• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne gameplay : The first 18 minutes

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh God, they replaced the night time lightning from the demos with an utterly gorgeous sunset look (which will most likely morph into the night...). Fuck this is absolutely gorgeous. Goddamn

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
All Games Beta tweeted out the article. I couldn't resist knowing how the opening to the Souls games are. I wanted to see and it really didn't disappoint. The attacks on the character look fantastic. It's made to look fresh and it does besides it's still Souls. It looks like a lot of fun. I skimmed through the video. I skipped 5 or 6 minutes and watched around maybe 8 seconds of each skip. I'm serious about not wanting to be spoiled, but it's not bad at all. I was worried he would just come to be and you would end up setting off in a generic turn of events, but this isn't that bad.

cHpYPiN.gif

It takes me back to a time when I rented Nightmare Creatures, but much more fulfilling.

Man this game looks good, I mean really good.
I'm just confused in what the enemies and main characters are. They humans who are curse?
Magic is supposedly gone, so I think it's supposed to be a disease?

Which makes you wonder what's going on with your character collecting blood. Maybe he's a beast too and doesn't realize it?

Can you choose your gender?
They said later this week they'll go over character creation, so we'll find out then if nothing else.

Spineker

Banned
The game ships in 1.5 months, is that enough time to add AA and clean up the IQ?

The build they played is likely from months ago.

The game looks outstanding. Easily the early favorite for GOTY

Oh God, they replaced the night time lightning from the demos with an utterly gorgeous sunset look (which will most likely morph into the night...). Fuck this is absolutely gorgeous. Goddamn

The game has a day/night cycle doesn't it? I heard a bell sounding from a clock tower as it turned to night in the video.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Souls games have never looked particularly good. Even if the PS3 doesn't have the super terrible slowdown the 360 does on places like Blighttown, this is still the series where a spiderman can get stuck on your character model for like 30 full seconds.
This is true, but this isn't a souls game, (yes extremely similar), it's a game built for PS4 with better looking graphics in an earlier build, says it's an early build but at least this tempers our expectations for the final product. Personally I think it looks great and am perfectly fine if this is the sacrifice they have to make to make the game not run like previous souls games.

NAPK1NS

Looks great. Love the tone. Feels like it has its own personality where as the previous games relied too heavily on the chaotic evil side of D&D.

Still. Those body physics drive me nuts, totally distracting. And the interface, like any souls game, is ugly as sin. Tons of negative space and unattractive tooltips and icons.

Day one.

Edit: Also wanted to commend the animations. The retracting blade/healing animation is super quick and vicious looking. Those animations tearing along a tough boss fight will make for a super exciting game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
the sound when switching zones..
AAAAAAUWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Sohaim

oh god, i cant wait anymore for this game, its a shame my best budd is not buying a PS4 to play this with me.

eshwaaz

Like an idiot, this will probably be the third "Souls" game I'll buy, hoping to "get it", only to find that it's still not for me.

I just love the look of the world and the art direction here. I hope common sense prevails for me this time.

Ferr986

Didnt play the beta but the Cleric beast looks tougher than both Dark Souls first bosses.

Seems like this game aint going to be easier :D

Crisis averted then.

I realize it's unrealistic to expect IQ like The Order from most PS4 games, but I'd like for the exclusives to come close to it.

Yeah, it's still a FROM title though and even though Dark Souls looked alright on PC, their games aren't really pushing any graphical limits. It's just something I've accepted.

Duxxy3

Looks amazing, but I'm disappointed in the lack of AA and (from what I can see) how the world is traversed. I loved how you got around the world in Dark Souls, hated how you got around the world in Demons Souls.

Looks a LOT more stable than the alpha. Wonder if we'll get to talk to the people inside those houses, or if we can somehow control the flow of time. I like that the sky is burning but roaming those streets in the dead of night made it a lot more eerie and haunted.

Top Bottom