• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boris Johnson made foreign secretary by Theresa May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

This makes him lickable to me. I need to do more research on him to find out why he is so hated though(I'm American).
He does dumb things to feign stupidity to mask his real intentions. He messes up his hair before every appearance in politics for example.

Think Bush dancing, he's still a cunt even if he's fooled some people.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
It's difficult to understand what I'm supposed to do with the overflowing disgust and genuine rage I feel about politics in this country currently.

FStop7

Banned
This almost sounds like a punishment considering how badly Boris fucked up the referendum. He tried to run away and now he's being placed in the hottest possible seat. He's going to be the punching bag.

Acorn

BBC Talking head "First f.o in long time to speak multiple languages"

Great so he can offend people in their native tongue.

how is boris johnson an actual politician

he looks like the type of guy who would accidentally set off the nuclear arsenal while looking for a bag of crisps

Acorn

how is boris johnson an actual politician

he looks like the type of guy who would accidentally set off the nuclear arsenal while looking for a bag of crisps
That's precisely why he is/was popular. Idiots think "hoy hoy hoy I'd have a pint with him".

This makes him lickable to me. I need to do more research on him to find out why he is so hated though(I'm American).

That's his shtick. He's perfected the ability to come across as the "normal" one, the only politician you'd like to go for a pint with. "One of us", as you were.

When in fact it's all an act. He's a two-faced, manipulative, slimy liar cunt who I wouldn't trust to hold my drink let alone run the fucking Foreign Office.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-the-flawed-mayor-of-london-8626198.html

Boris Johnson’s ‘recklessness’ about pregnancy and the feelings of others when committing ‘extramarital adulterous liaisons’ raises questions about his fitness for public office. That was the conclusion of an extraordinary judgment by the Appeal Court this week: that his ‘reckless’ attitude to the women and children involved is a matter of public interest that overrides the normally paramount rights to privacy of a blameless infant.

The judges pointed to the key fact that Johnson was known to have sired two children outside his marriage with different women as behind their decision not to grant a gagging order about his identity. They agreed with an earlier private ruling that he had achieved a ‘level of notoriety’ in his philandering with other women and that fathering two children in this way ‘goes to the issue of recklessness... relevant to both his private and professional character’.

And tories too. Laura Knuessberg basically did a 45 minute love poem to Theresa May. I'm sure it's still biased to labour somehow though.

And not even a substantiated love poem. Just complete fluff, more appropriate for a royal wedding than a change in government.

He appears to be a bit of a racist, no? Or are those comments he has been documented as making not really racist somehow?

That does seem pretty bad.

Absolutely. I guess my point is most of the ppl in government are just as bad, if not worse. That could be said on a global scale aswell.

These political threads i find are extremely toxic. Nothing but non stop bashing, panic and insults. If you try and have a reasonable debate about these issues, it almost always results in insults, being accused of being a racist, etc etc.

This isn't directly addressed at you my friend, just a general observation.

Let's all hope this new government can reunite everyone and bring the UK back stronger than ever.

Why would she do this? Is she part of ukip?

She knows the Brexit process is going to be a shit show. So maybe she wants to use Boris as the lightning rod? If she gives the position to someone who isn't that flamboyant, the shit show will be attributed to the PMO.

The questions is, why did Boris agree to it. Maybe he felt his not trying to be the PM was a huge negative so he didn't wish to fade into obscurity?

She knows the Brexit process is going to be a shit show. So maybe she wants to use Boris as the lightning rod? If she gives the position to someone who isn't that flamboyant, the shit show will be attributed to the PMO.

The questions is, why did Boris agree to it. Maybe he felt his not trying to be the PM was a huge negative so didn't he didn't wish to fade into obscurity?
There's no possible way he gets the brunt of it. She had to choose the poison pill or ignoring the will of the people. No antics from him can take that away

Zaph

The questions is, why did Boris agree to it. Maybe he felt his not trying to be the PM was a huge negative so didn't he didn't wish to fade into obscurity?
Boris had no choice. Up until a few hours ago he was the irrelevant coward who ran away and buried his career. This is a chance to regain some semblance of relevancy.

Also, if he refused, he'd probably have to do so publicly, or May's camp would make sure every newspaper knew he was offered a position but refused. Thus solidifying his legacy as a coward.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This guy will try to get all the attention he can every time he goes somewhere, it will constantly put the media spotlight on him, and Brits will typically love it because seeing a high dignitary insult foreigners with sarcasm and a smile is a British tradition. Prince Philip, Boris Johnson, same shit.

FStop7

Banned
From a scale of 1-10. Where 10 is the highest and 1 is the lowest. How screwed is England right now?

They're starting at a 10 and have to work their way toward a 1.

I think they'll end up around a 5 - losing Scotland as part of the UK, loss of EU funding, the NHS will suffer, harsh recession, severe brain drain as the young and educated Brits flee for opportunities outside of the country.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
This is a pretty smart move by May. She's not going to let the asshats who pushed Brexit walk away without getting their hands dirty with the whole mess.

pswii60

Perhaps Boris can perform well when kept on a tight leash from Theresa. He's more than capable - he's incredibly intelligent, multilingual and has a ridiculous amount of knowledge on the history of other countries. But he just needs to tidy up, stop acting like an idiot, stop bullshitting and be a hell of a lot more tactful. A big ask. I mean, sort your fucking hair out and get to the gym, Boris.

He's like the naughty kid at school that shows promise, given one last chance to behave and turn things around.
This is a pretty smart move by May. She's not going to let the asshats who pushed Brexit walk away without getting their hands dirty with the whole mess.
You have been brainwashed by Juncker. Farage ran away, not Boris. Boris got fucked over by a certain Mr Gove - he even did his leadership speech.. just with a slight last-minute caveat at the end. And if Theresa only wanted him to sort out the mess, she could have put him in the Brexit team, she didn't need to make him Foreign Secretary.

I'm still surprised though.. Boris is definitely the odd one out when looking at her appointments.

AxelFoley

Day fucking One and the new PM already shows her incompetence. I don't know much about UK politics, but I do know Boris Johnson is a fucking fool.

AxelFoley

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

m3k

jesus what a shitshow... i thought this morning england would be moving on

just about the worst guy for the job...im not english and even i find this infuriating

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
He's certainly not being setup to be fired, he's being groomed to be a possible PM eventually. May is helping him.

Plus it's definitely a gift for having stepped out of the race to begin with. She basically is PM thanks to him now. Was probably a deal.

PJV3

He's certainly not being setup to be fired, he's being groomed to be a possible PM eventually. May is helping him.

Plus it's definitely a gift for having stepped out of the race to begin with. She basically is PM thanks to him now. Was probably a deal.

Nah, I think it's simply about satisfying the leave camp and taking the heat off the rest of the government. I doubt she cares about his career either way,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom