• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online |OT| Come on in, the sand's fine [Mediah Update]

Tankshell

Can I comfortably play this game with a controller like a full action game?(God of War, Beyo, DMC, etc..)

Yes but it will take a bit of setting things up. Also, melee classes work better than ranged with a controller. I am playing Valk with a Steam Controller.

Kalentan

PvJb.png

What do you guys think? :)

Not sure why the hair is glowing, but I almost kind of like it...

Kitoro

Any risk of the GAF server filling before launch? I don't want to get balls deep today, and have my friends who don't have early access have to roll elsewhere like they did with Blade & Soul... :S

Kalentan

Question, how do you have your pet pick up stuff AND how do weapon skins work? Do they overwrite the apperance or is there a vanity slot?

Matty8787

How many we got in the EU guild/clan?

I am tempted to use US for the bigger social but I am in UK so don't wanna lag etc.

AncalagoN

Neo Member
I'm creating it now. but first we will be a clan...we need 100k silver to transform it into a guild..
it's called GAFDessert...I hope you are all okay with that >>

my family name is Anguirel

In case you want to join feel free to also message me when im online.
family name: Amisur

Edit: In case you need my character name:
my main is Lesath

Topper

Do we have a guild going on Orwen yet? I have about 200k and really don't know what to do with it so i'll gladly pitch in for the guild creation.

Ashodin

Wait so... Does armor not change apperance? So do you need to pay to not look like you just started the game?
This again

Here's the different types of gear:
- As you level up, you'll get better gear which looks like a more armored version of your starting outfit.
- Once you're close to level 50, there's 5 or so outfits you can get as loot or craft which looks pretty unique and has different stats.
- You can craft a few different vanity costumes.
- You can craft or buy "job" outfits which has a specific look and boosts "job" stats (gathering, fishing, trading, etc).
- And then there's the cash shop where there's a lot of different looking costumes.

I might have to make this a sticky in the OT post lol

Ashodin

Nah it's not you, it's just one of the most common gripes/questions about the game, is the gear.

You see, normally in MMOs people assume you will have tons of gear to customize and accessorize (fashion wars). In this MMO, they went with practical and elaborate costumes that have real meshes and physics and the like. (barring weird stuff from the cash shop).

So naturally, there's not that many out there.

Twookie

am i an idiot for not finding the damn donkey in the quest "Goods delivery to the Eastern Gate"? where the hell is Izauro

Spazznid

Why are three people starting the guild seperately?

I'm messaging you guys, Trying to join the guild/clan

Family Name Spazznid

Also we have a Voip/Discord?

Fishious

Yay, first residence. Already regretting the furniture I picked from the pre-order stuff. Should've gotten some wallpaper and floor tiles, the default ones are horrible.

That's unfortunate. Guess that answers my question about what to get.

Ashodin

Why are three people starting the guild seperately?

I'm messaging you guys, Trying to join the guild/clan

Family Name Spazznid

Also we have a Voip/Discord?

Sorry, it's a little awkward right now because of early-access. Once things get going tonight for me (and others) it'll be clearer.

Yay, first residence. Already regretting the furniture I picked from the pre-order stuff. Should've gotten some wallpaper and floor tiles, the default ones are horrible.

Must remind myself to get a house with a view

Kitoro

I accidentally made my character a lot taller than I had intended, since there was no frame of reference I could see.

I haven't even completed the first quest yet, so I'd have no problem with restarting.

Question is, however, would deleting her and remaking her run me the risk of losing my reserved name?

Thanks!

I accidentally made my character a lot taller than I had intended, since there was no frame of reference I could see.

I haven't even completed the first quest yet, so I'd have no problem with restarting.

Question is, however, would deleting her and remaking her run me the risk of losing my reserved name?

Thanks!

Normally there is a 24 hour waiting period but there is only a 10 second waiting period temporarily during the head start period due to the issues with the Serendia channel the other day. If you delete the character, deletion should complete and your name should be available again within 10 seconds.

