• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BRÜTAL LEGEND official thread of umlauts and schaferian awesomeness

Wiggum2007

Uh oh, I think its about time for me to go on blackout until I get the game!

Buuut just in case I can't keep myself away from the thread... Congratulations to you guys getting it early, but make sure to use spoiler tags, even for the tiniest things!!!

MMaRsu

Banned
Wiggum2007 said:
Uh oh, I think its about time for me to go on blackout until I get the game!

Buuut just in case I can't keep myself away from the thread... Congratulations to you guys getting it early, but make sure to use spoiler tags, even for the tiniest things!!!

No problem I'll spoiler everything except if I like it or not :p.

painey

i've been on total media blackout and im getting some playtime later at my friends.. im quietly excited :D I hope its as good as Psychonauts

holy hammer of the gods I am hungover. I have to work all say today and tomorrow before I can grab the game at midnight, then I have to work all day tuesday.
oh yeah, they had a huge Brutal Legend demo set up at the Dethklok concert last night. There were tons of people that didn't know what it was before hand but thought it was awesome. I can't get pictures off of my phone of I would post a few before I fall asleep again.

Eric WK

MMaRsu said:
So I should have the game tomorrow, it seems stores are going to sell it tomorrow if they have it.

FUCKING SWEET MAN. Gonna puff some herb and get crazy in a world of metal! WOOHOO.

Fix your fucking router, dude. How else are we going to tear apart people in Brutal Legend multiplayer once we finish the campaign?

MMaRsu

Banned
Eric WK said:
Fix your fucking router, dude. How else are we going to tear apart people in Brutal Legend multiplayer once we finish the campaign?

Shit man I know.. I'll see what I can do man!

DevelopmentArrested said:
woo got retail game. ill post impressions later if you guys want.

On a Sunday?

iyo4na.gif

Stampy

Ken Masters said:
I loved the demo but I need to know how long this game is and if there is any replay value in this game

On normal playthrough, by investigating a little and not rushing the game, it should take you from 12-15 hours. And if you want to do 100% some 30 hours or so. And afterwards you have mp.

Stampy said:
On normal playthrough, by investigating a little and not rushing the game, it should take you from 12-15 hours. And if you want to do 100% some 30 hours or so. And afterwards you have mp.

how do you get 100%?

MMaRsu

Banned
Ken Masters said:
I loved the demo but I need to know how long this game is and if there is any replay value in this game

about 15 to 20 hours depending on how long you want to spend getting collectables :). If you want 100% completion I think you're looking at 20 hours.

And then there's multiplayer, which looks awesome actually. They started developing with the MP so yeah.

eXistor

MMaRsu said:
So I should have the game tomorrow, it seems stores are going to sell it tomorrow if they have it.
Awesome, we're bound to get it tuesday then (we don't get stock on monday). Can't wait. I'm counting on Brütal Legend to be the one big release this year not to disappoint. Uncharted 2 might join that small club too, but we'll see.

Eric WK

Fucking Gamestop just called me to tell me about the midnight opening tomorrow and I don't even have it preordered there. Now I want to go.

Shurs

MMaRsu said:
about 15 to 20 hours depending on how long you want to spend getting collectables :). If you want 100% completion I think you're looking at 20 hours.

And then there's multiplayer, which looks awesome actually. They started developing with the MP so yeah.

Where did this playtime come from? I thought it was posted in this thread that the guy on JustinTV beat the game in 6 hours.

Edit: Of course that could have been bullshit.

Zinthar

The game is out in 2 days and there's not a single review out yet? That's a little worrying considering that this is a well known EA-published game. Not buying until I see some reviews.

Shurs

Zinthar said:
The game is out in 2 days and there's not a single review out yet? That's a little worrying considering that this is a well known EA-published game. Not buying until I see some reviews.

The Game Informer guys said it was really good.

JambiBum

So on that gamestop deal, where you trade two games in to get Brutal Legend for 20 bucks. Some of those games are kind of old so I decided to check out the regular trade in values for those games on the GS site. I was going to trade in L4D and UFC for the deal but then I checked out the actual trade in values for those games here . UFC will get me 25+ an extra 25% for the power trade offer. Then L4D gets me 15-19 plus power trade. I also have my edge card which gets me extra.

