• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Raxus

Really? I just played and beat that a week ago. I never got into the series before now but kept telling myself I would get them and I purchased all of them recently. I thought the first game was pretty good, still held up ok. I hear 2 is amazing but Ass Creed 1 was pretty damn good in my book. Just repetitive.

You'd love 2 then. Better hero, variety, and the hone AC's gameplay to a fine sheen.

Back to Bioshock Infinite though, are the two IGN samples the only 'examples' of what we can expect from the standard soundtrack?

I hated 07 except Orange Box and Bio.

Mass Effect sucked more than the demo shown at the conferences.

Also AssCreed was a big disappointment.

AC wasn't a huge disappointment for me personally, but I definitely had a "Maybe next time" view on it.

Rock Band was 2007 as well. Damn fun times.

Holy crap, Skate. also released in 2007.

antitrop

Ahh ok, and we must be in totally different time zones cause that post was at around noon for me today, which was 6 hours ago.

Texas-GAf here...
Don't hate me, a lot of us Texans are good peeps :)

I live in Colorado, yo (Stoner-GAF represent). When I was talking about last night I meant that's when we were having better discussions.

Ass Creed 1 is still the only game in the entire damn series that employs at least some sort of stealth mechanic which makes it stand out to me. It isn't the best, but its better than alot of other shitty "stealth" games out there.

This is probably why I liked it as much as I did.

Derrick01

Banned

mass effect
rock band
orange box
cod 4
god of war 2
WoW burning crusade
crackdown
ratchet ToD
guitar hero 3
the witcher
fire emblem radiant dawn (didn't play it in 07 though)
crysis
uncharted 1...kind of

mario galaxy wasn't horrible I guess but I was mostly bored with it. Had a small amount of fun with it in some levels I suppose.

mass effect
rock band
orange box
cod 4
god of war 2
WoW burning crusade
crackdown
ratchet ToD
guitar hero 3
the witcher
fire emblem radiant dawn (didn't play it in 07 though)
crysis
uncharted 1...kind of

mario galaxy wasn't horrible I guess but I was mostly bored with it. Had a small amount of fun with it in some levels I suppose.

I hated COD4 then and I hate it now.

I seriously don't get how anyone can say COD4 isn't as bad as let say MW2.
Not as many set pieces and average story doesn't change the design philosophy of those type of shooters.

diamount

Banned

Not as many set pieces and average story doesn't change the design philosophy of those type of shooters.

For it's time, it was pretty damn fantastic. It's just they milked the formula after it's massive success.

Derrick01

Banned
Holy shit I completely forgot The Witcher was in 2007.

Megaton Gaming Industry Year of All Time.

2004 is still the best year ever, but 07 is easily the best of this mostly horrible generation.

COD 4 had the best multiplayer of the franchise and the most balanced. The RPG stuff and unlocking everything was pretty addictive at the time too, even if most of us hate it now. But it was back when COD still mostly relied on player skill since it only had 3 kill streaks and not as many insane perks.

Voice of Reason said:
Oh god, that list is fucking amazing. 1998, 2004 and 2007 are monumental years for gaming.

I left out stuff too since I was only listing what I liked from that year. Like I didn't add Halo 3 for example.

antitrop

I dunno, the 60fps on consoles, the AC-130 mission (even in Post-Spec Ops hindsight), the "account for the wind" sniper mission with Price, watching your main character die from first person, and the best multiplayer the franchise has ever had go a long way towards making Call of Duty 4 pretty special.

antitrop

2004 is still the best year ever, but 07 is easily the best of this mostly horrible generation.

Not being a huge Metal Gear Solid or Halo fan does kind of put a bit of a damper on that year, for me. It's certainly the best of that console generation, without question, but 2007 is just so... boner.

diamount

Banned
Very odd ending.

stop-right-there.jpg

Andrew.

Banned
Guys, if someone makes an assholey slip and posts some vague shit like that, please dont repost it and trip up the discussion we're having. Just ignore it, move on and let it get buried.

Obviously if its something major thats a different story.

AssCreed was one of my low-lights of 07, along with Heavenly Sword as I mentioned before.
Don't forget the first Uncharted was 07, too! I played a ridiculous amount of amazing games in the last 3 months of that year.

When you honestly sit down and think about the quality of that year, I think it even far surpasses the previous greatest year of gaming (2004, MGS3, San Andreas, Halo 2, etc) by quite a margin.

Aren't you forgetting 1998?

x-Lundz-x

We shouldnt have to be out, they should be banned instead. Not that the comment was very spoilery but anyone that does spoil needs to be dealt with.

OK I'm back. GAF addiction you know...

Guys just, don't even mention anything about any ending in here! In fact, let's stop using the word ending for a while.

Guys, if someone makes an assholey slip and posts some vague shit like that, please dont repost it and trip up the discussion we're having. Just ignore it, move on and let it get buried.

Obviously if its something major thats a different story.

yeah, you're right...that shit just made my blood boil immediately.

at least I have avoided major spoilers unlike other people.

antitrop

Aren't you forgetting 1998?
Two of my favorite games of all time, Half-Life and the PC port of Final Fantasy VII (how I first played it) were from that year. I can certainly never forget it.
And mothafuckin' StarCraft... So much StarCraft. Nevermind, you're right, 1998 is the best year ever.

I asked my parents for three games for Christmas that year: StarCraft, Trespasser, and Rainbow Six.

2/3 ain't bad.

antitrop

Aw man FF7 on PC. How was that?

The graphics were considerably better, since I was lucky enough to have a compatible Voodoo 2 card for it, but I remember it being so picky about 3D Accelerators and sound cards at the time, it was rather a terrible port.

I was also lucky enough to have hardware that was compatible with the MIDI synthesizer so I didn't have to listen to the normal PC music, which is notoriously worse than the PS1.

So, because I was lucky, it was great. There were certainly plenty of people at the time who were forced to play it in Software mode (even w/ a 3D Accelerator) and without the proper MIDI synthesization. Poor bastards.

I keep saying I'm out... but I can't stay away. I didn't get any work done yesterday, and I doubt I will get any done today!

These 2007 discussions warm my heart. One of the best years, for sure. I see 1998 and 2004 getting mentioned, but I think 1994 should also be put in the mix. There was a thread about this a few months back.

Have any new impressions come out for Infinite? Is the verdict looking good?

Top Bottom