• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Episode was soooo good. I'm hyped and I haven't been for naruto content since well pain.

Loved the lip touches they added. Anime gonna make this arc better I feel

Nice episode. I wonder what other things would they add to the gaiden.

But if we are not even close to the graduation I'd like to know too what's going to happen right after this arc is over.

ghstwrld

queen of loans
hhfMpEz.jpg

We're they close to graduating at this point in the manga?
I don't remember the manga bringing it up. Full assumption on my part that it was closer honestly. I mean shit they're doing wall climbing and water walking something naruto and co did after graduation and after a few missions at that these kids ready

I wonder what arc they are going to put in before the graduation then. Maybe a Mitsuki backstory arc with that one shot chapter. Maybe some more Boruto stuff that leads to his stand off with Naruto. Maybe some more info on those other characters like the Gothic kid.
I don't remember the manga bringing it up. Full assumption on my part that it was closer honestly. I mean shit they're doing wall climbing and water walking something naruto and co did after graduation and after a few missions at that these kids ready

from the Gaiden Manga

So basically they were close. I also remember Naruto being busy with headband orders.

Are the official subs for the movie out?

I'm trynna finish Shippuden also. Up to where Guy opens up the 8th gate.
which movie? The Last or Boruto the Movie? Both I believe are on BluRay. (Not sure if it is dubbed or just plain subbed though)
The anime we are watching right now is pre Boruto the movie.

I wonder what arc they are going to put in before the graduation then. Maybe a Mitsuki backstory arc with that one shot chapter. Maybe some more Boruto stuff that leads to his stand off with Naruto. Maybe some more info on those other characters like the Gothic kid.

from the Gaiden Manga

So basically they were close. I also remember Naruto being busy with headband orders.
Well that's some bull than. Let's go genin mission hype

RangerBAD

Boruto's attitude toward Naruto had lessened some especially in the last episode, but it's like none of that development happened. lol I guess it could be to setup the manga adaptation, but watching the anime makes the anime itself seem fruitless.

LotusHD

Banned
I forgot how hilarious it was the way Sarada questioned Sakura's relationship with Sasuke. This adaptation gonna be a fun ride.

nickgia

Really enjoying Boruto despite the lack of action scenes in a lot of the episodes. I think it's because they aren't doing a flashback playlist every 5 minutes. I hope they keep it that way.

Wild Card

Another great episode, finally adapting some of chapter 700 I guess. Though maybe to well? Boruto painting the Hokage monument feels a bit over the top for how he's been portrayed so far i.e actively inciting Naruto, outside of the first episode of course. Kinda threw me off, made me think we were in another flashback, I'm getting a little lost on the timeline here.

Also things have changed pretty significantly from the old times if there already close to graduating. They've been in the academy for like less than a year? Wasn't Naruto's group attending for something like 6 years?

Boruto's attitude toward Naruto had lessened some especially in the last episode, but it's like none of that development happened. lol I guess it could be to setup the manga adaptation, but watching the anime makes the anime itself seem fruitless.

I don't think anything happened in the past episodes that would prevent him from acting how he does. All it indicated is that Boruto does actually care to have a relationship with his Dad deep down, but he's only going to worker harder if anything to keep it repressed.

RangerBAD

I don't think anything happened in the past episodes that would prevent him from acting how he does. All it indicated is that Boruto does actually care to have a relationship with his Dad deep down, but he's only going to worker harder if anything to keep it repressed.

I mean unless it's supposed to happen before Boruto enters the academy there is a disconnect. All they had to do was tone it down. Vandalizing his father's face doesn't seem like something he'd do anymore if we're not being shown the past. In the early parts of the manga he's still pretty bad, I'll admit. In terms of the anime, there's been a lot of onscreen developments.

In terms of anime development, again I don't think it makes it any weirder. Unless I'm forgetting something, the only anime developments I remember involved revealing that he does care to have a relationship with his dad but rejects it, not that he was trying to stop his outward attitude toward the situation.

brinstar

I wasn't really a fan of them putting the face painting scene there in the anime because in the manga that was something he did when he was younger. Boruto seems more chill than that now that he's older. Also I liked that in the manga they were just having a sparring session instead of making it a discipline thing he had to goad Naruto into.

One addition I did really like though was how they gave Cho Cho more of a reason to think Choji might not be her dad out of nowhere. In the original story it's played more as a joke and makes her seem like a ditz, but this was a more organic way of making it work that's still funny.

Also why the hell is there a book anyone can casually read that details the sharingan's secrets and ID's Sasuke and Sarada lol

Also why the hell is there a book anyone can casually read that details the sharingan's secrets and ID's Sasuke and Sarada lol
Not really it only had barebone images and maybe clan deaths, but it didn't even mention who Sasuke's daughter was, didn't tell anything about Itachi or Madara, didn't talk about Obito, didn't talk about the Susanoo and what Sasuke did.
When she went for more information it was all classified.

Even having a book just out there that details that Sasuke has a daughter just seemed weird to me.
They don't know were the daughter lives or what is her name.

What is more of a threat to Sarada is her carrying that Uchiha crest on her back and also being called Uchiha on her official last name and documents.

Shouta

It's not really uncommon to have a book or something about the history of a clan in this kind of setting. Considering most of the Uchiha are dead, there wouldn't be anyone in the direct clan that could keep that information so Konoha probably decided to store the historical records that was already known available in the library and kept the more important info on lockdown.

SoulUnison

Banned
I don't think an Uchiha book being available is too weird but when it mentioned Sadara I was like "that's more updated than I'd expect"

Aren't the kids, like, 12 years old?

12 years is too quickly to add a tiny blurb about the last surviving member of the clan that much of the book's point is to chronicle the lineage of had an heir?

What?

Galang

Banned
The last episode was easily the best one and really good. :) Kinda wish Sarada was the lead instead. Cho-cho continues to be awesome too! Hope this arc lasts a while

decisions

Naruto demoted to being Boruto's dad.

Man this series is so stupid. Nothing worse than when one of your favorite characters gets replaced by their kid that you're supposed to care about because they're related to the ones that you do...Now imagine that happening to every single character!

At least Dragon Ball GT had good character designs, this show is just awful in terms of pacing and aesthetic...

/vent

I wish Naruto was more involved in the series. It's not like he's a fucking old man. He's still in the prime of his life. Fans have waited a long ass time to see Naruto become Hokage and now we get shit.

Top Bottom