• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne gameplay : The first 18 minutes

MMaRsu

Banned
bloodbiio3.png

OMG just this image alone OMG :D

Derpyduck

Banned
Souls games have never looked particularly good. Even if the PS3 doesn't have the super terrible slowdown the 360 does on places like Blighttown, this is still the series where a spiderman can get stuck on your character model for like 30 full seconds.

That's true. When I think of Souls games I don't think of amazing graphics or solid framerates. It's more about the art style, atmosphere and gameplay. This looks to be the same. Can't wait.

Lots of nightmare fuel early on this video.

2San

Yep, it's a Souls game.

Is the IGN player just really bad, or is there some shocking aliasing in this game? :(

I'm actually a little disappointed at the visuals, outside of lighting and geometry, it really isn't doing much new.

Saying that, the art direction is incredible.
It is indeed a Souls game.

While I did notice the aliasing the struggle framerate annoyed me more. While the game is still in development, From Software doesn't really have a stellar track record on this front.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Hmm it looks a bit choppy. Can't tell if it's the video player or the actual game, I just hope the frame rate looks smoother than this when it comes out. Also it feels like I've seen this part of the game too many times, at least this area. Looks good though that's for sure, especially the combat and art direction. Top notch.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Quite honestly if it ships in this state, it's only fair that people petition BB for a PC release. I haven't seen aliasing this bad in a while.

Crossing my fingers it has been addressed.

Lol, those people would be wasting their time.

The aliasing was indeed pretty bad, though. Hopefully it being an early build makes a difference come release. I also noticed at one part you could see the seams of the ground texture.

Lol, those people would be wasting their time.

The aliasing was indeed pretty bad, though. Hopefully it being an early build makes a difference come release.

I know, I know, but it'd be nice to have the option if it ships in that state.

It doesn't diminish my hype for the game though; it's a new Souls game. It could ship in black and white with Wii-level graphics and I personally wouldn't give a fuck.

Twookie

if you're really hyped(and don't want to be spoiled) about this game you should not watch this video

the game looks absolutely amazing though, wowzerz

They've toned down the regain system quite a bit since the demos. A single slash would regain nearly all the health you lost in the demos, while it seems to take three or so slashes to regain that much health now. So they made it much riskier.

Blunoise

Man this game looks good, I mean really good.
I'm just confused in what the enemies and main characters are. They humans who are curse?

Not sure why people are surprised about the lack of AA. The Souls games have never been technical masterpieces, it honestly looks better than I expected a first PS4 game from them to look.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
From other thread

Holy fucking shit

1. During 1:48, it is THE EXACT SAME SOUND as the big maul fuckers in Valley of Defilement (Demon's Souls). LISTEN TO IT!

2. Lanterns = bonfires?

3. The new lighting is more prefered than complete darkness for this map. The sunset(rise?) is GORGEOUS.

4. IQ and framerate is HUGELY improved

5. When the player teleports from one place to another, it takes like 1 ½ to load. ONE AND A HALF SECONDS. This ain't no Majula PS3.

godofrawr

Banned
Quite honestly if it ships in this state, it's only fair that people petition BB for a PC release. I haven't seen aliasing this bad in a while.

Crossing my fingers it has been addressed.

Who are you going to petition? Sony...? They published it remember... Good luck with that.

Top Bottom