• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online |OT| Come on in, the sand's fine [Mediah Update]

Anyone have a guest pass they wouldn't mind giving away? I want to play but I really want to try it out before I make a purchase. Also, not sure how well it's going to run on my computer so I would like to test it out.

Got my Warrior made on the Orwen server. Name is Xaric if anyone wants to add me up.

pYvuNbM.png

I know they updated the lanterns to add visibility but it seems like they changed the pitch black night. I really liked the way it was in CBT2 but now I can see just fine even without a lantern and daylight seems to hit too soon. It should still be pretty dark between 1 and 3 AM.

Kalentan

How is everyone's FPS? Mine has been kind of shit. In some places it can get to 60 but then drop to 20's and in towns is really bad. Mainly on medium.

WaterAstro

Yeah, I preordered. I'm just wondering if I needed to do something about the preorder, like activating something.

Client login is giving me some generic message.

Ferr986

I know they updated the lanterns to add visibility but it seems like they changed the pitch black night. I really liked the way it was in CBT2 but now I can see just fine even without a lantern and daylight seems to hit too soon. It should still be pretty dark between 1 and 3 AM.

That's dissapointing, nights were already too short

How is everyone's FPS? Mine has been kind of shit. In some places it can get to 60 but then drop to 20's and in towns is really bad. Mainly on medium.

It's normal to get fps drop on cities, too much NPCs and players that constrain the CPU

Jayhawk

I haven't made it past Heidel as I've been too busy crafting and gathering. I managed to find and sell a few ancient crystal shards too.

Ashodin

You have to come to me in Olvia, I'm next to the Guild Manager for invites.

Invites have to be done face to face.

Ashodin

I have

FAMILY

Mossflower
Vazure
Dysphoria
Deadlock
Aadrian1234
Zips

If you're not in, I'll be on all tomorrow to add ya. Going to bed soon.

Matty8787

Decided I am going to play on the US server as I think it will be more sociable... Will be looking to join the guild as soon as you are available Ashodin.

Yaari

Hopefully they'll start handing out trials somewhere down the line. Kind of want to give the game a try. It sure looks fun, but no point in me buying it just yet. Most recent MMO's didn't really capture my interest for very long anymore.

Teknoman

Hopefully they'll start handing out trials somewhere down the line. Kind of want to give the game a try. It sure looks fun, but no point in me buying it just yet. Most recent MMO's didn't really capture my interest for very long anymore.

Theres always asking for guest passes here. Speaking of which, do those passes go live March 3rd as well?

Ferr986

980ti highest settings and only 40fps wth? My i5 2500k is at 4.6ghz so can't be that surely?

highest with high mode on?

That's weird because I get around 40 fps in highest settings (but high mode off) with a 950. High mode is a huge penalty for me, around 8-10 fps, but a 980ti should stomp this game no matter what IMO.

CPU is fine and even if it wasn't, it should be only a problem in cities/outpost/whatever places with lots of NPCs and/or players.

Stalk

Probably give this a try, looks nice but I'm unsure how much time I want to spend in MMOs anymore. Looks like an interesting oddity though - I am saddened that I have to buy a key at 29eur when the exchange is down mind :p

Rizzi

Do you guys think the explorer's package is worth the price difference between that and the traveler's package?

Matty8787

highest with high mode on?

That's weird because I get around 40 fps in highest settings (but high mode off) with a 950. High mode is a huge penalty for me, around 8-10 fps, but a 980ti should stomp this game no matter what IMO.

CPU is fine and even if it wasn't, it should be only a problem in cities/outpost/whatever places with lots of NPCs and/or players.

Yeah highest and high mode, really strange.

Doesn't feel low though, I can't figure it out.

Top Bottom