• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection - Announcement Trailer

MadYarpen

I will get this for PS4 for sure. Though I'm worried if I'll enjoy it... I'm terrible at FPS shooters with the controller, I've been gaming on PC all my life. I liked Wolfenstein TNO for example, but often I felt like such an idiot, shooting anywhere but to enemies. And this is in closed spaces, also with melee action. Damn. But I loved BS1, and I want to replay it.

Ellite25

I will get this for PS4 for sure. Though I'm worried if I'll enjoy it... I'm terrible at FPS shooters with the controller, I've been gaming on PC all my life. I liked Wolfenstein TNO for example, but often I felt like such an idiot, shooting anywhere but to enemies. And this is in closed spaces, also with melee action. Damn. But I loved BS1, and I want to replay it.
In my opinion Bioshock 1 plays terribly with a controller. It's super clunky. I could never finish it.

I'm down. No multiplayer is a plus for me and having never played any DLC from the series might be fun. 60 dollars is a bit of a stretch though. Hopefully it will go down in price fairly quickly since it's only a remaster and is releasing in a period where all the heavy hitting 3rd party games release.

Now I only need a few more remasters till I can finally get rid of my PS3. Come on Mass Effect (never happening), Castlevania LoS series, Dead Space series, Dark and Demon's Souls and throw in the two KH ps3 remasters and I am good to go. Throw in Dragon's Dogma as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any word on Infinite's Clash in the Clouds DLC? Or is it just the two Burial at Sea episodes?

http://steamcommunity.com/games/8850/announcements/detail/606114300066920422

- BioShock Infinite
  • Burial at Sea - Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
  • Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
  • Columbia's Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.

Ghazi

So I guess it's a good idea to pick up 1 & 2 on the steam sale? I didn't think they'd do upgrades so I was holding off.

Alias03

I'm down. No multiplayer is a plus for me and having never played any DLC from the series might be fun. 60 dollars is a bit of a stretch though. Hopefully it will go down in price fairly quickly since it's only a remaster and is releasing in a period where all the heavy hitting 3rd party games release.

I'm confused, why is taking MP out a plus for you? If you didn't intend to play the MP that's fine you obviously don't have to, but you consider taking content out a plus?? How does that make sense?

AwShucks

I don't get the complaints about $60. Three quality games and their DLC remastered. It's not like it was going to be dirt cheap. Hell, if they remastered Bioshock 1 by itself and charged $20 people would probably accept it fine.

KyleCross

$60? I wish these companies would stop releasing re-releases at full price, doesn't matter how many titles are in it. $40 should be the go to price for re-release compilations.

$60? I wish these companies would stop releasing re-releases at full price, doesn't matter how many titles are in it. $40 should be the go to price for re-release compilations.

This is a really strange mindset to have if you ask me. Why shouldn't the price be different depending on how many games are in it?

Liamc723

They're not re-releases, they're remasters.

This collection warrants the $60 price tag.

Alias03

I disagree I think it's a pretty good value for 3 full games and all DLC included. I guess you could always wait for a sale if you feel it's too high. That being said it's not like id complain if it was cheaper haha. I guess my point is I don't feel it's overcharging considering the content.

Another game I want in September....

Damn. Something is gonna give. Why not August???

Summer is a dead zone then everything at once.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are some of my favorite games, but they'll have to wait until it's on sale unfortunately, way too many other new and good games are out this Fall.

Lucreto

About time it was announced. I should get the platinum for the first game before FFXV.

Pity about the multiplayer but it should make the game easier to platinum.

MUnited83

For you.
BioShock 2 MP was garbage so it won't be missed.

It was actually good imo. It was a really nice surprise, I was expecting it to be very bad because it was shoehorned on a franchise that didn't make sense to have it, but it ended up very enjoyable and fun. Even played a couple of matches this year lol.

I'm confused, why is taking MP out a plus for you? If you didn't intend to play the MP that's fine you obviously don't have to, but you consider taking content out a plus?? How does that make sense?

No multiplayer trophies. Only reason. Sure it's stupid but paying for Plus just to get trophies is even more stupid... For me anyway.

frogger

The problem with Bioshock remaster is that I played these games for their stories. Now I know the endings, I might not want to play them again.

Works great for me, only played demo of first one. Never had extra cash to buy. So going to get these and hopefully have fun!

Heard the last one is a fall from grace though?

Are there more concrete details on how you get the remasters on Steam?

I really don't want them to just upgrade my existing games. I still would like to have the option to play the originals.

antitrop

I played them all when they first came out, but I want to get this anyway to reevaluate my opinions on them and because I never got around to Minerva's Den.

Dominator

Hell yeah, finally. September 13th is getting expensive though lol

BioShock: The Collection
ReCore
Psycho-Pass
Trails of Cold Steel 2

This year is crazy.

Sweet, so I just went to Steam and Bio shock 1, Bio shock 2 and Minervas Den are all around $2.75. ( I only had Bio shock on 360, never played 2, and have Infinite on Steam already).

So for $7.91 I'm all set and good to go for the free HD remakes correct?

In-fact reading their announcement on steam it says if you have Bios hock1 and Bio schok 2 and/or Minerva's Den you get the upgrade free after release. That and/or may mean you only need Den or Bio Shock 2. Not both, but I got them both anyways.

Top Bottom