• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Nando13

Fucking professor assigns a 10 pager for the 27th

gif2wq.gif

Luckily here in my country we celebrate Holy Week next week.

I was kind of on the fence about whether I should buy this on launch, and if I did what version should I get. After reading the PC specs, and seeing the rewards available on Steam I think I have to go with the PC version. Pretty sure my laptop can run it on at least high settings, and I can always go Big Picture Mode if I want a console like experience.

Ohwiseone

I'm excited for this game so much.

I won't be able to pick it up until next friday, but I will have the weekend at least to play it. (in and around my work shifts)

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my xcom key and now I don't know what to do with it. Doubt my friend will want to play it lol.

Did you have to restart Steam to get it, or did it pop up in your inventory?

Dartastic

I just looked at my student loan balance. Man, I really wish I could just go after Elizabeth. "Get the girl, wipe away the debt."

Vire

Great OT.

I absolutely cannot wait for this game. First game this year I'm truly excited about...

Vire

Glad your excitement got reinvigorated. Was kinda worried you jumped on the "this is gonna be a piece of shit" bandwagon.

Hell nah, just slightly concerned about the console version.

But that other guy came in and said it was fine.

ironcreed

Banned
I think I'm most excited about the sky hook and exploring Columbia for the first time. Hype at ridiculous levels!

Yeah, the roller coaster effect of zipping around will be enough reason alone for me to want to play it again. Not to even mention the gameplay variety with weapons and Vigors. The game simply looks like great fun in a gorgeous world that feels alive and is begging to be explored.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

New game+?
My apologies if this has been answered already and I missed it reading through the thread but does anybody know about the existence of a New Game Plus as asked above (regardless of whether it's locked to an already completed difficulty or not)? It was a feature that made me replay the original Bioshock repeatedly by allowing for a large amount of variation with each plasmid and weapon (even though it broke the Medical Pavilion level somewhat) and I'm hoping to see it return.

It certainly is not a deal break though; I am far too excited for Infinite to release to be put off by the absence of such a feature. The original Bioshock (I had purchased it on the Playstation 3 as, at the time, I did not have a 360; I was completely unaware of the praise it received however and I bought it on release merely because I had remembered an early preview of it years previously) was my biggest 'wow' moment this generation and while I don't expect to be as blown away now I am hopeful that an equally as immersive and atmospheric experience will be created this time (and I don't mind if there's little difference in the gameplay; I must have been one of the few that adored the gameplay in Bioshock). I've watched most of the trailers released so far after becoming worried by the development cycle but from now until it's completed I'm going to try to avoid as much promotional material as possible (and this thread once people start receiving the game; the risk of spoilers is simply too large).

Excellent work on the OP and an excellent title. Hopefully the game doesn't disappoint or their next title will have to be a truly excellent experience to wipe away the debt.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I just realized Booker is an old dude. Wounded Knee Massacre was in 1890, so at best Booker is now 40 years old. Chances are though hes more like 45.

Words cannot describe how pumped I am for this game. Kept my hype under wraps for a very long time and I am trying to avoid stuff for the game now. Have a feeling I will play through the whole thing in one or two sittings lol

I wonder how that dude who got the game early (forgot his username) is enjoying it. I forgot to ask him if on PS3 the controllers can use L1 to aim and R1 to shoot curious.

Ohwiseone

The more interviews I see talking about what they did with Elizabeth and how they built her, makes me hope the story delivers.

I have a feeling it will, I think Ken is one of the best writers currently in the medium, I just hope the story does what I think it will.

I wonder how that dude who got the game early (forgot his username) is enjoying it. I forgot to ask him if on PS3 the controllers can use L1 to aim and R1 to shoot curious.

Borrowed a friend's review copy. And yes, by default you use L1 and R1. You can change it though. (Though i don't know why someone who plays the PS3 version would)

Vire

On the plus side:

I think it runs absolutely fine on p3, no stuttering or framerate drops noticed...​

So that's great.

Yeah, the draw distance seems like it's pretty low, but it looks pretty good and runs fine. I mean it's kinda hard to tell with such a shit video.

Borrowed a friend's review copy. And yes, by default you use L1 and R1. You can change it though. (Though i don't know why someone who plays the PS3 version would)

Oh cool thanks a lot sorry forgot your username was just wondering since I am still deciding on which version to get but I still have PS3 version preordered for now.

Top Bottom