• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

kikiribu

lh3YDj7.gif
If a weapon ain't got kick, it just ain't worth it.

I finally got some of the higher end nourishing gems for my HML sword. It's crazy to me how much more damage it's doing now with those gems compared to the better physical ones you get in the regular game. I think my damage nearly doubled. If the gem system ever returns there has to be a better variety of choices, because this is probably the biggest difference in damage output from optimizing a build I've ever had in SoulsBorne.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Wait. I can target and shoot the sword? Makes the times my character slightly hit over the thing slightly embarassing.
Don't feel bad. I didn't even know you could break the sword until I saw people do it in videos. Felt pretty dumb afterwards.

I ended up seeing the fight as a DPS check where I just tried to kill him without ever giving him the space to put the sword down.

He's IMO one of the harder bosses outside the DLC, but he actually has quite a few openings for parrying/backstabbing once you get to know his moveset.

The most anime weapon in the game in my opinion, second to the Rakuyo.
Don't forget the Chikage!

And I can't decide if the Burial Blade is anime or not.

The Rakuyo is definitely anime as fuck though.

Ladekabel

Finally beat Arthas! He never did his sword summoning and in phase 2 he went flying quite a few times. Could stagger him most of the time and did the eviscerate attacks. Maybe it helped that I had the Yhargul set on because he did less damage when I wore it. Did Alfred's questline after that.

Should I do Byrgenworth or however it's written now or continue on the Nightmare Frontier. My character is level 56. I have a +6 Holy Blade and +6 Reiterpallasch. I quite like the latter one. Don't want to upgrade much further because I would like to get the Blades of Mercy.

Akuun

Finally beat Arthas! He never did his sword summoning and in phase 2 he went flying quite a few times. Could stagger him most of the time and did the eviscerate attacks. Maybe it helped that I had the Yhargul set on because he did less damage when I wore it. Did Alfred's questline after that.

Should I do Byrgenworth or however it's written now or continue on the Nightmare Frontier. My character is level 56. I have a +6 Holy Blade and +6 Reiterpallasch. I quite like the latter one. Don't want to upgrade much further because I would like to get the Blades of Mercy.
Probably Nightmare Frontier first. You may be already slightly overleveled for Nightmare Frontier, and doing Byrgenwerth first would probably make you even more overleveled.

This was one of my biggest WTF moments in this game.

sphinx

the piano man
I don't remember any huge snakes coming out off the ground at any point in the game
:(

why did I miss it, where does that happen?

kikiribu

I don't remember any huge snakes coming out off the ground at any point in the game

Maybe you killed them so fast you interrupted the snake summon? It could also be that they appeared in a spot where you weren't looking during the fight since I think they appear in random locations.

sphinx

the piano man
It's from the Shadow of Yarnham boss fight.

Maybe you killed them so fast you interrupted the snake summon? It could also be that they appeared in a spot where you weren't looking during the fight since I think they appear in random locations.

the three black, specter-like ghosts?

yeah I killed them on my first try, I remember, I also had a summon there.

but I don't remember killing them super fast, mmh dunno. oh well no big snakes for me

NiteChylde

Neo Member
I beg you, dear hunters, I am in urgent need of advice, please hear me out!

As someone who mainly plays on Xbox and PC I'm not used to the DS controller and to be honest, usually I'm utter crap with it. Playing on my PS3 I managed to NOT beat Silitha, the teleporting spider boss in Darksiders, on normal difficulty after around two dozen or more tries, then ripping her apart on the highest difficulty on Xbox 360 first try. That's how bad I am when it comes to playing with a DualShock controller. Don't ask me why, the symmectric positioning of the analog sticks feels off to me.

Usually I don't care (and it's never again been as bad as it was with Silitha), but I'm really struggling with Bloodborne. I love what little I have experienced from that game, but I keep getting frustrated over my inability to play well with a DS.

Are there any high-quality third party controllers for PS4 with an asymmetric analog stick layout?

Currently I'm considering to buy a Nacon Revolution PRO, but I'd really prefer a wireless controller.

Are there any good wireless alternatives to the Nacon controller?

During the Shadow of Yarnham boss fight when you kill one of the 3 enemies the other 2 get stronger and use more powerful attacks, if you leave the Mage as the last enemy he starts to summon snakes and has a more powerful fireball attack.

2Y6KoYL.gif

derFeef

I beg you, dear hunters, I am in urgent need of advice, please hear me out!

As someone who mainly plays on Xbox and PC I'm not used to the DS controller and to be honest, usually I'm utter crap with it. Playing on my PS3 I managed to NOT beat Silitha, the teleporting spider boss in Darksiders, on normal difficulty after around two dozen or more tries, then ripping her apart on the highest difficulty on Xbox 360 first try. That's how bad I am when it comes to playing with a DualShock controller. Don't ask me why, the symmectric positioning of the analog sticks feels off to me.

Usually I don't care (and it's never again been as bad as it was with Silitha), but I'm really struggling with Bloodborne. I love what little I have experienced from that game, but I keep getting frustrated over my inability to play well with a DS.

Are there any high-quality third party controllers for PS4 with an asymmetric analog stick layout?

