• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

decisions

I wish Naruto was more involved in the series. It's not like he's a fucking old man. He's still in the prime of his life. Fans have waited a long as time to see Naruto become Hokage and now we get shit.

After Kishimoto's new series needs a break, he will pull a Toriyama and retcon Boruto right? RIGHT?

Galang

Banned
Another impressive episode. They got everything right.. genuinely surprised the last two episodes have been so good. Even Naruto as a character is way more interesting in this series than he was in shipuuden. Love seeing him act as a hokage

Naruto demoted to being Boruto's dad.
holy shit the replies on this are golden
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/896491299372621824
DHPPVqrXcAIOiQl.jpg
SASUKEEEEEEEEE!!
BORUTO'S DAAAAAAAAAAD!!
giphy.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
To be fair, by most anime standards Naruto is an ancient old geezer.

Yep

Boruto is getting more popular. Nobody wants to watch a 15 year old anime when you can watch the new hotness. Animax started showing the entire Naruto series. I tried it and was like nah.

decisions

Yep

Boruto is getting more popular. Nobody wants to watch a 15 year old anime when you can watch the new hotness. Animax started showing the entire Naruto series. I tried it and was like nah.

Do we have any sort of numbers to go by for Boruto? It seems like the hate is growing for it to me...

Rewatched Lee vs. Gaara yesterday and it really sucks that we never saw Lee fight Neji :/ Definitel my favorite fight in the whole series. Or at least one of the very top ones. Boruto just has nothing like that so far, the whole series feels lifeless to me while Naruto had gripped me by the first episode.

Huh? I think it's awesome how much we get to see Naruto be Hokage and do Hokage things. This is the first I've heard anyone complain about specifically that.

OMG I forgot how that chapter ended LOL

After Kishimoto's new series needs a break, he will pull a Toriyama and retcon Boruto right? RIGHT?

PM, is that you?

This will never happen for reasons stated here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74REUpOg2B4

Kishimoto don't want to draw anymore, which is understandable. He can safely stay as a producer and let other people handle the series while he just supervises it. It should be less stressful.

Say whatever you want about the series, but Kishimoto created an international icon and he deserves to live off its fame. I'd do the same if I were him.

Shouta

Pretty great episode again. I really liked that they added a scene with Sarada switching to her best design. The small additions to Cho-cho's stuff was nice too.

I really hope they continue the Naruto/Sarada, Sasuke/Boruto line for awhile as the series goes on. It has such interesting potential.

Shouta

Yo... is naruto immune to genjutsu now? That mangekyo did nothing.

Mangekyo abilities differ from user to user on top of the standard Sharingan abilities. Naruto points out Shin's ability is remote projectile control in the fight after the weapon Shin is using separates into multiple blades and attacks them. He wasn't using any genjutsu at all in the fight.

Effect

Do we have any sort of numbers to go by for Boruto? It seems like the hate is growing for it to me...

Rewatched Lee vs. Gaara yesterday and it really sucks that we never saw Lee fight Neji :/ Definitel my favorite fight in the whole series. Or at least one of the very top ones. Boruto just has nothing like that so far, the whole series feels lifeless to me while Naruto had gripped me by the first episode.

The Rock Lee vs Gaara fight was the moment when I knew I was going to stick with the Naruto as a series to the end. I expected ups and downs but that was the fight (the fighting, emotion, ninja lore and info, etc) that hooked me. I really hope there is a fight or moment in Boruto that does that.

theWB27

Mangekyo abilities differ from user to user on top of the standard Sharingan abilities. Naruto points out Shin's ability is remote projectile control in the fight after the weapon Shin is using separates into multiple blades and attacks them. He wasn't using any genjutsu at all in the fight.

This makes sense. Must've been too excited to see kurama mode again. Although naruto didn't look away before he knew what his mangekyo did.

I thought he has had a super high resistance to genjutsu for a while now.

Is it sage mode that helps? I know my favorite Pervy sage gave tips too.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a bit behind in the series but I do enjoy the fact that in two different scenes Boruto's shadow clones show different emotions. One was apathetic, another was angry, one happy, the main boruto enthusiastic, etc.

