• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Percy

Banned
This entire arc has been garbage tbh. Really killed my interest in Bleach. Tite Kubo really has no fucking clue about story structure or pacing.

Man this is so bad. I'm saying this as someone that has enjoyed most fights on this arc. Juha and that dumb brush guy as boring to see fighting. I want to see ichigo

come on y'all don't delude yourselves.

we all know the truth about the soul king

he's dead and reincarnated as Ichigo. Or ichigo is part Soul King. I don't give a fuck.

search your hearts, you know it to be true.

Uh, this is actually a pretty interesting theory. I did used to have a theory about who Ichigo was but I fucking forgot it now, it was that long ago.

I still read the manga chapters every couple weeks. I don't mind them. Like most people who start to read long-standing ongoing manga, I just want to see how it ends. at this rate it'll end with everything exploding.

Really hope this arc is animated which I think everyone expects it will be.

This arc was my first time trying to read the Bleach manga on a week to week basis and I just gave up.

Radec

come on y'all don't delude yourselves.

we all know the truth about the soul king

he's dead and reincarnated as Ichigo. Or ichigo is part Soul King. I don't give a fuck.

search your hearts, you know it to be true.

Ichigo's Mother = Dauther of the Soul King.

Ichigo has the bloodline of the Soul King.

genjiZERO

So I stopped reading years ago after the first soul society arch, but loved it. Is the rest worth reading? I'm not psyched about getting involved in a long-term manga that's still ongoing, and fails to resolve itself.

Chariot

So I stopped reading years ago after the first soul society arch, but loved it. Is the rest worth reading? I'm not psyched about getting involved in a long-term manga that's still ongoing, and fails to resolve itself.
There was nothing good after Soul Society ended.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Not worth it. Stay away from the manga.

It should've ended after the Soul Society arc.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Why won't it just end. Let me be free.

I honestly thought this final arc was coming back under stricter editor suggestion that it be a tight wrap-up final saga, but its worse than its ever been. He's even temporarily written out any of the characters anyone gives a shit about. Its madness.

Not even having Naruto as the middle buffer to offset Bleach's shitness and One Piece's brilliance is making the contrast even harsher.

vareon

Feel the same with everyone here. It's funny that Bleach advertised its final arc first yet Naruto ended first. At this rate I'll just wait for it to end then watch the anime, if any, for better pacing hopefully.

Feltrol

Banned
Feel the same with everyone here. It's funny that Bleach advertised its final arc first yet Naruto ended first. At this rate I'll just wait for it to end then watch the anime, if any, for better pacing hopefully.

Gotta get that money. $$$

Heroman

Banned
Why won't it just end. Let me be free.

I honestly thought this final arc was coming back under stricter editor suggestion that it be a tight wrap-up final saga, but its worse than its ever been. He's even temporarily written out any of the characters anyone gives a shit about. Its madness.

Not even having Naruto as the middle buffer to offset Bleach's shitness and One Piece's brilliance is making the contrast even harsher.

Naruto final arc was way worst than bleach.

Man, this is getting fairly drawn out. It's like an old DBZ anime episode each week.

One person readies an attack, dishes out what is supposed to kill the second person. Second person comments about how it has no effect. One or the other claims that it's really on now. End chapter.

Sometimes there might be two attacks, and I guess that's supposed to be an exciting week. If there's an average of 10 attacks per fight then the author will probably be making bank for the rest of the year easily lol.

Chariot

If you don't like it, why do you keep reading it? Just to complain about it?
Yes.
Thanks to the lack of content I only need like a minute per chapter, which I can use for a lot more minutes of complaining, reading other people complaining and giggling gleefully about how adult I am. That's some real value there.

If Yhwach ends up killing Ichibei (who is by far the strongest shinigami we've seen), then I don't know how Ichigo is supposed to kill Yhwach. He would need one hell of a powerup/asspull to pull it off. This manga is going into DBZ levels fast.

Chariot

If Yhwach ends up killing Ichibei (who is by far the strongest shinigami we've seen), then I don't know how Ichigo is supposed to kill Yhwach. He would need one hell of a powerup/asspull to pull it off. This manga is going into DBZ levels fast.
As if Bleach didn't already jump on DBZ' level when they pulled the Hyperbolic Time Chamber at end of the Aizen Arc.

As if Bleach didn't already jump on DBZ' level when they pulled the Hyperbolic Time Chamber at end of the Aizen Arc.

True, but what Ichibei did to Yhwach in base form and now decides to use Shikai, is making the asspull for Ichigo to be so out there that I might as well stop reading Bleach all together honestly.

hwateber

Naruto final arc was way worst than bleach.
While I cringed at what I can only imagine was Naruto and Sasuke holding hands so hard that their arms exploded, and at the series ending with Naruto effectively naming his kid Bort, I think they're at about the same level so far

Chariot

True, but what Ichibei did to Yhwach in base form and now decides to use Shikai, is making the asspull for Ichigo to be so out there that I might as well stop reading Bleach all together honestly.
Ah, na, stay for the good fun. It can't get any worse. And if it can, it's another wonder in itself. I also hope for a similar shipping mayhem like in the end of Naruto. The meltdowns of some where so so sweet.

