they're putting out there to calm all the anger from the impatient season pass holders.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
WOW, that's the shittiest idea they could've gone with.

Burial at Sea seems promising at least.

EliCash

For those saying "glad I didn't pick up the season pass, will get Burial at Sea", will Burial at Sea not be 800 points each, therefore by buying the season pass now you pretty much get Clash in the Clouds for free?

It's pretty obvious, even Eurogamer calls it a stopgap. People paid for a season pass, you can't make them wait almost a year for the first dlc and making something like Burial at Sea in 4 months is impossible.

spirity

Am I the only one who was pissed when I saw Elizabeth lighting up a cigarette? It looks cool and all but all I could think of is 'Young lady, put that cigarette out RIGHT NOW! Don't you know it's bad for you?!'

Heh. Well, it fits in with the period its based in. That sort of thing was deemed elegant and chic.

Ominym

Banned
I'm pretty thrilled about the Burial at Sea stuff. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it kind of cheap. When I contemplated DLC for Infinite, I expected it to be about Columbia. I still want to know more about the world that the base game took place in. No, I do not feel this horde mode DLC solves this even with extra voxophones.

I suppose it's just feels as if they're returning to the well on this one.

-GJ-

So both the story packs are going to be 1200 MSP each while the horde mode costs 400 points. Which equals to 2800 MSP.

The season pass, which includes all tree of these packs, is only 1600 MSP, right? If that's the case I don't see why people who only wanted story DLC to be pissed off at the season pass including a horde mode, since they'd still have a 1200 MSP discount, or a 800 point discount if you don't include the 400 MSP of the horde pack.

Tl;dr: Two story DLC's = 2400 MSP (1200 each), season pass is only 1600 MSP, so the season pass is profitable in every possible way you look at it. Even if you don't want the horde mode.

edit: I read on Polygon that both Burial at Sea episodes will be priced at $15 each. Now Kotaku states that they will both net you a total of $20. Does anyone know what the actual price is going to be?

Still 800*2 = 1600, so that means the Clash in the Clouds DLC is still *free* if you buy the season pass.

Lach

Excited for this. Like many I wanted more Columbia but Rapture before the fall sounds awesome too.

Actually, (ENDGAME)
in the realities where Booker continues to be Booker there can't be a Columbia because he has to become Comstock to build it.

This! It is very possible that the orignal Brooke reality is the same as Rapture! The tragic thing for me is that they apparently don't know each other which would again suggest they didn't have a happy father/childhood. The other question is if Elisabeth has her powers. In the original games they had resulted because of her switching realities as a baby (if I recall correctly) which might or might not have happened here

For those saying "glad I didn't pick up the season pass, will get Burial at Sea", will Burial at Sea not be 800 points each, therefore by buying the season pass now you pretty much get Clash in the Clouds for free?

Yeah, if you have even a slight interest in CITC I guess it's worth it. I didn't buy the pass but I was expecting a more substantial saving, usually a 20$ season pass gives you 30$ of content.

I love how many people are complaining about the DLC taking a long time, these are the same people that complain about devs working on DLC during main production.

You can't have it both ways folks.

Achievements are up for Clash in the Clouds, via xbox360achievements. I'll censor them even though there aren't any spoilers, but in case some people don't want to see them beforehand. Pretty straightforward and uninspired list in my opinion.

Friendly Skies 15
Defeat all waves in The OPS Zeal.

Duke or Dimwit? 15
Defeat all waves in Duke and Dimwit Theater.

Rooftop Ruffian 15
Defeat all waves in Raven's Dome.

Hand of the Prophet 30
Defeat all waves in Emporia Arcade.

Museum Curator 15
In CitC, unlock all Gallery items.

Sergeant-at-Arms 15
In CitC, get a kill with each weapon and vigor (except Bucking Bronco).

Rope-a-Dope 15
In CitC, knock an enemy off the city with Undertow, then rescue him, then knock him off again.

The Ol' One-Two 15
In CitC, use all eight different vigor combos to deliver the killing blow on an enemy.

Missile Defense System 30
In CitC, kill an enemy with splash damage by shooting a rocket out of the air.

Blue Ribbon Champ 30
In CitC, complete all Blue Ribbon Challenges.

Hell yes. New trophies!

gdt

A little disappointed in Clash In the Clouds, but Burial At Sea sounds like exactly what I wanted. A nice dualogy. I'll get the season pass right now.

What? I don't recall this. When does it happen in the game?

Also,
I'M A BIG GIRL NOW DADDY! I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!!

EliCash

After looking at all the great art and ideas that didn't make it into Bioshock Infinite and wondering about all the possibilities, it is a little disappointing that we won't be getting more of Columbia.

This! It is very possible that the orignal Brooke reality is the same as Rapture! The tragic thing for me is that they apparently don't know each other which would again suggest they didn't have a happy father/childhood. The other question is if Elisabeth has her powers. In the original games they had resulted because of her switching realities as a baby (if I recall correctly) which might or might not have happened here

I doubt the reality switching happened here. They are both leading apparently normal lifes in Rapture so it wouldn't make sense.

Top Bottom