Currently I'm considering to buy a Nacon Revolution PRO, but I'd really prefer a wireless controller.

Are there any good wireless alternatives to the Nacon controller?
You could try a brook converter. I use them for my fight sticks, works with the Elite controller as well, wired only tho :)

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/07484504/
http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/86711304/

Akuun

but I don't remember killing them super fast, mmh dunno. oh well no big snakes for me
It's an interruptible cast, so maybe you just got in the guy's face and kept him from getting a cast off.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

If you had a summon with you they probably got stunlocked to death before they could do this particular attack pattern.

That's why I never summon on first playthroughs, not only a lot of boss fights are trivialized, but you miss out on their actual AI/pattern. I wish From would adjust the AI according to the number of players. ^^

During the Shadow of Yarnham boss fight when you kill one of the 3 enemies the other 2 get stronger and use more powerful attacks, if you leave the Mage as the last enemy he starts to summon snakes and has a more powerful fireball attack.

2Y6KoYL.gif

Pretty sure any of the three can summon the snakes. I saw those SOB's on tries where I took out the mage first.

Pretty sure any of the three can summon the snakes. I saw those SOB's on tries where I took out the mage first.

It's definately any of them. Based on a timer after you kill the first one I think.

If you never see them, you're doing well! :)

Oh right, I did that boss fight twice, looking back both times the Mage was the last one left so I assumed so. I didn't like the health bars taking up so much of the screen so I died to fight again without the HUD.

When Bloodborne went RE4, loved it.

Detras de thiiii imbetillllll!!!

You can also leave the three alive with 1/4 of their lives if you are a masoquist

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
maybe we should rename this to "SunhiGif Thread" since he seems to be posting these gifs non stop! they are great but cmon dude...stop spamming with them.

Strampas

Neo Member
I'm thinking about trying an arcane build for pve. Anyone has any suggestions of fun builds? And should I reroll or continue with my character, which I've beaten the game twice with (I think)? I mean, is there any reason people reroll instead of ng+? Except for meta pvp?

Also: When I search for bloodborne on either google or youtube, it doesn't show any search suggestions. Why is that?

RiggyRob

I'm thinking about trying an arcane build for pve. Anyone has any suggestions of fun builds? And should I reroll or continue with my character, which I've beaten the game twice with (I think)? I mean, is there any reason people reroll instead of ng+? Except for meta pvp?

Also: When I search for bloodborne on either google or youtube, it doesn't show any search suggestions. Why is that?

The problem with Arcane and PvE is that it takes shitloads of bullets to do decent damage with the Hunter's Tools, and one of the best Arcane weapons in scaling is Ludwig's Holy Blade, which while great is pretty boring to use AND you need the right Arcane gems.

Strength + Arcane could give you a best of both, with Tonitrus/Logarius Wheel and use Hunter's Tools when required - also, remember to use blood bullets!

rush777

Hey everyone, so I'm nearing the end of my NG+ and I'm not really feeling chalice dungeons. I'm going to buy the DLC but I'm curious if I have to do the chalice dungeons to get the better gems or will I find better ones in the DLC? How much harder is the DLC without the best gems from chalice dungeons?

Hey everyone, so I'm nearing the end of my NG+ and I'm not really feeling chalice dungeons. I'm going to buy the DLC but I'm curious if I have to do the chalice dungeons to get the better gems or will I find better ones in the DLC? How much harder is the DLC without the best gems from chalice dungeons?

Thats a good question little timmy, You can find some good gems on the DLC but nearly at the end of the DLC, Chalice's gems are late too and you have to invest some good time to reach that part too.

The DLC is harder than the main game, I really hope you have max stats (40+ and above) and +10 weapons because on Ng+the DLC is really hard

rush777

Thats a good question little timmy, You can find some good gems on the DLC but nearly at the end of the DLC, Chalice's gems are late too and you have to invest some good time to reach that part too.

The DLC is harder than the main game, I really hope you have max stats (40+ and above) and +10 weapons because on Ng+the DLC is really hard

Thanks for the response! I'm well levelled I just find the CD's tedious but I'm slogging through them because it sounds like the gems make a big differences damage output. Perhaps I'll start the DLC to see how I fair.

Thanks for the response! I'm well levelled I just find the CD's tedious but I'm slogging through them because it sounds like the gems make a big differences damage output. Perhaps I'll start the DLC to see how I fair.
You might need to be in the 120's for NG+. I think I can do fine enough in the 140's on NG++ though.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm thinking about getting the game again,how much is it on psn right now?

$35 on the US site. Here in the UK it's £25 and if you have PS Plus you get a 10% discount. that's for the complete/GOTY editions. it's cheaper if you don't want the dlc which you really should get.

you don't really need gems from the chalice dungeon for the DLC. i've never played chalice dungeons and was fine

The very best top tier gems from Chalice Dungeons are something really only hardline pvp'ers or OCD min-maxers really care about. They are far from necessary to get in order to have a good build or make it through the game, including DLC, NG+ onwards. I don't think I've ever got them and I've played the CDs through many a time, if I have got them it wasn't intentional. Really not necessary or worth farming for.

Top Bottom