• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard's Community Manager: WE ROLL WHILE YOU B*TCHES HATE (also: fecal matter)

JABEE

If this is true, I think the bad part about this is hum not identifying himself as a Blizzard employee. That kind of secretive tactic makes you wonder if that was part of his duties as community manager.

graywolf323

Why do people care about things like this? Stop looking to cause misery on the internet and just play video games.

play video games? what?

tumblr_lqnp2p1rFu1qf308k.jpg

but to be serious, GAF has always talked about what's going on in the industry and not just games themselves

and when you have places like Forbes even writing about this of course it's going to be all over GAF

Teknoman

Kinda crazy that things are getting like this...but still the guy from D1/D2 does have a point. Still going to play D3, but could use some substantial improvements.

I thought this was going to be about Bashiok, since the thread title is totally something I'd expect him to do.

Still crazy regardless.

teiresias

Why do people care about things like this? Stop looking to cause misery on the internet and just play video games.

Some people like to know that a company displays respect to the creators that originally built the legacy of the game series the company is attempting to continue and that they also show respect to the consumers and fans that give them money for their product.

Blizzard has failed at both counts so far and seems to have no shortage of employees willing to broadcast on Facebook that they're in agreement about how much they hate the original creators of Diablo and the fans - whether it's through original posts or liking those same posts.

Some people simply don't want to support developers (or publishers or anyone) that acts that way. There's plenty of games to play without supporting ego-maniacal, customer hating, developers.

It's a shame Blizzard has become such a joke. The best thing about it, is how it's paved the way for a company like CD Projekt to take over the reins of greatness.

EVOL 100%

Facebook and Twitter are perfect mediums for the dumb unfiltered thoughts of people to come out it seems.

Why the fuck would you do that?

I'm starting to understand how things are getting to the way they're going at blizzard. Seems they all live in their own little world and nothing else matters. Sure as hell explains tor and d3

Holy Wars

Banned
Some people like to know that a company displays respect to the creators that originally built the legacy of the game series the company is attempting to continue and that they also show respect to the consumers and fans that give them money for their product.

Blizzard has failed at both counts so far and seems to have no shortage of employees willing to broadcast on Facebook that they're in agreement about how much they hate the original creators of Diablo and the fans - whether it's through original posts or liking those same posts.

Some people simply don't want to support developers (or publishers or anyone) that acts that way. There's plenty of games to play without supporting ego-maniacal, customer hating, developers.

Play a game if it's fun, don't play it if it isn't fun.

Anything else is just a waste of time. They're video games, lets have fun.

Zee-Row

Banned

That the beauty of posting on GAF! I don't have to play Video Games anymore! i can just read threads and its like people are playing Video Games for me! I love eliminating the middle man!

I'm starting to understand how things are getting to the way they their going at blizzard. Seems they all live in their own little world and nothing else matters. Sure as hell explains tor and d3

From my experience, it is a common problem in the industry. The "self" is so important that decisions fail to see the forest through the trees.

timmy

Which community manager was the one who had the big old Howard Beale moment back during Burning Crusade? Was it Tseric? That was a fun day.

On a serious note, to those saying why we give a fuck what they are saying: We are paying hard earned money to support products we love. In return, we expect the same level of positivity and love. If we, the consumer, criticize any aspect of the game, we do it cause we have invested time, money and emotions into it. You expects the developers to appreciate our point of view; whether it can be implemented or not is a complete different story but the fact is that all I personally care about is appreciation for our passion.

When you have assholes like these who are straight up laughing and saying fuck you, do you really feel confident in something you paid for without hesitation?!

Some of you are too soft for this shit and are afraid to voice constructive criticism. Let them know that whether they agree or disagree, their attitude towards the community will be greatly reflected on current and future projects.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I actually would have preferred him literally saying "fuck you too" than bringing up fecal matter.

Could Morhaime just send out a memo telling everyone to shut the fuck up. Literally in those words. They are hurting their image so goddamn bad right now and somehow they don't even realize it.

n0b

My favorite thing about this whole mess is how reasonable the original interview that supposedly caused offence was. HEY WE'RE BLIZZARD SOMEBODY SAID WORDS ABOUT US LETS THROW A TEMPER TANTRUM LIKE CHILDREN. And then people pointed that out. MORE TANTRUMS.

dammit blizzard you were one of my favorite companies a few years ago

They still are one of my favorite and no amount of shit talk from management will really change that. Fact is SC2 and WoW provided me with an incredible amount of entertainment and unforgettable moments that few others games this gen did. I played Diablo 3, but I realized the genre isn't for me. Especially when I have no friends to play the game with.

Lock if inappropriate or if there's already too many threads about D3/Blizzard but...

This is pure A-grade drama cooked in and spit out from the depths of Hell itself.

Context for people who don't know:

David Brebik, Project Lead of Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 talks about Diablo 3: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/co...vid-brevik-discusses-his-feelings-on-diablo-3

Jay Wilson, current Game Director of Diablo 3, expresses his feelings over Brevik's feelings over Diablo 3: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487695

Which leads to one of Blizzard's Community Managers to say...

y3CsB.png

Source: B.net Forums http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368698187

This is pathetic. Why bother going all detective over inconsequential shit like this.

smh

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
This is a staged, yet hilarious joke by Blizzard employees.
At least, that's what I think it is...

Top Bottom