• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Booted up Steam for time in months and checked the new releases....WTF

And you're missing my point. While it's easy to say Suicide Simulator is garbage, anyone could've said the same for West of Loathing. The garbage hunt will not only take real garbage, it'll take what looks like garbage with it.

And I prefer that the real garbage make it, because not only I wont see it, it also mean that what looks like garbage and is actually good will also make it and I may see it and be able to purchase it.

Okay, well, I clearly disagree. Guess we'll leave it at that.

MUnited83

For you.
Arguing for minimal curation to prevent certain types of titles isn't the same as what you think I'm saying.

I didn't say, let's not put stuff that looks low budget on Steam. My posts were directed towards very specific kinds of games, as outlined in the OP.

Which is, this is a suicide simulator.

I don't agree that "no curation" is the way to go and throwing out that line as if it's some sort of argument all by itself doesn't mean much.

So let me make clear: I'm not asking for some overarching curation. My position basically intersects with one that looks at prohibiting blatantly offensive games from the platform. That's what the posts are about. If you want to move that argument away from curation into a censorship zone, be my guest and interpret my posts as such.

And since I'm fairly certain Steam prohibits some kinds of games, I'm not sure how my position of minimal curation is unreasonable.
Just because the title is has "simulator" in the title it doesn't mean it's a actual simulator of anything. There is a shitload of games that use suicide as a game mechanic in far darker and gorier days than this game.

All this game is is a asset dump that focuses on nothing more than generic ways to die in any fps

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
People in this thread have already spent more time posting here than the creator of Suicide Simulator spent making it. Seems like giving a game an edgy name is still enough.

But Steam is not a monopoly, and no, the percentage of trash games is not even remotely close to 80%.

As far as I'm concerned 80% of Steam games could be trash, so what? I don't care, I never see those games outside of these threads and I get literally at least a dozen good and interesting games each month, more than I could ever hope to play.

Hey if you want some curated content you can always check GOG or any other store.

Not all stores, specially in an open platform, should be curated.

Not everybody shares the same values and if it's legal, somebody might find that game fun.

If you get upset by content like it, I think you might be the problem but is ok because there are other stores for you.

Steam appeal to the user to have some criteria and the power of choice, the same of any other medium.

Steam has tools to filter content, next time use them.

Thanks to give exposition to those trash games, OP. We could never find them.

These games existing on steam does not bother me. I am sure there are some hypothetical games, perhaps even existing ones, would. But even then you weigh the merits of being a truly open platform and the damages done by the game being there, and make a decision on an individual basis. I don't think suicide simulator and ISIS simulator requires action, just based on the description and title alone. Could be wrong. Not gonna look at videos let alone play the games.

Top Bottom