• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online |OT| Come on in, the sand's fine [Mediah Update]

I'm a little confused on the housing. You can only have 5 houses, so does that includes the crafting types houses? So unless I want to be switching the purpose of each house often I need to choose what I want to do?

Those houses are only limited by your contribution points. You can have as many as you want or need. I think it's just the 'Residence' type housing which is limited to 5.

Hikami

My witch and my valkyrie

yzgDRN6.jpg

mD8ofU8.jpg

Pretty happy with how they came out. Will probably also make a ranger then either a tamer or sorc. 5th slot I'll just keep unused til Blader is out.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be up for joining the EU guild too. Family name: Tankshell.

Thanks!

I'm definitely up for joining once I get access on the 3rd.

Awesome! I'm definitely up for joining (UK player). Let us know when the guild is up =)

I'm creating it now. but first we will be a clan...we need 100k silver to transform it into a guild..
it's called GAFDessert...I hope you are all okay with that >>

my family name is Anguirel

mkenyon

Banned
have people gotten their preorder stuff yet?
I requested mine within 5 mins of the game launching. I got a failed mail, and then requested it again about 24 hours ago. Last night, I still did not have my items.

When I logged in this morning about an hour ago, they were finally there! Yisss.

That 10% xp bonus is less helpful now that I'm already 50 though. Should make the 50-55 a bit easier, at least.
I'm creating it now. but first we will be a clan...we need 100k silver to transform it into a guild..
Just straight grinding to 50, I came out with about 3.5 million silver, even after buying/upgrading gear.

Kade

Just got this e-mail.

qH1e2NA.png

Looks like anyone hoping to get early access or any other compensation after this miscommunication is just going to have to wait until March 3rd to play. I'm just going to cancel my Explorers preorder and maybe settle for the $30 one but we'll see. This situation has left a bad taste.

Just got this e-mail.

qH1e2NA.png

Looks like anyone hoping to get early access or any other compensation after this miscommunication is just going to have to wait until March 3rd to play. I'm just going to cancel my Explorers preorder and maybe settle for the $30 one but we'll see. This situation has left a bad taste.

Yep, just got the same exact email. I wish they had disclosed so clearly on their website. It should have been on the pre-launch notes thing.

have people gotten their preorder stuff yet?

Yep. I claimed between 3-5 AM EST on Sunday and got the claim failed mail on Monday. I reclaimed when the servers came back up after maintenance on Monday and received all of my items late Monday evening. Claimed furniture when it came out of maintenance and I got those items a bit later on Monday as well. All good now!

I think they are still planning to wipe everyone and have them reclaim on March 3rd though. That kind of sucks because you have to wait another 24 hours and my horse is level 5 now...

mkenyon

Banned
Yep. I claimed between 3-5 AM EST on Sunday and got the claim failed mail on Monday. I reclaimed when the servers came back up after maintenance on Monday and received all of my items late Monday evening. Claimed furniture when it came out of maintenance and I got those items a bit later on Monday as well. All good now!

I think they are still planning to wipe everyone and have them reclaim on March 3rd though. That kind of sucks because you have to wait another 24 hours and my horse is level 5 now...
I'm curious, you think they'll remove the dyes if you've added them to your palette?

Definitely going to do that tonight just in case.

Sectus

How do you turn off your UI for camera shots? Any other camera controls I should know about?

You can also lean against something or sit down (hold back towards to a low ledge or press Q when standing on it), and then press R to go into observe move which lets you move the camera further away or up into the air.

For instance, you can take screenshots like this in that mode:
tumblr_nyf9daJlDD1tiz823o5_1280.png

One important thing, are material nodes instanced like in Guild Wars 2 or are they a rage inducing free for all like WoW?

Also, if anyone is up for sharing a guest pass i would be very grateful, im not sure how well my pc will run this and need to be sure before dropping cash on the full game.

Material nodes are free for all. But it doesn't take long for them to respawn, and there's a LOT of them. I never felt like I had to compete for them when gathering materials.

