• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard's Community Manager: WE ROLL WHILE YOU B*TCHES HATE (also: fecal matter)

Oh man Blizzard is just imploding.

I love how they keep attacking the guy for hellgate london and how it bombed yet the only reason the pile of shit that Diablo 3 is sold is because of that guys Diablo 2.

seriously, its amazing how wonderfully current management has tainted most of the good will they earned over the years.. now they're saying **** you to their PR department.

Well they were definitely smart about not having a blizzcon this year. Will be able to avoid awkward questions and a scene. Maybe they planned ahead.

Read it? It's not hard to follow unless you never used Facebook (or the internet)

Anyway, I question the legitimacy of this image/facts

The OP pic sucks becuase it has no context, it looks like crap spewed all over a white background. It sort of makes it hard to follow.

antonz

You know, I honestly wonder what Vivendi is going to do. They are going to be pissed when they find out about this in a few hours (They are a French Company)

Vivendi is probably gonna light the fire under the attempt to sell even more now

A good community manager tries as much as possible not to say that publicly. Maintaining good PR is their main goal.

However every community manager I met and know hates the player community they manage so once in awhile, they spout things out.

That comment posted isn't even that bad though...

Lombax

Banned
tumblr_m73tk9v60f1rvupgto1_r2_400.gif

Blizzard is doomed.

Thoraxes

I'm not sure of the part where he tells me "Fuck you".

And I mean the part where it's directed at me.

All he stated were facts?? Wheres the insult, or "Fuck you"???
See, this is what I thought last night's thread was going to be about, but it's the other way around today.

Shinta

Banned
You know, the thing that always surprises me about these western game company PR gaffs, is the arrogance. Bioware, Phil Fish, Alex Hutchinson, Blizzard. There are a lot of extreme egos out there.

teiresias

The amount of rage by the current employees at Blizzard because they couldn't create a game that measured up to the first two is rather humorous.

Seeing them duck and dodge, trying to deflect with Hellgate London strawmen, all the while neglecting to realize that the only reason anyway gave a damn about their broken vision for Diablo is because people liked the previous two games. It's really fairly sad and pathetic. If this is the way the company is operating now I have no faith in any kind of WoW successor being even worth taking at shot playing under even a F2P model.

Its a little funny to me when once beloved Companies turn heel. How long until a Valve heel turn?

The only things I think will ever threaten Valve are:

1. Gabe leaving the company
2. Valve going public (probably not happening!)
3. Their seeming exclusivity in terms of the people they hire (not a huge issue thus far, though that could grow as a problem)
4. A significant change to the way they make games (also prob not going to happen!)

Seriously though, Valve are totally in their prime right now (especially with DOTA 2 IMO). I hope to make a thread on that soon.

ultron87

That didn't really seem that particularly insulting. Obviously still not a good idea, especially under a fake identity, but it was more of a "u mad" than a "fuck you".

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Anyone know if Blizzard has had anything to do with the new DMC?

Just curious.

Top Bottom