While I cringed at what I can only imagine was Naruto and Sasuke holding hands so hard that their arms exploded, and at the series ending with Naruto effectively naming his kid Bort, I think they're at about the same level so far
Romance directed by Michael Bay.

This fight is pretty cool actually, not sure what all the negativity is about.

I hope Ichibei destroys Yhwach and then Bleach ends. Sick of Ichigo coming out of nowhere, getting some asspull power, and beating the villain every time.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hm maybe I'll drop this thread. I don't really forsee any kind of posts in here on a weekly basis beyond "this is the worst why isn't it over." Hardly the kind of discussion/impression thread I want to be a part of.

Chariot

Really?

A: Take this!
B: Oh no. Oh nevermind, I am actually immune to this. Time to get serious. Take this!
A: I knew that, now I am getting serious. And I am also immune to this. Time to get serious. Take this!
B: Oh no, such a surprise, but I am also actually immune to this. Time to get serious. Take this!
A: Oh no, but apparently I am immune to that too. But I didn't try to kill you anyways until now. Time to get serious. Take this!
B: Oh no~~

It's what they did for Aizen, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Jarnet87

Ichigo will pull it off somehow, of course first he has to do his I'll end this in one shot moment of failure. then the beat down will come before a magic turn around to defeat Bach.
Bach will eventually beat the monk so it's gonna be silly to see what Kubo does for the rest of the Shinigami. What sort of power increase is he going to give Ukitake or Kyoraku since they last fight, plus the load of Bankai's we haven't seen yet.

Really?

A: Take this!
B: Oh no. Oh nevermind, I am actually immune to this. Time to get serious. Take this!
A: I knew that, now I am getting serious. And I am also immune to this. Time to get serious. Take this!
B: Oh no, such a surprise, but I am also actually immune to this. Time to get serious. Take this!
A: Oh no, but apparently I am immune to that too. But I didn't try to kill you anyways until now. Time to get serious. Take this!
B: Oh no~~

Yep.

I'm really losing track of who the strongest is supposed to be now, aside from Ichigo and Yhwach. I think the problem is that, if you're going to have someone fight with Yhwach, and it's not Ichigo, you already know the outcome, so why drag it out?

The ot title is perfect. I felt like they're milking it once the aizen arc was done and ichigo lost his powers.

I might get back into it just to see that guy who has a handicapping eye patch and bells on his hair. Can't recall his name. He was a beast in the manga, when things got serious he decided to use 2 arms instead of 1. Any great fights after Aizen that have him being badass?

Astral

The ot title is perfect. I felt like they're milking it once the aizen arc was done and ichigo lost his powers.

I might get back into it just to see that guy who has a handicapping eye patch and bells on his hair. Can't recall his name. He was a beast in the manga, when things got serious he decided to use 2 arms instead of 1. Any great fights after Aizen that have him being badass?

Kenpachi. He fights Unohana, learns his Zanpakuto's name, and then releases it on one of the new villains.

Ventara

I've recently started reading Bleach again and wtf is going on? Yamamoto and Unohana are dead? Why are there so many bad guys? This Ichibei guy is the strongest shinigamu? I thought that was Yamamoto? Kyoraku is wearing an eyepatch now? Has he revealed his bankai yet? When will Aizen make a comeback?

This entire arc has been garbage tbh. Really killed my interest in Bleach. Tite Kubo really has no fucking clue about story structure or pacing.

His real problem is he can't write a fight for shit. If the only reason for a fight not to be instantly over is because you have to have the characters "play around" or not use their true power, you're a garbage writer

Spoilers if you're not caught up.

I've recently started reading Bleach again and wtf is going on?
The god of the Quincys woke up and wants to destroy the Soul King, for whatever reason.

Yamamoto and Unohana are dead?
Yes. Yamamoto died because he killed who he thought was the Quincy god, Lloyd, but it turned out to be his twin brother, Royd. No, I'm not fucking kidding. Royd killed Yamamoto with his own bankai.

Unohana died for an even dumber reason. Apparently she was the original Kenpachi, so Kyoraku asked her to train the current Kenpachi to have killing intent. Apparently the way to do that is to have him kill her.

Why are there so many bad guys?
Why not? The Quincy god can impart a fraction of his power to others (and he can also take it back), so he, as Sternritter A, mades Sternritters B-Z. Although B might be something else. Oh, and Uryuu is apparently A-level, according to A himself.