I know you get knowledge from doing stuff like fishing/crafting that gives you more energy, but do you get exp from it as well?

or will I have to at some point go grind out levels via combat to get to better gathering areas if I want to really just focus on the non combat stuff in the game?

You get XP from almost all the "job" activities (fishing, crafting, gathering, trading, etc).

There's some scary monsters in some gathering areas, but they're usually easy to avoid. And also, if you're wearing a gathering outfit the enemies will leave you alone if you're crouching or if you're in the middle of a gathering animation.

Freeman76

You can also lean against something or sit down (hold back towards to a low ledge or press Q when standing on it), and then press R to go into observe move which lets you move the camera further away or up into the air.

For instance, you can take screenshots like this in that mode:
tumblr_nyf9daJlDD1tiz823o5_1280.png

Material nodes are free for all. But it doesn't take long for them to respawn, and there's a LOT of them. I never felt like I had to compete for them when gathering materials.

You get XP from almost all the "job" activities (fishing, crafting, gathering, trading, etc).

There's some scary monsters in some gathering areas, but they're usually easy to avoid. And also, if you're wearing a gathering outfit the enemies will leave you alone if you're crouching or if you're in the middle of a gathering animation.

Thank you, I think, as long as I can run it, I will be getting lost in this for a while.

Somnia

Pro-tip for you guys starting up GAF guilds, you better make it very clear to people not to take their daily pay when its put up, I'd also give people small contracts incase you get someone who decides to start accepting it.

If you start getting everyone to taking their money as their contract gives them you will quickly bankrupt the guild and then the leader will have to use his own money to get out of the red.

After you level the guild up and increase the funds, then it wont matter (if you get the guild running guild quests).

Twookie

oh

well i claimed earlier today and haven't gotten it yet but i guess it doesn't really matter if they are going to wipe em anyway

mkenyon

Banned
oh

well i claimed earlier today and haven't gotten it yet but i guess it doesn't really matter if they are going to wipe em anyway
Eh, the 10% exp while you can use it is pretty significant.

You can stack it with the 10% Milk Tea for a constant 20%. Stack it with the 50% bonuses you get throughout the levels for 70%.

I started farming last night. I can't believe the amount of thought and effort they have put into all the trading, crafting, and gathering systems in this game.

On another note, I love that talking to some random unmarked NPCs or discovering things while exploring can reward you with knowledge. Many NPCs have meaningful things to say from time to time. You can learn a lot of lore from talking to the NPCs and reading the knowledge gained. Some good world building here.

Twookie

Eh, the 10% exp while you can use it is pretty significant.

You can stack it with the 10% Milk Tea for a constant 20%. Stack it with the 50% bonuses you get throughout the levels for 70%.

oh yeah, true

haven't gotten them just yet sadly :(

opie211

I'll be playing on the Third. Looking to join the GAF guild. I'm really excited about the openness of this game. I've always enjoyed crafting, and PVP. Never truly got into much Raiding on all the MMO's I've played.

My time playing will be late evenings EST after wife and kids in bed.

In game name, should it be available, will be Avenir.

Teknoman

Party experience is reduced but you can defeat enemies much faster and with little to no downtime so it's a net gain. I think the sweet spot is 2 or a big group of 4-6 if you're grinding a specific area.

Unless you have a friend to play with, I don't think most people will want to party in this game unless for a specific purpose. It's not necessarily a bad thing. It's very solo oriented in a lot of ways.

As long as there are a good amount of specific things to party for. The sandbox nature sounds great, but the one thing I don't like about most modern mmos is the reduced multiplayer nature. Even FFXIV suffers from that to a certain extent.

Not sure how loot goes for normal drops but for boss drops (the bosses you summon with a scroll) everyone gets a drop. So you'd want to go with a full party when you're doing your bosses, that way everyone can use their scrolls so everyone gets more loot.

That sounds like a pretty good feature loot wise.

I guess so in the map. Inside cities with people the CPU will make you drop FPS but that's expected.

Yeah sounds about right, still probably should wait for a guest pass just to be sure.

mkenyon

Banned
How is the class balance within the player population? Like, are there a million Sorc/Rangers running around?
I probably see Warriors and Valks the least, but balance is pretty good.

