• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Damn been a while since I played it, don't remember it sounding like that. Though some parts sound familiar. All I could remember was those cool retro '50s songs of like a woman singing. you know the ones I mean?
Also who was the Bioshock composer? that song sounds a lot like some other stuff

So ending got leaked. Can't wait for the game to be released for the discussion.

Everyone, hit the deck! Don't come back to this thread like people did in movies thread here where someone would spoil TDKR or Avengers in a random post and then quite a few victims would see it before mods swooped in.

Vire

I have assured the game's level designer's worries about press integrity and asked about the integrity of his boss and as well as his companies PR department.

Have some goddamn respect for the fine folks crafting this game. I find it awesome that we can have developers like Shawn Elliott come here and talk with fans about the game. What other forum in the world can you say the same? Let's keep it that way.

They have very little to do with the PR or advertising aspect of the this game.

Have some goddamn respect for the fine folks crafting this game. I find it awesome that we can have developers like Shawn Elliott come here and talk with fans about the game. What other forum in the world can you say the same? Let's keep it that way.

They have very little to do with the PR or advertising aspect of the this game.

If they have little to do with the PR or advertising aspect of the game, then they should'nt talk about press integrity or anything. Its okay when someone makes an exclusive review and gives 9 out of 10 but press gets the blame when a game leaks. Is that it?

I have assured the game's level designer's worries about press integrity and asked about the integrity of his boss and as well as his companies PR department.

First time I have ever seen someone associate a level designer to PR people. They're completely separate departments that have very little to do with each other.
If they have little to do with the PR or advertising aspect of the game, then they should'nt talk about press integrity or anything. Its okay when someone makes an exclusive review and gives 9 out of 10 but press gets the blame when a game leaks. Is that it?

Considering the type of game it is and how they need as much sales as possible (hence all the incentivising on PC) then I highly doubt anyone at their development studio leaked the game. It would do more harm to them than good. So in this case it seems apt to blame reviewers or people with early copies.

x-Lundz-x

what the hell is going on in this thread? Why do we have people hating on each other and not making a huge Bioshock Infinite love orgy?

Xdrive05

I feel bad for the mods right about now. They have to find out what the spoiler is, basically, in order to hulk smash. Or at least they're bound to get spoiled before the dust settles. Sorry guys! :(

antitrop

what the hell is going on in this thread? Why do we have people hating on each other and not making a huge Bioshock Infinite love orgy?

You should have been here last night. The god damned spoiler asshole ruined everything and now we're talking about piracy and stupid shit nobody cares about.
Last night we all just basked in the glow of how great of a year 2007 was for video games.

I liked that way better. Somebody post a Bioshock wallpaper or something.

ironcreed

Banned
Hey guys is this the Infinite thread?

tumblr_m11z8r3AYH1r3gup8o1_500.gif

Andrew.

Banned
Valentine needs to get Hulk smashed anyway since mods have already stated that if youre gonna discuss the game, you gotta prove you have it.

We havent seen shit and are only getting battered with unnecessary hostility which in itself is shady as fuck.

We need to get back into the 2007 discussion we were having last night.

Edit: damn Anti.

Valentine needs to get Hulk smashed anyway since mods have already stated that if youre gonna discuss the game, you gotta prove you have it.

We havent seen shit and are only getting battered with unnecessary hostility which in itself is shady as fuck.

We need to get back into the 2007 discussion we were having last night.

Edit: damn Anti.

I suppose he could take a picture of just the options screen or something.
I still want to see a PS3 and 360 comparison cause I can see the PS3 version has screen tearing dont know about 360.

Andrew.

Banned
2007 - fuck Mario Galaxy

I already stated I hated the 3D Marios last night.

07 rocked for ME1, Orange Box and BioShock for me.

Didnt Ass Creed come out then too?

x-Lundz-x

You should have been here last night. The god damned spoiler asshole ruined everything and now we're talking about piracy and stupid shit nobody cares about.
Last night we all just basked in the glow of how great of a year 2007 was for video games.

I liked that way better. Somebody post a Bioshock wallpaper or something.

Ohh, I am usually around but maybe I went to bed to early or something to miss what happened. I mean GAF is the one place I thought I was safe from spoilers so that sucks if the real ending got posted, especially not spoiler tagged.

And yeah 2007 was damn near the perfect year for video games. So much goodness that year.

Anyway on to Bioshock; I am so tempted to replay one and two this weekend and just go on a Bioshock binge but I think that will just be too much. I'll beat infinite and then maybe do a trifecta run down the road.

antitrop

AssCreed was one of my low-lights of 07, along with Heavenly Sword as I mentioned before.
Don't forget the first Uncharted was 07, too! I played a ridiculous amount of amazing games in the last 3 months of that year.

When you honestly sit down and think about the quality of that year, I think it even far surpasses the previous greatest year of gaming (2004, MGS3, San Andreas, Halo 2, etc) by quite a margin.

Grief.exe

Mass Effect, Bioshock, Portal, Episode 2, Team fortress 2, Uncharted, Crackdown, The Darkness.

What a great year.