Saw some houses earlier and I noticed the windows were closed. Was afraid you couldn't open them. Glad to see that isn't the case!!!!

Kitoro

Normally there is a 24 hour waiting period but there is only a 10 second waiting period temporarily during the head start period due to the issues with the Serendia channel the other day. If you delete the character, deletion should complete and your name should be available again within 10 seconds.

Thanks!

Also, is the first name I reserved always reserved for use with my account only? Or, if I deleted my character with that name, can someone else theoretically claim it?

wowzors

Wish i knew that preordering it on the 27th would not allow me to play until the 3rd. Literally useless for me to have preordered now.

Wish i knew that preordering it on the 27th would not allow me to play until the 3rd. Literally useless for me to have preordered now.

I'd just request a refund if I were you. That's the whole reason I went for the Explorer's Package in the first place. Anything sold before initial release should be considered a pre-order imo but oh well.

zugzug

zomg we need that NeoGaf guild up and running! Guild wars are being declared now in game!

man talk about overwhelming quests everywhere for everything going into Heidl is sticker shock big time city time!

SZips

no probs, mate.
incase you didn't know this already, there's also a 1.7 gig patch you need to download.

Yep, grabbed that already once I saw I didn't need to download the full client again. Hopefully I'll have plenty of time to hop into this tonight.

Walpurgis

Banned
Does anyone have any links to reviews and articles about microtransactions?

Also, what are the general impressions here on GAF? I was in love with this game for several years but I stopped caring for some reason (probably ArcheAge).

Emitan

i keep hearing the game sort of drops you in without explaining stuff. is there a video series or something for new players?

All of them do.

tRNMSzm.png

Edit: Man, im having issues with shawdow play. None of the capture recording commands are working for this game. They work in all other games but this one. I don't even see the nvidia status icon in this game. And not only that, but none of the keyboard keys I map to my controller buttons using input mapper work either.

Im not sure what this game has in place that blocking all of that, but it's annoying.

Edit 2: I found out why shadow play is not working, its because the game is not in full screen. But when I go full screen, my FPS drops to shit, and parts of the screen is cut off, as if the game full screen it to a size large than my actual TV screen, thus cutting off the borders.

8HIBIYu.gif

this game..............

Edit 3: Yup...............I think I'm done with this game for now. I am just too heated to even try to enjoy this game at the moment. Too many issues I'm having to enjoy this game.

1. Can't play in full screen mode because it drops the FPS and cut off the borders of my screen, so no recording or broadcasting since shadow play won't work outside of full screen.
2. When I exit the game, and launch the game again, all the games settings is back to default, meaning I have to change the UI, controller mappings, and game options, everytime I launch the game.
3. Because this game doesn't have analog support and treats the analog like buttons, my character CONSTANTLY dodges when I move the analog left or either right when a weapon is in my character's hands.
4. Can't use any custom mapping with 3 party input for what ever reason, because this game doesnt read any keys that mapped to a controller.
5. Can't run this game on anything above medium with my frames dropping like a rock although I got a 780.
6. UI is very displeasing to look at, use and navigate. It's terrible.
7. Controller support is garbage. This game just basically maps keys to the controller. I would have like to mapped the keys myself using 3rd party software for a much better experience but NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............. No trigger sensitivity and travel, no character speed changes with analog travel, but button sensitivity settings. No analog acceleration..........none of that. None of the stuff that makes a controller unique from a keyboard is present in this game.
8. Although when I try to chat and its taking my energy, my message does not show up in the global chat. Tried selecting all the available channels. No dice.

I delt with that shit in the beta, hopping that stuff would be improved in the full game, buts its pretty much the beta im playing.

So yea.....................nothing but frustration since I started playing a few hours ago.

Im trying so hard to enjoy this game since I dropped my money on it, but they are making this really hard for me.

And since I started the beta, I can't even get a refund.
YSOnfICm.jpg

Top Bottom