So instead of doing their "deal" I'm just going to trade in UFC towards Brutal Legend and then L4D towards Borderlands. Seems like I get more value that way.

RPGCrazied

Shurs said:
Where did this playtime come from? I thought it was posted in this thread that the guy on JustinTV beat the game in 6 hours.

from tim himself, i asked that question that got asked during the onthespot live demo.

he said about 15hours, and abit more if you do it all

Dartastic

MMaRsu said:

This is an accurate number, btw. The JustinTV guy is full of shit.

that 6 hours better be bs, that would be like Uncharted length. I doubt the MP will hold my interest that long after. At least match Psychonauts length

ashism

I got both this and uncharted on Friday. Nothing against UC2, but as thrasher of ye olde, this game speaks to me on more levels than I can even describe.

There are so many little winks and nods to metal fanatics.
One of my favorites is the forks over the eyes to the viewfinders like the scorpions.
Or the sweet orgasmatron bass line Lemmy plays as he fiddles about.

The playlist is amazing too. You can organize it by genre. Magnificent, everything is correctly organized in the right genre. It's very obvious the developers know the in's and out's of metal.

If you don't think this is one of the greatest metal satirical tributes since Spinal Tap, then you either have no soul, or too much linkin park on your ipod. Perhaps both.

Dartastic

Kifimbo said:
Only doing the primary missions is the only way you can finish this game in six hours in your first try.

Um, no, it's not. Even if you do only the primary missions it's just not possible to do.

Dartastic said:
Um, no, it's not. Even if you do only the primary missions it's just not possible to do.

How did you get the game early? Everyone always seems to have the big fall games early, are you a journalist or did a store break the street date?

MMaRsu

Banned
eXistor said:
Awesome, we're bound to get it tuesday then (we don't get stock on monday). Can't wait. I'm counting on Brütal Legend to be the one big release this year not to disappoint. Uncharted 2 might join that small club too, but we'll see.
E plaza is supposed to be sselling it already :)

Dartastic

Vercingetorix said:
How did you get the game early? Everyone always seems to have the big fall games early, are you a journalist or did a store break the street date?

I helped test it. Trust me, you cannot beat the game in 6 hours, and if you CAN you're a maniac.

MMaRsu

Banned
Dartastic said:

Well maybe on easy something like 6/7 hours COULD be done, but that's really rushing it I think. Why the fuck would you even want to :lol .

God I'm going to watch Harry Potter ( the new movie ) tonight and I can't fucking wait for tomorrow. :D :D

Dartastic said:
I helped test it. Trust me, you cannot beat the game in 6 hours, and if you CAN you're a maniac.

Are you going to buy the game or do you get if for free after testing it? Do you want to play through it again? Is it awesome? :p

Dartastic

MMaRsu said:
Are you going to buy the game or do you get if for free after testing it? Do you want to play through it again? Is it awesome? :p

I work for EA and not DF, so no, I don't get it for free. =( However I am going to buy it, as I do want to play through it again as it is AWESOME. :D

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Just got the call that my Gamestop is doing a midnight launch on Monday. yay i'm excited :D

Yoshi256

Banned
Darklord said:
I'm not a guy who'll rush it anyway. 6 hours is probably minimum and really, who wants to do the minimum of a game?

I agree, everybody wants a 30 Hour+ Game, but If the play it many people stop after 10 hours or so. There are still enough gamers outside that never finished GTA IV and Assassins Creed. Both take quite long to finish, but also are very repetative.
So I prefer rather a 10 Hour game that never gets boring than a 30 Hour Game that bores me to death after 10 Hours.

Fox Mulder

Shurs said:

the 6 hour time isn't bullshit. You can fly through the story depending on difficulty, skill, and what you choose to do. I'm far through the story, but started doing some side stuff between missions when I realized how quickly I was flying through it. There's side missions and exploration/collectibles to add some time, but I don't doubt at all that people can beat the story in 6 hours. People can even beat Fallout 3 in an hour, but it doesn't mean the game sucks ass.

bon

Zoso said:
Just got the call that my Gamestop is doing a midnight launch on Monday. yay i'm excited :D
Me too. A midnight launch means they must have a decent amount of preorders, right?

Top Bottom