• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

6JxuWXg.gif

pNv1fGr.gif

I fight him on the stairs too since he leashes there. There's been a few times he's one shot with the gun though. I always stick to the pistol, so not sure what gun he uses - Evelyn?

Veelk

Banned
You're all cowards.

I face him down in an honest duel. With HONOR!
in NG+ after I beat him back using the stairs in NG

xuchu

I did too lol. Well...if you consider visceral attacks galore an honest duel lol.

I didn't see this posted, but that Faraaz Khan guy did a no hit run of Bloodborne the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VXUW495f1g

I have no idea how he got through Orphan without getting hit lol.

That's sick. He finally did it huh. Been following him for a while and he's done many a run with only 1 or 2 hits. Congrats and major props to him.

Will give it a watch later.

Oh, you sweet summer child...
Who would have taken her body? The Yarhar'ghul aren't hunting for people anymore since the ritual is done. Iosefka is either dead or writhing in pain.

It makes sense that with her duty fulfilled and her passing on the Hunter of Hunters role to another she moves on. She knows nothing will be left in the morning. Unless she turned into a beast, but it seems like Paleblood hunters can't turn in to beasts and she definitely was a Paleblood at some point.

I dunno, who are taking Henryk or Djura's body if you kill them?

Eileen stays behind with Henryk to perhaps preform last rites on him. The crow armor does talk about sky burials. He also has to be killed before the ritual so there's time for Yarhar'ghul to grab him. As for Djura his body is surround by beast its not a stretch to think one got to his body. That is a fair point though, but if nothing else I feel like when the player kills an NPC there is slightly different rules. Generally I feel like when an NPC dies From either shows us a body or leaves a item asserting that person is dead. Eileen says she took blood, which could be a lie, but I feel like if From wanted the player to think she was dead they wouldn't written that line.

I'm going to keep telling myself Eileen was the only one to get away that night.

I dunno, who are taking Henryk or Djura's body if you kill them?

You are not supposed to kill Djura , cannonically you are supposed to beat paarl and befriend Djura after you met him the first time on Old Yharman entrance when he told you to not enter. The player kills the berserkers brothers if he ventures on the old yharman hunters base in self defense.

Henryk got disposed by Eileen since thats her job, the player help her to beat him then Eileen did her rite , she technically was the "hunter" cleaner that night.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You're missing the point, which is that hunters you kill disappear right away and leave no body because video games... :p

Also, there is no "canonical" truth about Djura. I always killed him for his armour even after befriending him. :p

rtcn63

On replay, I've begun switching from the Kirkhammer to the Pizza Cutter post
Rom
. The slow speed, iffy moveset, and horrible sweetspot mechanic are becoming a chore to deal with it now that enemies are both faster and stronger. It's a fun weapon to use, but it's just so flawed functionally. I'm only using it because I've already finished the game with both Ludwig's and the Pizza Cutter.

You're missing the point, which is that hunters you kill disappear right away and leave no body because video games... :p

Also, there is no "canonical" truth about Djura. I always killed him for his armour even after befriending him. :p

Yes, they vanish. S
imon
also vanish when he dies after his final dialogue in front of you or if you dont talk to him you can later pick the drops on his last spawn, Eileen dont.

You can try to trick the game by not talking to her so the items could be on the floor but unlike any other NPC it doesnt happen, she just wait for you and then disappears afterwards with no trace or items dropped yet she have a extra dialogue if you kill her.

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
On replay, I've begun switching from the Kirkhammer to the Pizza Cutter post
Rom
. The slow speed, iffy moveset, and horrible sweetspot mechanic are becoming a chore to deal with it now that enemies are both faster and stronger. It's a fun weapon to use, but it's just so flawed functionally. I'm only using it because I've already finished the game with both Ludwig's and the Pizza Cutter.

The Kirkhammer's godlike hitstun is underrated.
giphy.gif

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Just started Bloodborne for the second time, but what did i have to do to wake up the doll? Die?

Morfeo

Show her your GAF profile

Last time I did this to a girl, she never returned :(

Anyways, just beat the Cleric Beast on my first try. Last time I played the game, i tried this boss for probably 6-7 times and wasnt able to defeat him, but this time i took a lot of time properly exploring more or less the whole area, got the insight to start level up and upgrading my weapon, and collected a ton of healing items. While i still wasnt able to properly defend and understand when and how to properly roll to evade, the 20 vials meant that i could fuck up a ton without really being in any danger - and thus i killed it off without a proper strategy. Kinda anti-climactic.

But its cool that I am finally getting started for real. The hunt is on tonight!

Morfeo

Killed of Gazza, also on my first try. Man, this game is way to generous with the healing time, you dont really have to try to avoid damage on these first few bosses.

blakdeth

I'm looking for someone to validate my feeling that it is okay to summon for boss fights. Sometimes I simply don't have the time or inclination to attempt a boss fight a dozen times before succeeding. I really love these types of games, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm some sort of a scrub if I summon. If one or two folks out there would echo this sentiment, I would feel a lot better.

I'm looking for someone to validate my feeling that it is okay to summon for boss fights. Sometimes I simply don't have the time or inclination to attempt a boss fight a dozen times before succeeding. I really love these types of games, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm some sort of a scrub if I summon. If one or two folks out there would echo this sentiment, I would feel a lot better.
It's your game, play it the way you like! :)

Wamb0wneD

Hi y'all! I was the guy who made that recent thread where I struggled with the game deisgn before finishing the Cleric Beast. Didn't want to bump that thread though.

Sooo the level design in this game is fucking ace. I love Miyazaki. Anyway...
I beat the Father G dude on my second try, was surprised since everyone hyped him up so hard. The third boss however... (That white wolf thing with the amulet in her hands)... God fucking damnit. Like... God damn. I'm getting my ass kicked so hard. Even when I dodge most of the stuff, I'm two hit material and didn't even manage to get her to half hp.

I then tried to explore some more, to the right there are two hunter dudes. The one with his bolt weapon was no problem whatsoever... The dude with the shotgun and spear tho... I can't. Dodging that shit in time when I'm near him is almost impossible. And my sneak attack from behind didn't even deal half damage.

To the left theres some forest that looks interesting, maybe I'll expore that next. Or should I go to Old Yarnam? So many places.

Also a question, is it true I have to be at NG+ for the DLC content? That would be a real bummer...

Top Bottom