I think they should expand on that when he uses his shadow clones to solve mysteries or deal with personal issues in the future.

Khezu

Adult Naruto has such a great design.

I love his transformation and his cloak turning into giant chakra hands.

The original RM looked goofy but got better when he mastered it, but it just looks so good as an adult.

Mendrox

Another impressive episode. They got everything right.. genuinely surprised the last two episodes have been so good. Even Naruto as a character is way more interesting in this series than he was in shipuuden. Love seeing him act as a hokage

It's from the manga so I expected them to not fuck it up. Good episodes

MartyStu

Sasuke and Naruto are infinitely better characters as adults.

Like holy shit, I do not think I ever liked either of them until they were adults.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

Like holy shit, I do not think I ever liked either of them until they were adults.

I thought Sasuke had the better character arc overall throughout Naruto and Shippuden even if it hit a few strange road bumps. Naruto's character arc wasn't as great though, even though his training arcs we're better than Sasuke because sometimes it felt like Sasuke received bs power ups to keep up with Naruto.

LotusHD

Banned

Adults are just great people. And yea, Adult Sasuke especially is the best he has ever been. Just... forget about his many crimes...

I haven't begun watching Boruto yet, but I see the reviews on myanimelist, are way way way more negative than your guys impression. What gives?

How popular is Boruto in Japan compared to Naruto?

Khezu

I haven't begun watching Boruto yet, but I see the reviews on myanimelist, are way way way more negative than your guys impression. What gives?

'

Anime fans are giant babies and if they dont get exactly what they want they throw a hissy fit.

That or annoy everyone on popular gaming internet forums.

Shouta

Kinda happens when you grow out of your teenage years, lol

But yeah, they're a lot more likable now that they've completed their growth as characters and are in positions of responsibility. You can still see the after effects of everything that happened in their lives but you can also see how they apply what they've learned. It even directly affects their current motivations now.

It also helps that the writing has gone back to the beginning Naruto levels, or at least closer to that, which means they actually are characters instead of just dolls used for the action and melodrama.

Pein

Banned

Basic anime fans are trash who have no taste, look at shit like Sword art online becoming mega hits to see proof.

Boruto is early shonen without the insane stakes right now, its relaxed and much more slice of life, When they get to the action which we know they will thats gonna be good too thanks to boruto the movie and the director of the series just killing it so far.

People just want more naruto but we had that for 15 years so they need to let that go,

Basic anime fans are trash who have no taste, look at shit like Sword art online becoming mega hits to see proof.

Boruto is early shonen without the insane stakes right now, its relaxed and much more slice of life, When they get to the action which we know they will thats gonna be good too thanks to boruto the movie and the director of the series just killing it so far.

People just want more naruto but we had that for 15 years so they need to let that go,

I also hear that myanimelist has some shitty people at a management level?

Is there any place where you can get better impressions from non-alt right loons?

jobber

I am waiting for the Mitsuki heel turn after the movie arc. The fact that they're shoving him into every episode when he doesn't serve any purpose is puzzling especially in the last 2 episodes. I'm gonna laugh if he ends up appearing in the tower next episode.

I am waiting for the Mitsuki heel turn after the movie arc. The fact that they're shoving him into every episode when he doesn't serve any purpose is puzzling especially in the last 2 episodes. I'm gonna laugh if he ends up appearing in the tower next episode.

Last episode it was funny how he was just randomly creeping on Sadara and Chocho. I didn't think it was weird in this episode considering he was just hanging out with Boruto as normal.

I wonder what he was talking to Chocho about. Can't remember if that goes somewhere in the manga or not.

jobber

Last episode it was funny how he was just randomly creeping on Sadara and Chocho. I didn't think it was weird in this episode considering he was just hanging out with Boruto as normal.

I wonder what he was talking to Chocho about. Can't remember if that goes somewhere in the manga or not.

He probably put a snake in her bag so he could track them

Top Bottom