Tons of Wizards/Witches, because they're considered the best for leveling. Rangers a close second.

Pro-tip for you guys starting up GAF guilds, you better make it very clear to people not to take their daily pay when its put up, I'd also give people small contracts incase you get someone who decides to start accepting it.

If you start getting everyone to taking their money as their contract gives them you will quickly bankrupt the guild and then the leader will have to use his own money to get out of the red.

After you level the guild up and increase the funds, then it wont matter (if you get the guild running guild quests).

I thought people running guild quests everyday would cover that cost?

Somnia

I thought people running guild quests everyday would cover that cost?

They will, but you'll need multiple people running them. However if you start the guild and no one runs some for a few days and then everyone cash's in, it will immediately bankrupt the guild with no problems.

Good on Daum's part for clarifying the head-start dates, but i think they should offer refunds for any packages purchased between the end of preorder and actual launch

Even the launcher has clarification. Looks like Daum didn't anticipate the confusion that it brought, since they forgot to take down some things in the FAQ, and left the package names exactly the same. Even though the actual order page did not list "head-start" under the list of things you get, there was enough misleading information that was not updated to say that an ORDER and PRE-ORDER are not the same.

Ferr986

Dat bow clipping on the best part (ranger seems to have bigger botty slider for some reason)

Game looks amazing on V.high, worth sacrificing the 60 fps (I still get 40ish so its OK).

For anyone like me who initially feels overwhelmed by the robust character creator and is looking for some established templates to build off from, check out http://www.bdotemplates.com/

They have some great looking and serious ones. All you need to do is just drag the file into your BDO documents folder.

Fishious

Could anyone give me an explanation on furniture? I didn't have time to look into it during CBT2, won't be able to play until tonight, and I'm having trouble searching for exact answers.

1. So the furniture that you can buy with the pre-order coupons, can you buy more of the same style from the cash shop or are you stuck with those few non matching pieces?

2. What does furniture do? Can you sit on chairs and stuff? Place things on tables? Store things in drawers?

3. I read that some furniture (like the bed) give beneficial effects. I also read something about those having durability. So will my fancy bed explode one day and I'll have to get a non matching bed?

I'm trying to figure out what to spend my preorder coupons on. I desperately need the answers so I can begin planning for when I start playing this dollhouse simulator. Because that's what this game is.

Samus4145

Stuck at the character creator. Took me an hour to find a family name not taken, and now my character names are all taken as well. Why does both need to be unique? That makes no sense.

edit: I know they use the first name for chat, but just tie both together. No reason to force both to be unique.

Ashodin

Could anyone give me an explanation on furniture? I didn't have time to look into it during CBT2, won't be able to play until tonight, and I'm having trouble searching for exact answers.

1. So the furniture that you can buy with the pre-order coupons, can you buy more of the same style from the cash shop or are you stuck with those few non matching pieces?

2. What does furniture do? Can you sit on chairs and stuff? Place things on tables? Store things in drawers?

3. I read that some furniture (like the bed) give beneficial effects. I also read something about those having durability. So will my fancy bed explode one day and I'll have to get a non matching bed?

I'm trying to figure out what to spend my preorder coupons on. I desperately need the answers so I can begin planning for when I start playing this dollhouse simulator. Because that's what this game is.
1. Cash shop furniture only.

2. Sit yes, store things no.

3. I don't think beds explode. But yes, beneficial effects.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
anyone from EU who wants to join:
please send me or AncalagoN a pm with your in game family name and when you will be online tomorrow ^_^/ thanks

1. More from the cash shop later if you want.

2. You can sit, sleep, and place things on tables, stands, etc. Some pieces are even more functional like cooking tools. There are some items that allow you access to storage but nothing that can be used as actual extra storage as far as I know.

3. I haven't seen anything with durability but I haven't done much with it yet.

You also gain 'interior points' for furniture placement and the owner with the highest interior points at a specific location gets some tax benefits or something like that...

Top Bottom