This Ichibei guy is the strongest shinigamu?
Maybe? We still haven't seen what Kyoraku or Ukitake can really do, nor have any other Squad Zero guys released their shikai or bankai. Rukia, Renji, and Byakuya got massive upgrades, too. And then there's Yarouchi, Urahara, Isshin, and Ichigo. Shit, maybe even Aizen.

I thought that was Yamamoto?
He does say that he's the strongest in 1000 years back in the Aizen arc, and his bankai is indeed really strong, but he's been shown up by so many people and then killed just to show us how strong the bad guy supposedly is. Isshin actually seems stronger than him in that arc, too, since he throws Aizen around like it's nothing.

Kyoraku is wearing an eyepatch now?
Yeah. He lost it against Starrk, I think. Maybe Aizen.

Has he revealed his bankai yet?
Nope. Sternritter B seems to be wary of fighting him, too, and he and Ukitake clearly are still hiding something.

When will Aizen make a comeback?
Aizen may or may not be dead. Lloyd or Royd talks to him early in the story arc and asks him if he wants to join their cause. After he says no thanks, in the next panel, we see a big light cross coming out of the ground where he's imprisoned.

However, Kyoraku is actually on his way to where Aizen's prison is right now, so maybe he's there to see Aizen.

Fight's okay, but its impact is blunted by the fact that Yahwech is eventually going to turn ichibei into a total jobber and there's the general problem with shonen fights 'ahaha what you did not know is that I can get stronger' four to five times per fight, exarcerbated by Kubo's terrible pacing and unwillingness to use locations/settings in an interesting way.

Ventara

Spoilers if you're not caught up.

The god of the Quincys woke up and wants to destroy the Soul King, for whatever reason.

Yes. Yamamoto died because he killed who he thought was the Quincy god, Lloyd, but it turned out to be his twin brother, Royd. No, I'm not fucking kidding. Royd killed Yamamoto with his own bankai.

Unohana died for an even dumber reason. Apparently she was the original Kenpachi, so Kyoraku asked her to train the current Kenpachi to have killing intent. Apparently the way to do that is to have him kill her.

Why not? The Quincy god can impart a fraction of his power to others (and he can also take it back), so he, as Sternritter A, mades Sternritters B-Z. Although B might be something else. Oh, and Uryuu is apparently A-level, according to A himself.

Maybe? We still haven't seen what Kyoraku or Ukitake can really do, nor have any other Squad Zero guys released their shikai or bankai. Rukia, Renji, and Byakuya got massive upgrades, too. And then there's Yarouchi, Urahara, Isshin, and Ichigo. Shit, maybe even Aizen.

He does say that he's the strongest in 1000 years back in the Aizen arc, and his bankai is indeed really strong, but he's been shown up by so many people and then killed just to show us how strong the bad guy supposedly is. Isshin actually seems stronger than him in that arc, too, since he throws Aizen around like it's nothing.

Yeah. He lost it against Starrk, I think. Maybe Aizen.

Nope. Sternritter B seems to be wary of fighting him, too, and he and Ukitake clearly are still hiding something.

Aizen may or may not be dead. Lloyd or Royd talks to him early in the story arc and asks him if he wants to join their cause. After he says no thanks, in the next panel, we see a big light cross coming out of the ground where he's imprisoned.

However, Kyoraku is actually on his way to where Aizen's prison is right now, so maybe he's there to see Aizen.

Thanks for the info Septimus Prime. So is Lloyd an alternate name for Ywach? Or are they different guys?

I guess having a bunch of bad guys isn't bad, but I'd have preferred fewer more interesting ones (based of what I've read). these ones just dont seem interesting at all, unlike the Arrancars. Yamamoto and Unohana shouldn't have been killed. That was lame. It's like the mangaka is swapping out interesting characters for crappy ones. And I feel it's kinda stupid to have a bunch if guys potentially be stronger that Yamamoto. I get this is a shonen, but he was supposed to be top tier, and now there's seemingly so many that outclass him? Though you mentioned that hasn't really revealed to be the case, so I guess we'll see. Though Uryuu is supposed to be as strong as Ywach? Wtf?

I completely forgot Kyoraku lost his eye to Starkk. I hope his bankai is super awesome, what with all the secrecy. And hopefully Aizen shows up.

RangerBAD

I keep up with the manga and I didn't even know about the Royd Lloyd thing. lol Royd Lloyd and Loyd (Hanz and Franz) Lloyd are twin brother Stenritters. One acted as Yhwach's double and failed to kill Yamamoto.

The quincy god's name is Ywhach or YHWH depending on how you want to go about it.

Royd and Lloyd were twin quincies who could copy other people's powers/appearance.
Neither royd nor lloyd killed Yamamoto. Lloyd was killed by Kenpachi in the earlier part of the invasion. Royd took on Yamamoto disguised as Ywhach while the real Ywhach conversed with Aizen. After Royd was killed, the real Ywhach stole Yamamoto's bankai using the quincy medallion then killed Yamamoto.

Top Bottom