Holy shit.

I personally think the AC franchise is way overrated.

Stalker also came out in 2007, I suppose it didn't get good until at least 2008/2009 because of mods.

I hated 07 except Orange Box and Bio.

Mass Effect sucked more than the demo shown at the conferences.

Also AssCreed was a big disappointment.

Andrew.

Banned
AssCreed was one of my low-lights of 07, along with Heavenly Sword as I mentioned before.

Don't forget the first Uncharted was 07, too! I played a ridiculous amount of amazing games in the last 3 months of that year.

I had to wait til 09 to experience UC1. I played it RIGHT before UC2 and by that time I was kinda burned out, which is why UC2 is my least favorite of the trilogy. I replayed it this summer and felt the same. I know, I know. Im a dead man.

On a Bio Binge note, my buddy is ripping through 2, Minerva and then 1 and surprisingly he claims he'll be fine for Infinite and wont be tired. Im proud of him.

x-Lundz-x

Really? I just played and beat that a week ago. I never got into the series before now but kept telling myself I would get them and I purchased all of them recently. I thought the first game was pretty good, still held up ok. I hear 2 is amazing but Ass Creed 1 was pretty damn good in my book. Just repetitive.

Derrick01

Banned
2007 was so good even I liked it. It's probably the last year I thought was stacked, but 08 and 09 had some good stuff too. The industry died after that though.

Muffdraul

Damn been a while since I played it, don't remember it sounding like that. Though some parts sound familiar. All I could remember was those cool retro '50s songs of like a woman singing. you know the ones I mean?
Also who was the Bioshock composer? that song sounds a lot like some other stuff

Well there are two aspects of the soundtrack- the old songs that were used in the game, and the new music that was composed specifically for it.

DukeBobby

I had to wait til 09 to experience UC1. I played it RIGHT before UC2 and by that time I was kinda burned out, which is why UC2 is my least favorite of the trilogy. I replayed it this summer and felt the same. I know, I know. Im a dead man.

Uncharted 3 is not your favourite, right? Say it ain't so!!

Andrew.

Banned
Ass Creed 1 was pretty damn good in my book. Just repetitive.

Ass Creed 1 is still the only game in the entire damn series that employs at least some sort of stealth mechanic which makes it stand out to me. It isn't the best, but its better than alot of other shitty "stealth" games out there.

Andrew.

Banned
Uncharted 3 is not your favourite, right? Say it ain't so!!

The original is my fav =D

However 3 has my favorite cutscenes. You cant beat that entire scene with young Drake and Sully sitting in that hole in the wall restaurant getting to know each other.

Not sure what happened in the thread. Trying to keep my distance till the release... but damnnnnnnn hope whatever happened didn't ruin people already. Getting pretty excited even though I have wayyyyyyyy to much to play right now. Can't wait to talk more once it's released. :D

The original is my fav =D

However 3 has my favorite cutscenes. You cant beat that entire scene with young Drake and Sully sitting in that hole in the wall restaurant getting to know each other.

I thought 2 was the best story wise 3 had better graphics. I think my PS3 will be ok so its really up to me what version I want.

antitrop

Really? I just played and beat that a week ago. I never got into the series before now but kept telling myself I would get them and I purchased all of them recently. I thought the first game was pretty good, still held up ok. I hear 2 is amazing but Ass Creed 1 was pretty damn good in my book. Just repetitive.
I got like 90% of the way through the game and realized I wasn't having any fun, and that I was never having any fun. I was merely aimlessly completing objectives to tick off an arbitrary checklist in a trance like "carrot on a stick" state. Once I snapped out of it I realized how paper thin the gameplay was and how uninterested in the plot I was I just never even bothered to play the last 30 minutes or whatever it would have required to beat the game.

I was playing on PS3 so there weren't even Trophies, yet.

I think it has a lot of parallels to this year's Tomb Raider, although there was something about that game that clicked for me where AC1 did not.

x-Lundz-x

Here's the tombstone: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50846883&postcount=1363

It's safe to click, obviously has been edited by mods.

Ahh ok, and we must be in totally different time zones cause that post was at around noon for me today, which was 6 hours ago.

Texas-GAf here...
Don't hate me, a lot of us Texans are good peeps :)

I got like 90% of the way through the game and realized I wasn't having any fun, and that I was never having any fun. I was merely aimlessly completing objectives to tick off an arbitrary checklist in a trance like "carrot on a stick" state. Once I snapped out of it I realized how paper thin the gameplay was and how uninterested in the plot I was I just never even bothered to play the last 30 minutes or whatever it would have required to beat the game.

I was playing on PS3 so there weren't even Trophies, yet.

I think it has a lot of parallels to this year's Tomb Raider, although there was something about that game that clicked for me where AC1 did not.
I can definitely see that point though, it was very repetitive and checklistish. From everything I hear 2 fixed all the probs the first game had so I hope that is true.

And Tomb Raider, man that was incredible. I mean sure the collectibles meant nothing and the puzzle rooms (lol) were no challenge at all but still it blew my mind away with the production value and how good it was overall.

Top Bottom